RAFAEL NADAL FORUM

Un forum complet dédié au numéro 2 mondial Rafael Nadal ainsi qu'à tous les autres joueurs du circuit ATP.
Pour tous les amoureux et passionnés de tennis.

-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

John ISNER

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant
Auteur Message

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Dans un cabanon perdu en Espagne

Membre n° : 3

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 22 Aoû 2007 - 10:37

John Isner

John ISNER I186_AT

Birthdate: 26-Apr-85
Birthplace: Greensboro, NC, U.S.A.
Residence: Tampa, FL, U.S.A.
Height: 6'9'' (205 cm)
Weight: 236 lbs (107 kg)
Plays: Right-handed
Turned Pro: 2007
Coach: Ricardo Acuna & Manuel Diaz

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Paris

Membre n° : 1

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 22 Aoû 2007 - 10:44

New Haven 2007 vs Becker

(sports.yahoo.com)
John ISNER Fulljgetty76051335ms001wo6.th John ISNER Fulljgetty76051335ms004bp9.th John ISNER Capt8650eff69f1c41939b4kt1.th
John ISNER Capt63512f71ce8446c68d9wr7.th John ISNER Capt08c84be3262d45b5bf0os3.th John ISNER Fulljgetty76051335ms002ti4.th John ISNER Fulljgetty76051335ms003te3.th

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 22 Aoû 2007 - 12:49

US Open: Isner invité

17/08/2007 - 10:06

Son beau parcours à Washington, où il avait atteint la finale, lui aura bien servi. John Isner, ce jeune Américain de 2,08m, a reçu une wild-card de la part des organisateurs de l'US Open. La nouvelle attraction du tennis américain sera sans aucun doute un joueur à éviter au premier tour de la dernière levée du Grand Chelem de la saison.

www.sports.fr

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyJeu 23 Aoû 2007 - 18:18

Vs Ferrer

(sports.yahoo.com)
John ISNER Fulljgetty76051336ms022ve0.th

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

Membre n° : 2

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyJeu 30 Aoû 2007 - 12:34

An Interview with John Isner

US OPEN 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Couple months ago you said you really didn't pay much attention to pro tennis besides Federer. Is that going to help you out?
JOHN ISNER: Well, I don't know. Still, he's the only guy, apart from when my friends are playing on TV, that I enjoy watching.
I don't know if it's going to help me out. I don't know if anything's going to help me out. I don't know. I'm going to have to come up with some sort of game plan against him, but we'll see.

Q. I can't imagine you are aware, but the TV broadcast was sort of bouncing between Federer's match and yours. According to John McEnroe, right when you had set point, Federer looked up at the score and saw that you had won the match, then proceeded to lose his serve. McEnroe's theory was that this somewhat rattles him, the prospect of facing you. Could you respond to that?
JOHN ISNER: I don't know if he gets rattled too much. That was probably just coincidence. It was a freak accident, him losing his serve right there. Definitely don't think him realizing I won a match had anything to do with that.
But, I mean, kind of funny, probably write a little stuff about that. But I don't know. I don't know what to say about that.

Q. Can you go into that match really believing you can win?
JOHN ISNER: I'm going to have to. If I go in that match not believing I'm gonna win, just happy to be out there, you know, he's going to smell that, he's going to smell that blood and just attack.
But I'm going to go out there and just play my game. Most importantly, have a lot of fun. I'm gonna believe. I'm not saying I'm gonna win, but I'm gonna believe. That's what I have to do.

Q. Does this all seem a little surreal to you, I mean what's happened?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I mean, playing my first Grand Slam ever, hearing that I got a wildcard into this event was pretty special. Now knowing that I've won two matches against quality opponents, having my next match against, I believe, the most dominant athlete in the world any sport the chance to play against him on Arthur Ashe, yeah, it's definitely surreal.

Q. At what point did you know, was it after Washington or during Washington, that outside your serve you could stay with the pro guys from the ground?
JOHN ISNER: Uhm, I mean, I've always believed I could. Sometimes I'm playing these guys, I've had a lot of trouble converting on breakpoints. I'll get breakpoints. I'll get a little tentative, get a little tight. Tonight I didn't. I was hitting out on the ball, going for it, but playing smart. I didn't really feel much pressure when I was up breakpoints.
That's what I got to continue doing. You know, my breaks, if I play like I did tonight, I'm going to get some breaks against these guys.

Q. Do you hit out much more in practice than you do during matches? Do you really rip your groundstrokes in practice?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah. I mean, I would say definitely I'm more of a match player than practice player. I couldn't beat our No. 8 guy from the University of Georgia in practice.
I think I, you know, I try new things in practice. Try a lot of things, try to help my game. When I get into a match, real life match, I play a lot better. I'm more relaxed even during a match than I am in practice. I don't know what it is.

Q. Because of your game, you live and die by the tiebreak a lot. Obviously in D.C. that was a big factor, and here tonight. Your tiebreak record is decent but not really that great. It's 11 7. Talk about the tiebreak in your own game, the importance of that.
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I mean, hopefully my next match, I'll get it into a tiebreak, I like my chances if I serve out of my mind in that tiebreaker (smiling). But, yeah, I mean, these guys are so strong in every aspect of their games, the guys I'm competing against now. To get it into a tiebreaker, I've done that a lot, I feel real confident because of my serve. Coach at Georgia always told me get one of two points on my opponent's serve. That's what I really try to focus in on and try to do.

Q. Do you practice tiebreakers more because of your style?
JOHN ISNER: No, I don't go out there and practice like we're going to play tiebreakers. I don't necessarily practice tiebreakers, no.

Q. Does the college world seem a million miles away right now?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, it really does. It's only, what, about three and a half months ago or something that I was still in college, playing in college tennis in Athens. Seems like forever ago. I've done so much since then. Yeah, just seems so long ago.

Q. Do you approach these matches like you don't have anything to lose?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I mean, I really don't have anything to lose. I'm probably the lowest ranked guy in this tournament one of 'em at least. You know, every guy I'm playing against is ranked ahead of me. I'm probably not the favorite going into each of these matches, so there's not that much pressure on me. I believe most of the pressure's on my opponents.
You know, go out there and just swing away and see what happens.

Q. Federer said if he had to play himself he would attack a lot. Do you see yourself changing your game any more when you play him off the ground?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I mean, I'm gonna have to attack, try to get into the net, make the points shorter. I'm not gonna I know I can't hang with him from the baseline. Hopefully hit my groundstrokes well and find the opportunities to get into the net, try to finish off points is what I'm gonna have to do.

Q. You were understandably tired at the end of Legg Mason. I'm wondering how fit or how well rested you feel now. Also the amount of rest between now and Saturday, is that a good amount, too much?
JOHN ISNER: I think it's a great amount. It's two days. Gives me two days. I still got doubles. I think I play doubles tomorrow for sure. Hit the practice courts. Won't hit 'em too hard. Just do everything to get my body ready for Saturday.
I think that's gonna help me a lot. I'm going to be real fresh going out there. I'm definitely gonna enjoy these next two days.

Q. Have you thought about who you might ask for advice or tips on facing Federer?
JOHN ISNER: I don't think you ask anybody's advice against him. Gosh. I mean, I don't know, maybe I'll come up with some sort of game plan. I haven't asked anybody so far.

Q. When you watched him play on television, did you ever imagine yourself playing him?
JOHN ISNER: Never really especially not on I guess maybe going into US Open, I'm thinking I might draw him first round. I never would have imagined playing him in the third round of the US Open. That's what I'm doing Saturday. I don't know what time the match is scheduled. It's gonna be on Arthur Ashe. Playing against him in the third round of a Grand Slam is something I never could have imagined.

Q. How many tickets are you going to ask for?
JOHN ISNER: Oh, gosh. I've already gotten calls from so many friends in North Carolina, teammates from Georgia want to come up. Got to sit down and figure out all this stuff in the next couple days.

Q. Did you have a nickname on the Bulldog team?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah. One was "Grandpa." I'm so slow with everything I do, I don't get much accomplished. Off the tennis court, I just sit around, don't do anything. And "Lloyd," the new one was "Lloyd." I got this awful, awful haircut one time. Remember Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber. You know he had this straight across, it was exactly what my hair was like. Only thing missing was the chipped tooth.

Q. As far as the crowd reaction, have you gotten used to hearing all the barking while you're out there?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, good friends of ours in Athens, Mark Hodge, father of one of my best friends, Bo Hodge, he came up today and did this Bulldog bark. He growls and barks. He did that a couple times tonight, got the crowd going. The crowd responded to that, I think. Pretty neat.

Q. Could you remind us your coaching situation. They hooked you up with somebody with the USTA.
JOHN ISNER: I'm working with Ricardo Acuna with the USTA. I've been solely with him for about a month. Doing great working with him. Obviously planning on continuing to work with him. He's been great to me. Gives me a lot of good advice. Keeps me relaxed, keeps me calm. Something I look forward to working with him in the future.

Q. Do you still talk to your coach from home, too?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I do. Coach Diaz was there tonight. He's here. Called him. He was the first person I called after my match. He's the first person, outside my mother when she's not there, that I call when I play a match, pro match. He's always wanting to hear how I do. It's good to keep in touch with him.

Q. I know you said your dad doesn't like to watch you play, but Federer, Arthur Ashe, he won't be coming?
JOHN ISNER: No, no, no, my dad does. He just doesn't sit in the box. He'll purchase a seat in the nosebleed section.

Q. So he's here?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, he's here. He watches my matches. You won't ever see him. He's somewhere up in the bleachers, yeah.

Q. Would you get nervous if he was sitting close or is it vice versa?
JOHN ISNER: No, I wouldn't get nervous at all. I think it's his thing. He's always kind of done that. Doesn't want to be with all the supporters down there for whatever reason. I guess he just likes to sit by himself and relax and not have my crazy brother screaming in his ear during the match.

Q. The conventional wisdom is that promising players should skip college and get right into this. You seem to be disproving that. Did college tennis prepare you for this?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, without a doubt.

Q. In what way?
JOHN ISNER: If it wasn't for college tennis, no chance I'd be here sitting in this chair right now. I've said this a lot. I got so much stronger in college, physically, mentally. I won a lot in college. I had so much fun in college. I wasn't out here grinding on the Pro Tour at 19. Didn't seem like too much fun to me. That's why I chose to go to college. Gained a lot of confidence from college because I won so much. Just carried that over to the pros. I had great coaching there, especially under Coach Diaz for four years. Was definitely the right choice for me.

Q. What was your best win in the juniors?
JOHN ISNER: I have no clue. I never beat anybody really that good. I wasn't that good as a junior. That's why I chose to go to college. I didn't play much ITFs either. Never traveled outside the United States to play a tournament. I probably beat some players in the top 10 in the country, but that was about it.

Q. Have you contemplated how much this might help recruiting at the University of Georgia?
JOHN ISNER: I've had a lot of people call me about that. It's been good publicity for Georgia. We're already on top of the college tennis world. We won it all. Probably only gonna help Georgia out more, so.

- FastScripts by ASAP Sports -

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2007-08-29/200708291188455401265.html

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyJeu 30 Aoû 2007 - 12:40

Genre le mec c'était une grosse merde chez les juniors et la il perce il creuse même John ISNER 189714

Nan franchment c'est super compréhensible le tennis John ISNER 189714

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptySam 1 Sep 2007 - 14:06

US Open - Isner porte la bannière

John ISNER 3172559608

John Isner va dominer Roger Federer au 3e tour de l'US Open au moment de lui serrer la main. Du haut de ses 2.05m, l'Américain sera au centre de toutes les attentions, samedi sur le court Arthur Ashe. Avec Young, en lice également, Blake, Roddick et Ginepri, il forme le contingent "made in USA".

L'Amérique va encore vibrer. Après la belle fin de soirée offerte par James Blake, vainqueur en cinq sets de Fabrice Santoro, le duel entre Roger Federer et John Isner agrémentera la session de jour de cette sixième journée à laquelle Donald Young participera également un peu plus tôt sur le Louis Armstrong. Si le petit prodige qui a bénéficié du forfait de Richard Gasquet mettra ses 1.75m à l'épreuve du service de Feliciano Lopez, le "petit" dernier de la nouvelle vague américaine, John Isner tentera l'impossible : vaincre le "All-Black suisse" du tennis mondial.

A 22 ans, Isner a fait l'effet d'une comète sur le circuit cet été. A peine sorti de l'université de Géorgie, après plusieurs participations à des tournois Future aux Etats-Unis de 2003 à 2006, ce natif du Caroline du Sud (Greensboro) a crevé l'écran au tournoi de Washington, atteignant la finale en sortant Tommy Haas et Gaël Monfils. Culminant à 2.05m, John se voit désormais capable de rivaliser avec n'importe qui dans la ville aux gratte-ciels. "Avec tout le respect que je lui dois, lance-t-il au sujet de Federer, je ne vais tout de même pas rentrer sur le cours en pensant que je n'ai aucune chance."

yahoo.fr
http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/01092007/70/us-open-isner-porte-la-banniere.html

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyDim 2 Sep 2007 - 13:23

US Open 2007 vs Federer
3ème tour

(sports.yahoo.com)

John ISNER Isner_10 John ISNER Isner_12 John ISNER Isner_11 John ISNER Isner_13

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 30 Juil 2008 - 14:50

TMS Cincinnati 2008 vs Stoppini

(sports.yahoo.com)

John ISNER Capt_956 John ISNER 8988ea10 John ISNER Capt_b49

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 30 Juil 2008 - 15:07

Record pour Isner

Le géant américain John Isner a établi un nouveau record ATP lors du tournoi de Cincinnati.

39 sur 39 ! Tel est l’exploit réalisé par John Isner hier lors du 1er tour du tournoi de Cincinnati. L’Américain a remporté tous ses points derrière sa première balle de service, soit 39 points sur 39, face à l’Italien issu des qualifications, Andrea Stoppini. Un record sur le circuit ATP.

www.sport24.com

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyJeu 31 Juil 2008 - 12:51

TMS Cincinnati 2008 vs I. Andreev

(sports.yahoo.com)

John ISNER A38f0da2ce781bf33869d57gz9.th

N'amande

Moderateur
Moderateur
N'amande

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Eysines

Membre n° : 170

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 18 Mar 2009 - 19:46

Indian Wells - Isner sort Safin

Marat Safin s'est incliné mardi au troisième tour du tournoi d'Indian Wells, battu par John Isner (6-4, 6-4). L'Américain affrontera l'Argentin Juan Martin Del Potro pour une place en quarts.

L'Equipe

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptySam 25 Juil 2009 - 9:09

Isner dernier qualifié

25/07 08h10 - Tennis, ATP, Indianapolis

John Isner est le dernier qualifié pour les demi-finales du tournoi d’Indianapolis après sa victoire aux dépens de Wayne Odesnik.

Les Etats-Unis en force ! A Indianapolis, il y aura ainsi trois Américains en demi-finales. Après Querrey et Ginepri, c’est John Isner qui a validé son ticket en dominant son compatriote Wayne Odesnik (7/5 6/7 7/5). Il affrontera Ginepri pour une place en finale.

www.sport24.com

Bibouille

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
Bibouille

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Belmesnil

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 11 Aoû 2009 - 18:47

M1000-Canada > Isner n'a pas traîné

Par Florian Toumit, mardi 11 août 2009 à 20:08

John Isner s'est qualifié pour le deuxième tour du Masters 1000 de Montréal. L'Américain, auteur de dix aces, s'est imposé en deux sets et 1h10 contre le qualifié Jesse Levine, 6-3, 6-4. Le demi-finaliste de Washington sera opposé à Mikhail Youznhy pour une place au troisième tour.

Source

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 19 Aoû 2009 - 8:28

Cincinnati : Isner pour Chardy

Rédaction Sport365
mercredi 19 août 2009 - 08h19

L'Américain John Isner, qui bénéficie d'une wild-card, est le dernier à s'être qualifié pour le deuxième tour du Masters 1000 de Cincinnati. Il a créé une petite surprise en sortant l'Allemand Tommy Haas en trois sets : 7-6, 5-7, 7-6. Isner affrontera le Français Jérémy Chardy au tour suivant. Dans l'autre match de la night-session, David Ferrer s'est qualifié pour les huitièmes de finale en éliminant le Croate Marin Cilic, tête de série n°14, 7-6, 6-2.

www.sport365.fr

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMer 19 Aoû 2009 - 15:55

M1000-Cincinnati > Isner s'estime "chanceux"

Par Florian Toumit, mercredi 19 août 2009 à 14:59

John Isner n'a pas été malheureux dans son match du premier tour joué contre Tommy Haas. L'Américain s'est imposé 7-6(5) 5-7 7-6(3), servant notamment 23 aces. "Je n'avais pas beaucoup d'énergie. Je ne me sentais pas très bien. Heureusement, j'ai bien servi et j'ai bien joué les points importants. J'ai été vraiment chanceux de m'en sortir. J'aurais besoin de bien me reposer avant mon prochain match." Isner jouera ce soir, en troisième match sur le court 3, contre Jérémy Chardy pour une place en huitièmes de finale.

www.welovetennis.fr

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 1 Sep 2009 - 10:46

US Open > Isner, dix fois rien

Par Florian Toumit, mardi 01 septembre 2009 à 12:19

John Isner a vécu une deuxième manche pas banale dans son match du premier tour à l'US Open contre Victor Hanescu, tête de série numéro 28, gagné, 6-1, 7-6(14), 7-6(5). L'Américain a sauvé dix balles de set dans le deuxième acte. Toutes au jeu décisif, finalement glané 16 points à 14. Le 55ème joueur mondial a raconté cette épique fin de set, où il estime avoir joué comme il le fallait. "En fait je ne voulais pas aller jusqu'au jeu décisif. J'ai mené 3 jeux à 1. Au tie-break, j'ai été mené 5-2, puis 6-3. J'ai bien servi pour faire 6-4, et j'ai joué un très bon point pour revenir à 6-5. J'ai su recoller. Il a eu cinq balles de set sur son service, et sur chacune, j'ai très très bien joué."

www.welovetennis.fr

NenYa

Moderateur
Moderateur
NenYa

• Profil •

Russie
Féminin Localisation : MC Bay

Membre n° : 4

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 1 Sep 2009 - 12:31

US Open 2009
conférence de presse - 1er tour

crédits: usopen.org

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2009-08-31/200908311251756910843.html

NenYa

Moderateur
Moderateur
NenYa

• Profil •

Russie

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 1 Sep 2009 - 12:47

An interview with John Isner

J. ISNER/V. Hanescu 6 1, 7 6, 7 6

Q. How did you get back to fitness, full fitness, so quickly after having mononucleosis?
JOHN ISNER: That was a process, really. You know, I missed the whole European swing. It might have been a blessing in disguise. I felt fresh ever since I started playing in the States. But definitely my first tournament back, I think it was Indianapolis, I wasn't 100% physically as far as, you know, fatigue wise.
I think it's gotten little better by better ever so slowly. Actually had a scare in the tournament in Cincinnati. I thought it might come back. I just felt horrible. Fortunately it didn't.
I took a good three days off before this tournament because I knew I needed the rest, and that's what my body was telling me to do. So I felt good.

Q. When you talk about having a scare, was it just that you felt exhausted, or what, for you, are the symptoms?
JOHN ISNER: I think more exhausted. It was my fifth I played five straight tournaments. I wasn't planning on playing Montreal, but actually got into that tournament because I did really well in DC. So that kind of threw a wrench in our plans.
I went there and played two matches, did pretty well there and never really had time off, never played five tournaments in a row. I kind of felt the effects my second match in Cincinnati.

Q. And you were playing doubles.
JOHN ISNER: Yeah.

Q. Why play doubles when you're already trying to conserve your energy?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I don't know. It's just I like to play doubles. I like to play with my partner, Sam. We have a lot of fun, and there is absolutely no pressure. If I go out there don't make a ball, he'll just laugh it off. That didn't put too much stress on me.

Q. You were diagnosed in May, but when do you think it really began?
JOHN ISNER: Probably around I was playing a challenger in Georgia, I guess it was God, it's hot in here early May. It was hot and humid, and I just played I was in the quarterfinals and I literally played two games and I was just done. Thought it might have been the heat.
Then I came back. I remember I had seven days before I was going over to Paris, and I tried practicing through it. And the weekend hit and I just felt really, really sick. I got checked out, and sure enough, I had mono.

Q. How serious do you think it was knowing what happened to Mario Ancic and what Federer went through?
JOHN ISNER: Um, you know, I guess they were able to tell that it wasn't a real it was acute. I guess that's what they said. So it hadn't been in my system for that long. Kind of just came up.
As long as I did the right things, you know, they said I would be able to recover fully. I did. I went back home to North Carolina and I ate really healthy. My mom spoiled me, and that, I think that helped a lot. I kind of just rested up and ate really healthy and kind of took it easy.

Q. I seemed midway through your second set you sort of mistimed your forehand a little bit more. Was that a reaction to the way Hanescu was scrambling, or was it more of a technical issue?
JOHN ISNER: I don't know. I started off so well. The first set and a half, that was as well as I've played in a long time. He was able to get a break back in the second and kind of leveled the match.
I think he felt more comfortable after that point, as well. I felt like, you know, he might have played I felt like he played pretty well, and he was scrambling and making a lot of balls. Doesn't look like he's that fast out there, but he gets to a lot of balls. He was making me hit a lot of extra shots, and unfortunately, I started missing a few.

Q. How do you feel going into the next match with a day's rest?
JOHN ISNER: Yeah, I'll be fine. I feel like I could go tomorrow if I had to. So tomorrow's day of rest it will be perfect. I'll hit lightly and get a massage and be easy. It will be nice.

Q. Talk about the tiebreak a little bit, fighting off ten set points in the second set.
JOHN ISNER: Is that what it was? Jesus. Yeah, that was I started off a little bit slow. Obviously I didn't really want to go to a tiebreaker. I had a 3 1 lead or whatnot in the second set. I think I was down 5 2 and he was serving, so he had two serves at 5 2 and 6 3. I played two good service points at 6 3, and 6 4, and played a really good point at 6 5, so I leveled it up. I think he had maybe five on his serve, and each one of his points I played really, really well.
I just told myself if I could just get one advantage I might be able to take it. That's what happened.

Q. It seems like a lot of your big results this summer have come as you now move into your third full year on tour as a professional. Is that just becoming more accustomed to life on tour or something you've been working on specifically?
JOHN ISNER: No, I think it is. Last year was a learning experience for me. I shot up in the rankings really high when I first came out. I was kind of ahead of my learning curve really. Although I had a nice ranking, my game wasn't where it should be then.
Last year I took a lot of losses, a lot of bumps and bruises. I think, you know, your second time around, like my second full year around I knew it was going to be a little bit easier. So I'm playing better and I'm more comfortable at each and every event.

Q. Considering what you just said, do you feel there is more and more pressure on young U.S. tennis players right now?
JOHN ISNER: No, I think last year coming to this tournament I wasn't really playing that well, didn't really win too many matches prior to this tournament, and then I kind of felt a lot of pressure. It was kind of the last hardcourt tournament over in the States, so I wanted to do really well.
I told myself this year even if I do go out and lose first round I still had a good summer and improved my ranking. Didn't feel much pressure out there at all.

Q. I say that because, before the U.S. used to be the eminent country on the tour. It's not the case anymore. How do you deal with that?
JOHN ISNER: I don't know. I don't really think too much about it. I mean, if I if I don't succeed, I mean, who cares really? It's not that big of a I try not to stress about it.
We still have some obviously Andy is up there, and I know James will get back up there. He's been struggling with injuries, and Sam's playing really well.
I'm kind of right behind those guys, so hopefully I can, you know, get into the top 50, which I think is coming up. Then once I get there, go from there.
So I want to be a big name, you know, in tennis, not just American tennis. So I want my name to be thrown out there at the other events, not just the ones that are in the States.

Q. But you don't feel people here are expecting too much from you?
JOHN ISNER: No, I don't feel like that. Maybe last year they were. I might have felt a little pressure, but I mean I don't know. I don't feel pressure like that at all, really.

Q. To answer who cares, I imagine the USTA must care. If you don't have Americans doing well, that would affect economics, prize money, television rights, things like that.
JOHN ISNER: It's not who cares. It's just I don't really stress too much about it. I think that's kind of a good mentality to have. If I do well, great. If I don't, it's not the end of the world, either.
So obviously, yeah, I think the better, you know, American players do it's going to help us a lot with sponsorships and stuff like that. But I just try not to stress about stuff like that.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Romain

Numéro 2 mondial
Numéro 2 mondial
Romain

• Profil •

France
Masculin Localisation : Désertines

Membre n° : 135

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyDim 6 Sep 2009 - 10:04

US Open 2009 - Troisième tour vs Andy Roddick

(sports.yahoo.com)

John ISNER Capted2b79f336544ee786c.th John ISNER Capt37d3cfd53f6c4fb3a87.th John ISNER Da0aec0af08684d6cb97048.th John ISNER 0cfd71a787e9c5906416dab.th John ISNER 1af0955800ad62158c91852.th John ISNER Captb747c1970fe842b1bc5.th John ISNER C1fdfc71ec00f56e1f45452.th John ISNER 785f20345d55f2a92e90949.th John ISNER B0d139ada5d7f5c29e15ca9.th John ISNER Cd3840261357bffa5c6e284.th John ISNER 07702d6113f738530f93107.th John ISNER Captb3243dc872a745728f2.th John ISNER Captbb296de944774fba86ab.th John ISNER Capt632e76ac96a344f2aa4.th

*Caro*

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
*Caro*

• Profil •

Canada
Féminin Localisation : Montréal (Québec)

Membre n° : 244

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 8 Sep 2009 - 1:04

Le géant tombe

Mise à jour le lundi 7 septembre 2009 à 19 h 36

Fernando Verdasco (no 10) a indiqué la sortie au géant américain John Isner, 55e mondial, en quatre manches de 4-6, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.

L'Espagnol rencontrera en quarts de finale le gagnant du duel prévu lundi soir entre le Serbe Novak Djokovic (no 4) et le Tchèque Radek Stepanek (no 15).

SOURCE

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 8 Sep 2009 - 9:33

US Open > Isner déçu

Par Florian Toumit, mardi 08 septembre 2009 à 11:23

Défait 4-6, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 par Fernando Verdasco en huitièmes de finale de l'US Open, John Isner était déçu que son aventure s'arrête. Vainqueur d'Andy Roddick au tour précédent, le dernier Américain en lice nourrissait d'autres ambitions pour le tournoi. "Je suis un peu déçu. Je voulais aller plus loin. J'ai bien joué, mais j'aurais peut-être pu jouer un peu mieux. J'ai été dépassé aujourd'hui. Je m'en fou à quel tour je perds, c'est décevant à moins de gagner le tournoi. C'était un bon tournoi. Je peux me servir de ça pour le reste de l'année."

L'Espagnol a axé sa victoire sur son service et son coup droit, ses armes principales. "Il a vraiment bien relancé. Il m'a fait beaucoup joué. Il a servi 75% de premières balles et par dessous tout il est gaucher. Il tourne autour de son revers pour jouer en coup droit, il est difficile à jouer. Il ne m'a pas laissé d'opportunités."

www.welovetennis.fr

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 8 Sep 2009 - 10:11

US Open 2009 - Huitième de finale vs Verdasco

(www.jamd.com)

John ISNER 90428264z.th John ISNER 90428267.th John ISNER 90428262h.th John ISNER 90428260.th

NenYa

Moderateur
Moderateur
NenYa

• Profil •

Russie

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyMar 8 Sep 2009 - 15:09

US Open > Isner déçu

Par Florian Toumit, mardi 08 septembre 2009 à 11:23

Défait 4-6, 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 par Fernando Verdasco en huitièmes de finale de l'US Open, John Isner était déçu que son aventure s'arrête. Vainqueur d'Andy Roddick au tour précédent, le dernier Américain en lice nourrissait d'autres ambitions pour le tournoi.

"Je suis un peu déçu. Je voulais aller plus loin. J'ai bien joué, mais j'aurais peut-être pu jouer un peu mieux. J'ai été dépassé aujourd'hui. Je m'en fou à quel tour je perds, c'est décevant à moins de gagner le tournoi. C'était un bon tournoi. Je peux me servir de ça pour le reste de l'année."

L'Espagnol a axé sa victoire sur son service et son coup droit, ses armes principales. "Il a vraiment bien relancé. Il m'a fait beaucoup joué. Il a servi 75% de premières balles et par dessous tout il est gaucher. Il tourne autour de son revers pour jouer en coup droit, il est difficile à jouer. Il ne m'a pas laissé d'opportunités."

www.welovetennis.fr

Romain

Numéro 2 mondial
Numéro 2 mondial
Romain

• Profil •

France
Masculin Localisation : Désertines

Membre n° : 135

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER EmptyLun 5 Oct 2009 - 11:23

Tokyo 2009 vs Stanislas Wawrinka
(sports.yahoo.com)

John ISNER 95ceeb0d50fbfeaf5dcd3bc.th John ISNER 3f77166a8a2e45a787f97ff.th John ISNER 1ba3c5b25e084641a7f5441.th John ISNER Cac704540c3b6c2331de2fd.th John ISNER 5f8e655277206adae5dbfe3.th John ISNER 3209f58d01ab5fac7217606.th John ISNER 51da7e423cd9247d09f8fe4.th John ISNER 379bef7f516bfd25102c5b7.th John ISNER 26e8dcc93187144bdb1a59a.th John ISNER Ba65ee8b04ec8aec7f97c96.th John ISNER 9eda72ba526043ee7c5a22c.th John ISNER 75a4e0a96f5ca2e5d51b41b.th John ISNER 424bcf9aa730c93d511227f.th John ISNER 7775c31e519fef1d52ad1ae.th

Contenu sponsorisé

• Profil •

John ISNER Vide
MessageSujet: Re: John ISNER   John ISNER Empty

John ISNER

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 7 Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant