RAFAEL NADAL FORUM

Un forum complet dédié au numéro 2 mondial Rafael Nadal ainsi qu'à tous les autres joueurs du circuit ATP.
Pour tous les amoureux et passionnés de tennis.

Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

Wimbledon 2011

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant
Auteur Message

Snowdon

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
Snowdon

• Profil •

Italie
Féminin Localisation : Ivry-sur-Seine

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyLun 20 Juin 2011 - 16:58

Nadal able to survive hairy moments

Monday, 20 June 2011 by Kate Battersby

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 B_01_nadal_16_aeltc_m_hangst

Was it that Rafael Nadal's hair seemed marginally shorter today than when he swept to his sixth French Open title earlier this month? As the Spaniard embarked upon the defence of his Wimbledon title on the Centre Court this afternoon, for a while in the opening set he seemed to experience a Samson-like game or two.

Michael Russell, ranked 91 and at the venerable age of 33 the oldest American on the Tour, had nothing to lose and was gamely going for his shots. Nadal, meanwhile, was still occupied making friends again with the lush surface, and somehow found himself on the wrong end of a 2-4 scoreline.

But a definitive pronouncement on the crucial matter of the Spaniard's hair was difficult to reach - and on the eventual evidence, Samsonian judgments were proven a tad premature. From 2-4 down, he permitted Russell a mere four further games.

The American - who is so dedicated to fitness that in some quarters he is known as Iron Mike - could not claim to be short on experience. Not only is this his fifth Wimbledon, but his career day in the sun came fully a decade ago at Roland Garros when he held match point for a straight sets win over then defending champion Gustavo Kuerten. But on that day, the crucial point eluded him and he lost in five. Today, any grandiose ideas of reaching the brink of victory against another clay court master were soon dispatched as trash fiction

Nadal and his old friend, the grass surface, got to know one another again in no time, and he produced almost three times as many outright winners as he did errors. At that rate Russell would have needed to do something really outrageous, like daring to move Nadal's water bottles out of their careful alignment, to have had any chance of ruffling his opponent.

Such underhand tactics are of course not the thing at all, and so Russell's first round fate was sealed. Nadal won 6-4 6-2 6-2, watched by his parents Sebastian and Ana Maria from the Royal Box. Even a correct challenge from Russell to overturn Nadal's apparent match-winning point delayed the inevitable for the shortest possible time. After all, as others have observed, Nadal is a man who plays every point as if it is match point.

So no shame for Russell. Nadal, now 25, has not lost on the lawns of SW19 in four years, although as he missed the 2009 Championships with a knee injury, this is the first time he has attempted to defend his crown. And he is clearly taking matters one step at a time. Quizzed about the talk here that the four top men's seeds are closely matched, he was asked who he sees as his biggest opponent.

"Sweeting, now," replied Nadal without hesitation, in a reference to Ryan Sweeting, who he will play in Wednesday's second round. "He's a good player. I've seen him winning matches, and he's better and better every time. So let's talk about today, or tomorrow, not about ten or 12 days' time, when I don't know if I'll be here or fishing in Majorca."

Just the right attitude, of course. But not many at the All England Club expect Nadal to be putting his feet up at home for a couple of weekends yet.

Source
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Snowdon

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
Snowdon

• Profil •

Italie

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyLun 20 Juin 2011 - 17:41

Rafael Nadal - pre-tournament

Sunday, 19 June 2011

THE MODERATOR: I'm delighted to introduce our reigning men's champion, Rafael Nadal.

Q. When you look at the top four seeds here, knowing how comfortable you all are on grass, how strong would you say those four players you, Roger, Andy and Novak are right now?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think we are playing well. I think Novak had a fantastic season. The first six months was really unbelievable. Roger, I think, had a very good season, and especially at this last tournament in Roland Garros played fantastic, in my opinion.

And Andy, too, no? Andy, he had a very good start in Australia; after he have one month little bit probably tough for him, because after losing the final of Australia was a tough moments for him maybe. But he had a fantastic clay court season, and he arrive to Queen's and he won the tournament, so...

Well, I did very well the first six months. I lost a few finals, but I was in all the finals. I won three, and I won Roland Garros a few weeks ago. Was a very important title for me. And I'm here. Forget about the past.

Just looking about this tournament. Going to be always a big challenge. But I love to play on grass. I love to play in this fabulous place. So I am excited to be back here.

Q. I was wondering, Andy Murray said today that he took inspiration from a conversation he had with Jose Mourinho last year. I was wondering which sportsmen you might have had conversations with in the past who have given you inspiration, a fellow Spaniard, maybe someone from a different sport?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I never had idols. I love the sport in general. For me the sport in general is the inspiration. Because watch the sport from the TV or live is something special for me. I love to do it.

When you see some emotional moments on the TV in different events around the world, tough situations, that's inspiration, no? And just have the chance to live one of these moments in my sport, on tennis, that's something really, really excited for me, no?

So my inspiration is every day. For me I love to play big matches. I love to play in big stadiums like here, historic stadiums like Wimbledon. So for me, tomorrow I start playing the first match of the tournament in the Centre Court; for me is a dream.

Seriously, that's my inspiration, trying to live these moments.

Q. Have you been inspired by Rory McIlroy?
RAFAEL NADAL: For sure, what he's doing is really something unbelievable. I met him in New York last year. Well, I love golf. I follow almost every week the tour. Seriously, I love watching Rory, no?

He's probably one of the nicest swing in the world, if not the nicest. Seriously, is fantastic watch him what he's doing in this tournament. Always I will be supporting him this afternoon, because I think he deserves the title. He's playing better than other one.

He had a very tough fourth round of Augusta this year, and he deserves to win a major because, in my opinion, right now he's playing at a different level than the rest. So for sure is an inspiration. I admire him a lot.

Q. You said a few moments ago you love to play on grass.
RAFAEL NADAL: Uh huh.

Q. Why? What do you enjoy about playing on grass, and was it that way for you from the beginning or did it come eventually?
RAFAEL NADAL: I always liked. I said one thousand times that my dream always was play well here in Wimbledon. That's true. In the beginning of my career everybody talked a lot that with my style of game gonna be always very difficult to play very well here.

But I worked a lot and I put all my best in every practice. I did my best since the start of my career to play well here, playing the week after Roland Garros, coming here one week before, having the right preparation as much as I can to be ready for this tournament.

And the grass, the only problem of grass sometimes, is if you play against a big, big server, because the game is too fast and is not nice to play, no, because you feel that for a lot of games you don't touch the ball, no?

But if you play against a normal player, a good serve that you can return the ball, in my opinion, the game from the baseline is fantastic to watch and is fantastic to play because you can slice, you can go to the net, you can play aggressive.

If you play too defensive is impossible to play here. But you have different options to do. I love to do that.

Q. How comfortable are you approaching the net on grass, and have you tried to incorporate that more and more in your game?
RAFAEL NADAL: Always is the same: If you are playing well and if you have the confidence to hit the good shots, you gonna be closer to the net and you gonna have more chances to go to the net and to finish the points there. That's true.

On grass, the surface helps you to go a little bit more to the net. That's something that is not a problem for me. I don't have the volley of Roger, for sure. But I think I'm fast and my movements are enough good to go to the net. Seriously, with no any ball, but go to the net with a good ball, I think I have enough experience and I have enough good volley to do it.

Q. What were your thoughts when you heard there would be a rematch of the Isner match, and what do you remember about last year's Isner Mahut match?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, sorry for them (smiling). No lucky first draw, no? Because both players have a very good potential to play very well on this surface: big serve, good with the serve, good movements, good volley both of them. So is tough, because one of them gonna be out the first day.

Last year was a fantastic match. Probably what the match means for everybody was fantastic to watch, but tough; was too many aces. But the attitude and the example what they show the rest of the tour and they show the kids was, in my opinion, fantastic with the right attitude all the time, fighting all the time, spending 11 hours on court.

That's something almost impossible to repeat. So was one of these matches that gonna be in the memory of this sport forever. So that's something special for both of them. The only thing that I can do is congratulate them for what they did last year, and good luck for both of them this year.

Q. How excited are you with the Olympics coming to London next year, basically two Wimbledon tournaments next year? How much of a goal will that be for you in 2012?
RAFAEL NADAL: Olympics are a very special event. The experience that you can live on the villa, and, you know, live these moments with the rest of the sports people, that then is something special, no?

And for me be there in Beijing 2008, enjoy these two weeks on the villa with the rest of the sportsmen around the world, but especially from Spain, was unforgettable for me. Be in the ceremony of the first day is something that you don't know if you gonna have the chance to repeat in your life. I enjoyed a lot this experience.

The Olympic spirit is very special for these sports that they don't have the same luck than us. We have a tour. We have a lot of people working for our tour and having everything. That's true.

You watch a lot of sports, a lot of sportsmen, they try they best, they practice as hard as they can for four years specially for that event. I know all the categories have World Cup, everything, but the Olympics are the more important thing.

Probably that's a lot of pressure for them, and sometimes they don't have enough facilities to keep working for the next four years. So is something for me very difficult to explain in English, but I have a really strong idea about that.

Q. You're looking forward to coming back to Wimbledon twice in a year?
RAFAEL NADAL: For sure, yes. I hope so, if I qualify (smiling). If not, wild card (laughter).

Q. Can you tell us what you've been doing since Queen's?
RAFAEL NADAL: I've played fantastic rounds of golf. (Laughter.) Best two weeks of my life in Mallorca, yeah. I went out for one day for party with the friends. I stay with the family. I spend the weekend with friends, family, relaxing a little bit. That was something I needed.

I didn't spend the weekend at home since the Davis Cup of Belgium in February, so I needed. I enjoy a lot. Monday I started to practice. Tuesday, too. Wednesday I was here practicing in afternoon. So that's all.

And here these days was hard because...

Q. You've won four of the last five major events, and now you're closing in very quickly on Roger's 16 major events.
RAFAEL NADAL: No. Very far.

Q. Sorry?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am not close than the 16 of Roger's; 16 is a lot. What do you think (smiling)?

Q. It could be three or four by the end of the year if you win here and the US Open.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. I don't know. We can dream about a lot of things. That's dream a lot. For me is a dream. Maybe not for you. You watch that in a different perspective of mine. I saw that very, very far, how tough, how competitive is this sport.

Last year was, in my opinion, very impossible to repeat: three Grand Slams in a row. So this year I am very happy about what's going on the season. But repeat what I did last year is something that I for sure don't think.

Q. Do you think turning 25 you're still improving as a player? Are you getting better all the time?
RAFAEL NADAL: I try. I don't know.

Q. Do you think you're a better player now than you were at 22, 23?
RAFAEL NADAL: In 2008 I play very well, too. I don't know, no? I think I try my best every day to keep improving my tennis. I wake up every day in order to practice with the illusion to be better player than day before.

But be better player doesn't mean that you going to win more. Because win or lose depends of different facts and small things. So I think I'm more complete player than few years ago, I am sure on that.

I don't know if I will win more than few years ago because I told you before, win or lose depends on how mentally you played the decisive moments, depends on a lot of things, so...

I am sure that I am a better player.

Q. Can you describe what you think the pressure is on Andy Murray here at Wimbledon in his home country.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the pressure is tough, but at the same time, the support is high. So I prefer have this pressure than don't have this pressure. That's what I can answer this question, no?

That's true, play at home one Grand Slam is something special. Lot of people talking about his victory or he can win. Is true. But at the end of the day, in my case I don't know for him but I can talk about my experience. I don't read a lot about the newspapers talk about me or about the television says about me. I try to be focused about myself.

For sure is very special play at home. But when you go on court and see all the crowd supporting you is something very, very emotional and very special. I would love to have this feeling.

Source

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Paris

Membre n° : 1

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMar 21 Juin 2011 - 8:26

Merci beaucoup pour tous ces articles les filles. Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 308723

Continuez comme ca. cheers

Il a très bien entamé son parcours. :smiling:

Snowdon

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
Snowdon

• Profil •

Italie

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMar 21 Juin 2011 - 10:47

R. Nadal - first round
R. Nadal bt M. Russell 6 4, 6 2, 6 2

Monday, 20 June 2011

Q. You never got to defend your first Wimbledon title. You finally got that moment of walking out first on Centre Court as defending champion. How did it feel?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, fantastic. Seriously, I never played in a court like this. Was a big emotion be the first player to play in this fabulous court. So seriously was a very, very exciting feeling.

Fantastic how see the court in the really, really perfect conditions. So, yes, very, very happy for everything.

Q. Your final in 2008 against Federer is remembered as one of the greatest games ever. But this year there's a lot of talk about the top four seeds all being very equal, Murray, Djokovic and Federer. Who do you see as your biggest opponent?
RAFAEL NADAL: My biggest opponent is Sweeting now. I am focused on my part of the draw. I'm focused on myself. To play against Andy or Djokovic or Federer only can be in the final, against Andy in the semi-finals.

So remain a lot for that. So let's talk about today. Let's talk about tomorrow. Not let's talk about in 10 days or 12 days, because I don't know if I am here or I am fishing in Mallorca. You never know what's going on in a tournament like this.

So happy about the victory in the first round. Especially happy how I played in the second and the third set.

Q. You responded to his breaking your serve in the first set very vigorously. Were you surprised that he took that game?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think he started playing very well, I think aggressive, having good returns. I started, in my opinion, trying to play too fast in the beginning probably. I had few mistakes with the backhand, with the forehand. So he had the break.

But after that I started to change a little bit more the rhythm with the slice, trying to play a little bit longer points, try to hit the forehand when I had the chance. I think I did well after that first moment of the first set.

My level in general I think was very positive, no?

Q. What opportunity did you have yesterday to watch the U.S. Open golf, and have you had any communications with Rory since he won?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I for sure text him a message. You know how when you win a tournament like this how many messages you have on the phone.

Anyway, he did amazing. He played solid yesterday, doing what he had to do all the time, no mistakes. So mentally, we talk about the level of the golf, well, only Tiger a few times. Saw one player play like this.

Was perfect, in my opinion, round of golf, every day, yesterday. Because after the nine holes, he played solid all the time with no mistakes. Is tough when you have to be solid and you don't have to do mistakes.

When you have to play aggressive, you know what you have to do is probably sometimes easier, but when you have to defend the advantage, you start to play a little bit more defensive. Sometimes can be dangerous. And he did perfect. He managed the moments perfect, in my opinion.

Q. He said he's going to be here next Monday. What are your thoughts on him being here and being in the Royal Box?
RAFAEL NADAL: Hopefully have the chance to congratulate him in person.

Q. In the last eight years you're the only player to win Queen's and then go on and win Wimbledon. How important do you think it is to get a win on grass before you come here, or is it not that important?
RAFAEL NADAL: For sure is important. I did in 2008. I won in Queen's and after I won here in Wimbledon. But I heard before that was a long time without a player. How many years?

Q. 2002, Lleyton Hewitt.
RAFAEL NADAL: Oh, 2002 Lleyton Hewitt did it. I thought it was more.

No, for sure I prefer to win a tournament before I start Wimbledon than don't win a tournament. If not, is stupid say another thing.

Different tournaments. But for sure if you win in Queen's, you have chance to win here for sure, little bit more because the confidence, because everything.

Q. How nice was it for you to see your mother and father sitting in the Royal Box in the front row?
RAFAEL NADAL: Too many beautiful things to saw my mom and my dad in the Royal Box. For sure can just say thanks to Wimbledon, to the people who organize this fantastic tournament to invite my mother and father to the Royal Box. I think for them was a great experience. So, yeah, everything in general was very, very nice today.

Q. You have two free nights before your next match. Will you stay in your apartment, or do you think you'll go out in London?
RAFAEL NADAL: Two free nights?

Q. Two nights before your next match.
RAFAEL NADAL: Like always. Always is the same. Is a Grand Slam. Always you have two nights before your next match, no?

Q. But will you stay in your apartment or go out?
RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't have time to plan what I gonna do. I don't know. I will talk with my team. If they want to go out not for a party, if they want to go out for the dinner in London or they want to stay at home, for me doesn't matter. Everything is fine for me.

Q. What are your thoughts on your next opponent? You mentioned that's the only match you're thinking about now.
RAFAEL NADAL: I played against him two times this year, one time in Australia, one time in Indian Wells. He had a fantastic comeback today, so probably he arrives to the match with good confidence.

I think he's a good player, no? I saw him winning matches around the tournaments. He's playing better and better every time.

We will see. I have to play my tennis. I have to play aggressive like every day. That hopefully will be enough. If not, congratulate the opponent.

Source

Cyrielle

Moderateur
Moderateur
Cyrielle

• Profil •

France
Féminin Localisation : Metz

Membre n° : 13

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMer 22 Juin 2011 - 18:42

Nadal tient à son bien

Tennis - Wimbledon (H)

Solide, Rafael Nadal s'impose (6-3, 6-2, 6-4) contre Ryan Sweeting. Au troisième tour, il affrontera Gilles Muller.

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 Nadal-en-patron
Rafael Nadal remporte son deuxième match en trois sets.(REUT)

«Quand je gagne ce tournoi, j'ai moins de pression pour le reste de la saison.» Juste après son titre à Roland-Garros, Rafael Nadal a prévenu. Le trophée des Mousquetaires lui enlève un gros poids. A Wimbledon, le Majorquin apparaît beaucoup plus serein. En deux tours, il a perdu quatorze jeux. Pour son deuxième match, le tarif affiche (6-3, 6-2, 6-4 en 1h37') pour Ryan Sweeting. Mais l'Américain a choisi de monter l'Everest en tongs en restant au fond de court lors des deux premiers sets. Résultat : trois breaks et aucune occasion.

Le numéro 1 mondial déroule avec ses décalages de coup droit, ses variations au service (70% de premières balles, 9 aces) et son slice de revers. Il ne rate rien (7 fautes directes au total, une seule dans le 2e set), balade son adversaire (38 points gagnants) et le pousse à forcer. En danger en permanence, le 69e mondial multiplie les erreurs (10 doubles fautes, 25 fautes directes) et ne trouve pas de failles. Alors Ryan Sweeting décide de venir au filet (13 points sur 24 montées, 10/17 au troisième set) pour casser le rythme infernal de l'Espagnol. Surpris, le tenant du titre perd son service à 6-3, 6-2, 2-1.

Mais Rafael Nadal trouve vite la réplique. Il accélère, met plus d'intensité dans ses frappes et n'hésite à venir poser quelques volées (22 points sur 27 montées) à l'image de la balle de match. Les doutes de Roland-Garros sont loin. Il enlève son tee-shirt sous les cris des Anglaises. Il rit de bon coeur et attend serein Gilles Müller qui a bénéficié de l'abandon à (3-2) de Milos Raonic, blessé à la cuisse sur une chute. Il a retrouvé sa confiance et garde son énergie avec des victoires expéditives. Le tenant du titre tient bien à son bien et enregistre sa 16e victoire d'affilée à Wimbledon. - S.D.

Source

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Alsace

Membre n° : 396

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyVen 24 Juin 2011 - 10:15

Nadal sert comme un chef !

24 juin 2011 à 11h30

Par Julien HERNANDEZ

Pendant Wimbledon, tous les soirs Rafael Nadal a un nouveau défi : c'est lui qui prépare le repas pour tout son clan.

Habitué à réduire en bouillie ses adversaires sur les courts, Rafael Nadal s’est trouvé une occupation pour mettre un peu de piment dans son tournoi de Wimbledon et faire plaisir à sa copine ainsi qu'à toute sa famille.

"Je cuisine tous les soirs pour moi et mon équipe, sauf pour Toni (son oncle et entraîneur) qui est au régime. Je fais des choses très simples, des pâtes essentiellement" a déclaré Nadal. Pour le Majorquain, la cuisine c’est comme le tennis, il faut être efficace et ne pas perdre de temps !

Pour le dessert, ce sera un Federer en finale, comme d’habitude ?

www.lesdessousdusport.fr

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyVen 24 Juin 2011 - 10:23

R. Nadal - second round

R. Nadal bt R. Sweeting 6-3, 6-2, 6-4

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Q. You must be very pleased with how you played today.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I think I was playing well. I was playing well the first two sets, and especially the beginning of the third. I think I was playing aggressive and with good feelings. But 2 1, 40 Love, I had a few mistakes. And, yeah, he break me back. And after the match was tougher and closer then.

Q. Was that because he started playing better or do you think your level dropped a little bit?

RAFAEL NADAL: I had a few mistakes. Two volleys at that game. So I felt playing very well in that situation, serving much better than the beginning.

No, after that game he started to play more aggressive. He had very good points, very good shots, was dangerous match for me.

In general, I think I did good.

Q. Did you feel any difference in the conditions, playing under the roof?

RAFAEL NADAL: More humid conditions inside. And I don't know if for this change because the atmosphere inside the court with the roof is more humid or because was raining before the match or something.

But seems like the court is a little more slippery than usual, the left part of the opponent's place of the royal box.

Q. In Paris you got to renew your rivalry with Roger in a final for the first time in a while. What else is going on this year is it seems some people think there's another rivalry emerging for you with Novak Djokovic who defeated you four times this year. Do you think this rivalry thing is something that players think about or something that just journalists think about?

RAFAEL NADAL: I cannot talk for the rest of the players. I can talk for myself.

You know, I always say the same: that you feel the rivalry at the end of the season. We will see who gonna be my rival or with which rivals I gonna compete to finish No. 5, No. 6 of the world, or No. 1 or No. 2.

Depends how I played during the season. In September I can tell you who is my rival at that moment. Today my rival is every day my opponent and myself, too, because I have to do well in every tournament in every match. To play against Novak, I only can play against him in a final.

Is true I played already four finals with him this year. But Roger was there all the time, semi-finals. And finally he played a final of Roland Garros, beating Novak in semi-finals.

I understand you have to write, you have to create histories. That's part of your job. But, you know, we will see, no? With Roger, we had a big rivalry probably because we played against each other in finals of Grand Slams, in finals of important matches for both of us, for a lot of years.

With Novak is happening the same. We talked about Novak this year, but Novak for the last four years stays at the No. 3 of the world. He wasn't No. 25. He was there inside this rivalry, no?

And when everybody talk about the rivalry of Roger and me, Novak was there. I consider Novak like a rival. Andy Murray, too.

The thing is not always between two. I think is a lot of players there, and especially the top four had great years the last few ones. Between Andy, Novak, Roger and me, we played probably the biggest matches the last couple of years.

Q. The difference with Roger, though, was that you were deemed to be in the ascendancy. If you look on the Wimbledon website today, the most popular story is you being toppled as No. 1 if you don't win this tournament and that you may be a man in decline. Do you feel like a man in decline?

RAFAEL NADAL: Me?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: Maybe. But I won Roland Garros two weeks ago. I don't forget (smiling). Maybe you or the website yes.

After winning Roland Garros, two weeks later is a little bit fast to say I am. You can say that maybe next year, but probably now is a little bit dangerous to say that.

But, no, you know, is my seventh year without be out of the top two. Is a lot of years. Probably I started to be decline, but hopefully not. Maybe they are right. I don't know.

Q. Did it feel slightly odd today to be playing indoors with a roof on when everyone else was playing outdoors in sunshine?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, that's something strange. But they told me they gonna open the roof. But after the last minute, they told me they predicts a shower. Never comes. We gonna close the roofs.

A new experience for me, a good experience. But the tournament is outdoor, is not indoor. And I prefer to play outdoor.

Q. How do you look at Michael Laudrup's first seen in Mallorca?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the goal was convert. We still in the first division. I think they did well. A lot of changes in the club. Last year, a lot of new players, new president, new people managing the club. So wasn't an easy situation, and I think they did well. They did enough points to be in the first league next year.

So I think with the team that we had, we had a fantastic season, and I think the coach and the people who worked for the coach, with Michael and himself, they did a very good work for Mallorca. I am very happy with them.

Q. Did you get nervous in the end?

RAFAEL NADAL: More than nervous. Last day was terribly dangerous.

Q. You played Muller a few years ago in the second round and lost. You probably didn't expect to be playing him perhaps in the third round. What is your view of Muller, your memories of that match? How have you changed in your game and your belief in yourself since then?

RAFAEL NADAL: I played six years ago, seven years ago. Was a long time. But he beat me. So that's what happened.

He's a very dangerous player. Very sorry for Milos today, what happened to him. That's terrible for any player. I wish him all the best to recover fast.

You know, Gilles is a very dangerous player. He has a very good serve, good volley. He's especially very dangerous player in this kind of surface. So will be tough match for me. I have to be very focused all the time with my serve and try to convert the small chances that I can have on the return.

Q. In your spare time when you go home, are you still cooking in the evening to relax?

RAFAEL NADAL: Here?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: Seriously, this year, I cooked every day, every day for me or for the team. Toni have diet, so I don't cook for him. But for the rest of the team, I cooked almost every day.

Q. What's your specialty?

RAFAEL NADAL: A lot of things. No, very simple things. I do pasta.

Q. Are you as good a cook as you are a tennis player?

RAFAEL NADAL: Probably not.

Source

Janne

Numéro 2 mondial
Numéro 2 mondial
Janne

• Profil •

Suisse
Féminin Localisation : Genève, SUISSE

Membre n° : 226

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyVen 24 Juin 2011 - 16:57

Nadal pourra se venger

Nicolas Cerbelle(Sport24.com)
23/06/2011 | Mise à jour : 08:51 Réagir
Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 Lire_a10
Rafael Nadal peut se montrer spectaculaire Crédits photo : Panoramic

Vainqueur de Ryan Sweeting, Rafael Nadal aura l'occasion de prendre sa revanche au troisième tour sur Gilles Muller,
l'un des trois seuls joueurs à l'avoir battu à Wimbledon. Andy Murray passe aussi.

Dire que la qualification de Rafael Nadal pour le troisième tour n'a été qu'une formalité serait un peu dur pour Ryan Sweeting (6/3 6/2 6/4). Certes, l'Américain n'a pas pesé lourd dans les deux premiers sets. Mais il a eu le mérite de ne jamais abandonner, réussissant même à combler le break concédé rapidement dans la troisième manche (2/2). Agressif en retour, Sweeting empêchait alors le n°1 mondial de prendre totalement le jeu à son compte. Ce dernier finissait quand même par faire la différence dans le neuvième jeu (5/4) avant de se procurer une balle de match sur un passing de revers dont il a le secret. Et de conclure sur une volée, preuve encore une fois que Nadal n'est pas maladroit au filet.

Un mauvais souvenir pour Nadal
Au troisième tour, l'Espagnol retrouvera une vielle connaissance… Gilles Muller, bénéficiaire du forfait de Milos Raonic (2/3 ab.), l'un des trois seuls joueurs à l'avoir battu sur le gazon du All England Club (Roger Federer et Paradorn Srichaphan étant les deux autres). C'était en 2005, à une époque où Nadal ne brillait que sur terre battue…

Le Figaro

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptySam 25 Juin 2011 - 14:29

LONDRES - Wimbledon: Nadal prend sa revanche sur Muller

Créé le 25/06/2011 à 16h18 -- Mis à jour le 25/06/2011 à 16h20

LONDRES - L'Espagnol Rafael Nadal, tête de série N.1, s'est qualifié samedi pour les huitièmes de finale de Wimbledon en prenant sa revanche en trois set 7-6 (8/6), 7-6 (7/5), 6-0 sur le Luxembourgeois Gilles Muller, le joueur qui l'avait éliminé au deuxième tour en 2005.

Le match avait été interrompu vendredi après-midi par la pluie juste après la première manche, que l'Espagnol avait remportée en écartant auparavant deux balles de set.

Il y a six ans, dans la foulée de son premier succès à Roland-Garros, l'Espagnol n'avait rien pu faire contre les aces de Muller. Si la première balle du gaucher luxembourgeois fait toujours mal (17 aces), Nadal est devenu un tout autre joueur sur gazon qu'à l'époque.

Le Majorquin a gagné pratiquement tous les échanges dépassant deux ou trois coups de raquette et n'a commis que trois fautes directes dans tout le match.

"C'était très difficile dans les deux premiers sets. Je n'avais aucune occasion de faire le break. On sait que dans les tie-breaks tout peut arriver", a-t-il commenté.

Après avoir perdu les deux premières manches de justesse, Muller, 92e mondial, s'est effondré dans la dernière.

En huitièmes de finale, le N.1 mondial et tenant du titre affrontera l'Argentin Juan Martin Del Potro.
© 2011 AFP

www.20minutes.fr

Janne

Numéro 2 mondial
Numéro 2 mondial
Janne

• Profil •

Suisse

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptySam 25 Juin 2011 - 16:43

Wimbledon 2011 | Rafa Nadal
Nadal, a octavos de Wimbledon por entregas

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 13090010
Rafael Nadal celebra un punto en su partido ante MüllerEFE
ÓSCAR LÓPEZÓSCAR LÓPEZ 25.06.2011 - 15:42h

Rafa Nadal ya está en octavos de final de Wimbledon. Lo ha logrado en dos entregas, puesto que su partido ante Gilles Müller tuvo que aplazarse este viernes por culpa de la lluvia. Al final, 7-6, 7-6 y 6-0 en casi dos horas y media.

Si ya en el primer capítulo demostró Müller una gran precisión con su saque,
obligando a Nadal a ganar la primera manga en el 'tie break' gracias a pequeños detalles,
la reanudación dejó un segundo set casi calcado.
El luxemburgués, que eliminó a Nadal en segunda ronda de 2005,
no había perdido su tino con el saque. Müller continuaba firmando unos porcentajes casi impecables
con su primer servicio, como si no hubiera pasado una noche entre ambos sets.
Los juegos del 92 de la ATP duraban un suspiro y más de uno terminó en blanco. Nadal se desesperaba un tanto por no ver resquicio alguno en el saque de su rival, pero tampoco se descomponía como para ceder en el suyo.
Si el viernes tuvo que remontar dos pelotas de rotura en el undécimo juego, en este segundo parcial se mostró más firme con su saque. Tanto, que en la muerte súbita jugó con pleno de primeros servicios.
No así Müller, que en cuanto jugó con un segundo lo aprovechó Rafa para atacarle con un recurso que supo explotar muy bien en las dos partes del partido. Su revés cortado hacía bastante daño al luxemburgués, debido en parte a su envergadura.

Paseo en el tercer set
Tras ver cómo se esfumaba un segundo set en el que apenas cometió fallos, Müller se vino abajo. "¿Qué más tengo que hacer?" debía estar pasando por su cabeza.

Todo el trabajo de mérito que hizo en las dos mangas anteriores, lo estropeó en la siguiente. Empezó cediendo la rotura gracias a una doble falta, para empezar, y un segundo servicio que apareció cuando menos lo necesitaba.

Nadal se vino arriba y empezó a divertirse jugando, al contrario que en las dos horas anteriores de partido. El pleno de juegos del set lo dice todo. Müller rendido, entregado, y Rafa totalmente enchufado, poniendo la directa hacia los octavos de final, donde le espera bien a Juan Martín del Potro, que venció a Gilles Simon por 7-6, 7-6 y 7-5

Del Potro, "un gran reto"
Nadal confesó al conocer su rival que es "un gran reto" para él disputar su partido de octavos de final contra el argentino Juan Martín Del Potro, quien "juega al máximo nivel cuando está sano".

"Tengo que sacar mi mejor tenis para enfrentarme a él. Creo que es un jugador muy completo", indicó Nadal en la rueda de prensa posterior a su duelo de tercera ronda acerca de "Delpo", del que asegura "es difícil predecir cómo llega a esa ronda en hierba".

El número uno del mundo afirmó que su próximo rival es un jugador "para terminar entre los cinco mejores" y que si no acaba entre esos puestos esta temporada, lo hará "la siguiente".

"Su nivel es para terminar entre los cinco mejores. Si no está más arriba en el ránking es porque ha estado lesionado. Antes de lesionarse, Del Potro ya estaba entre los cinco mejores", añadió.

RTVE.ES

Chupeta

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
Chupeta

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Nantes

Membre n° : 575

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptySam 25 Juin 2011 - 17:48

Nadal s'en sort bien

Le 25/06/2011 à 15:42 | Mis à jour le 25/06/2011 à 16:59

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 Rafael-nadal-file-en-huitiemes-de-finale
Rafael Nadal soulagé. Le numéro 1 mondial retrouvera Juan Martin Del Potro en huitièmes. (AFP)

Deux balles de premier set écartées, une interruption due à la pluie, et Rafael Nadal (n°1) s'en sort finalement en trois manches face à Gilles Muller, samedi, au 3e tour (7-6 [6], 7-6 [5], 6-0).

2005. Rafael Nadal vient de remporter son premier Roland-Garros. Le numéro 3 mondial d'alors n'a pas encore le pied vert. Eliminé d'entrée à Halle par Alexander Waske (147e), il quitte le All England Club dès le 2e tour, battu (6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4) par Gilles Muller (69e). Les temps ont bien changé. Le gaucher luxembourgeois, guère épargné par les blessures, n'a jamais vraiment confirmé les espoirs que son titre de champion du monde juniors avait pu susciter. Le Majorquin, lui, a tracé sa route.
Vendredi, sur le court numéro 1, le jeu offensif du 92e mondial, à base de services-volées, prive pourtant de temps le Majorquin. Mené 5-6, 15/40, il écarte même deux balles de set avant de virer en tête au tie-break (8 points à 6). Renvoyés aux vestiaires, pluie oblige, les deux hommes repartent sur les mêmes bases, ce samedi. Résultat ? Un nouveau jeu décisif. Distancé 3 points à 4, victime d'une glissade, le tenant du titre s'en sort finalement sans dommage (7-5). Le plus dur est fait. La manche décisive est une formalité.
«C'était un match très difficile, a reconnu l'Espagnol à sa sortie du court. Dans les deux premiers sets, je n'avais aucune chance de breaker. Il était très compliqué de mettre en place une tactique. Au troisième set, je suis parvenu à maintenir un bon niveau de jeu. Ma jambe droite m'a donné quelques inquiétudes mais j'ai pu m'en sortir sans trop de problèmes. Je vais me reposer et me soigner avant mon prochain tour.» Un prochain tour où il retrouvera Juan Martin Del Potro (n°24).

http://www.lequipe.fr

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyDim 26 Juin 2011 - 16:40

Wim' - Décla > Nadal "malchanceux"

Par Rémi Cap-Vert, dimanche 26 juin 2011 à 20:08

Rafael Nadal se dit "malchanceux" d'avoir à affronter Juan Martin Del Potro aussi tôt dans le tournoi. Ce tour s'annonce compliqué selon lui...

"Il a un bon service et de très bons coups en fond de court. C'est un joueur complet. Jouer contre lui, c'est toujours un gros challenge, car il est un adversaire redoutable et l'un des meilleurs joueurs du monde. Son classement actuel ne reflète pas son vrai niveau. Quand il est en bonne santé, c'est un joueur du top 5. Je ne suis pas chanceux du tout d'avoir à 'laffronter dès les huitièmes. Mais c'est comme ça et je devrai jouer mon meilleur tennis pour l'emporter."

www.welovetennis.fr

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyDim 26 Juin 2011 - 17:56

Wimbledon (H) : Nadal craint Del Potro

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 112273_NADAL_WIMBLEDON_200611
© panoramic

Rédaction Sport365

samedi 25 juin 2011 - 20h56

Malmené pendant deux sets par Gilles Muller (7-6, 7-6, 6-0), Rafael Nadal s’est finalement qualifié pour les huitièmes de finale de Wimbledon sans avoir concédé le moindre set. Si le n°1 mondial n’a pas hésité à saluer la qualité de service du Luxembourgeois, l’Espagnol s’est déjà tourné vers son prochain match face à Juan martin Del Potro.

Rafael Nadal poursuit sa montée en puissance à Wimbledon. Gêné par le service de Gilles Muller, le n°1 mondial a été contraint deconcéder deux tie-breaks lors des deux premiers sets samedi face au Luxembourgeois. Si son jeu n’est pas encore tout a fait au point, l’Espagnol sait cependant qu’il peut toujours s’appuyer sur son mental. « Le challenge, c'était de jouer contre quelqu'un qui a un service fantastique. Au premier set, je n'ai gagné que trois points sur son service avant le tie-break. Tout se joue à deux points. J'ai été solide mentalement. Quand l'autre sert bien, on ne peut pas faire grand-chose. Il faut attendre l'occasion. J'étais un peu nerveux avant le match, parce que ce genre de joueurs rend un peu nerveux. » Qualifié pour les huitièmes de finale, Nadal ne se réjouit pas vraiment d’affronter Juan Martin Del Potro dès ce stade de la compétition. « Del Potro est un des meilleurs joueurs du monde. Il a eu une grosse blessure l'an dernier, mais il a le niveau du Top 5. Ca ne me plaît pas de jouer contre Del Potro en huitième, mais c'est comme ça », a commenté Rafael Nadal selon des propos rapportés par l’Agence France Presse.

www.sport365.fr

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyLun 27 Juin 2011 - 8:16

Une interview où Rafa explique qu'il est très détendu, que ca lui apporte beaucoup de sérénité d'être dans une maison au lieu d'un hôtel, qu'il a beaucoup plus de temps pour lui et pour sa famille.

Il explique aussi les raisons de son forfait en Coupe Davis (j'ai traduit le passage dans le topic de la CD).

Rafael Nadal: «No voy a la Davis, no puedo estar en todos los frentes»

Lunes, 27 de junio del 2011

JAUME PUJOL-GALCERAN
LONDRES / ENVIADO ESPECIAL

El sol brillaba como no lo había hecho en toda la semana en Wimbledon. Buena señal para Rafael Nadal. Se le veía feliz y relajado, tras el entrenamiento. Ayer era día de descanso y lo aprovechó con una comida típica de domingo, como las que hace en Porto Cristo con su familia. Estaban su padre Sebastià, su novia Maria Francisca Perelló, su tío Toni, su recuperador Rafael Maymó y su mánager Carlos Costa. En el ecuador del torneo, el número 1 hace un repaso a lo vivido hasta ahora y lo que le espera.

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 1309123406600
Nadal y su tío, ayer en un improvisado partido de fútbol en su casa londinense.
JAUME PUJOL-GALCERAN/Enviado especial

-¿Wimbledon es diferente así?

--Siento que hago una vida normal y eso es muy importante. Estás con tu gente, más relajado, más cómodo. Puedo hacer mi vida y todo eso ayuda mucho mentalmente. Desde el 2005 alquilo una casa aquí.

-¿Se siente mejor?

--Me gusta estar en una casa. Es una forma de huir de la rutina de siempre. Si estás en un hotel, este torneo se hace agobiante por los tiempos de espera en el club, la lluvia, todo es más complicado.

-¿Cuál es su plan para el día de descanso?

--He entrenado, he visto un poco la F-1, y por la tarde, me quedaré en casa con todos. Seguiré por la tele a Sergio García. Después, la cena y una serie de TV, La Unidad, que estoy siguiendo estos días y me relaja.

-¿Está listo para enfrentarse a Del Potro?

--Confío en estar preparado para jugar. No será un rival cómodo. Del Potro es un gran jugador y va a poner las cosas muy complicadas, pero estar en la segunda semana me permite estar ya tranquilo, más alegre y sin tensión. El año ya está cubierto. No tengo tanta presión y ahora juego con más valentía. Pero veremos que pasa a partir de ahora cuando juegue contra los mejores. Aquí juegas tres puntos mal y sabes que puedes perder tranquilamente.

-Se le ve relajado, nada que ver con la tensión que mostraba en Roland Garros ¿No es así?

--Hasta Roland Garros había hecho un buen año pero había perdido cuatro finales y dos en tierra. Eso afecta a tu confianza, aumenta la tensión y te crea dudas. Estaba con una presión extra, más de la que hubiera debido. Ahora es distinto. He vuelto a ganar Roland Garros. Eso me da una tranquilidad extra igual que haber ganado otro Grand Slam un año más. Eso no voy a conseguirlo siempre. Lo he logrado durante siete años seguidos. Es mucho más de lo que hubiera imaginado. Pase lo que pase a partir de ahora habré repetido un año muy bueno. Y además estoy sano que es lo importante.

-Pero finalmente no jugará la Copa Davis contra Estados Unidos. Albert Costa dará el equipo sin usted y con David Ferrer, Fernando Verdasco, Feliciano López, y Marcel Granollers. ¿Cuál es la razón?

--Sí. No estaré en la Copa Davis. Me sabe mal pero necesito un tiempo de descanso para revisar mis rodillas y descansar cara a la parte final de la temporada. Debo parar 15 o 20 días y si no lo hago ahora no podría hacerlo después. Quiero intentar llegar bien al Open de EEUU. No puedo estar en todos los frentes. Mi objetivo principal es estar sano, si no, no sirve de nada el resto.

-¿Cuál es el problema real?

--Me gusta esta competición pero nos lo ponen muy dificil para que jueguen los mejores. Me hace ilusión competir por mi país, siempre me ha gustado y la he jugado cuando he podido. Claro que la he ganado ya tres veces y no tienes la misma ilusión que si no la hubieras ganado nunca. Pero el problema no es de los jugadores sino de la ITF (Federación Internacional de Tenis) que la organiza.

-¿Qué pasa con la ITF?

--Tiene sensibilidad cero con nosotros. Es una democracia....complicada. Parece que no ve que si no juegan los mejores, la competición pierde prestigio. Y si lo ve, no hace nada. Se está suicidando. Haciendo esto consigue que una competición maravillosa como es la Copa Davis pierda valor.

-¿Cómo se puede solucionar?

-- El actual formato no puede seguir. No es lógico jugar tres eliminatorias en un año, en medio de un calendario tan complicado. Se pueden buscar soluciones y hacer que sea más favorables para que podamos jugar los mejores. En Wimbledon, por ejemplo, si no vienen los mejores un año no pasa nada, dos tampoco...pero si pasa en seis no tendrá tanto valor. La ITF solo quiere ganar dinero. Allá ellos.

SOURCE

Janne

Numéro 2 mondial
Numéro 2 mondial
Janne

• Profil •

Suisse

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyLun 27 Juin 2011 - 17:13

Wimbledon
Rafael Nadal devra contrer le retour de Del Potro
26.06.2011 14:22 - mise à jour: 27.06.2011 12:15

Les quatre favoris au titre à Wimbledon, Nadal, Djokovic, Federer et Murray, ont passé sans encombre en 2e semaine. Mais le no1 mondial aura un fameux test en 1/8 de finale. Le Majorcain devra se méfier du retour au premier plan de Juan Martin Del Potro.
Des quatre favoris de Wimbledon, Rafael Nadal est celui qui a fait la plus mauvaise opération en huitième de finale lundi en héritant de l'Argentin Juan Martin Del Potro, l'ancien no5 mondial qui revient fort après une année 2010 gâchée par une grave blessure au poignet. "Ce n'est pas le genre d'adversaire qu'on veut rencontrer à ce moment-là", a reconnu l'Espagnol.

Del Potro a déjà battu Nadal trois fois en huit rencontres. On se souvient surtout du cinglant trois fois 6-2 qu'il lui avait infligé en demi-finale de l'US Open en 2009, en route vers son unique titre du Grand Chelem. La "tour de Tandil" (1,96 m) possède aussi l'arme que le Majorquin redoute le plus sur gazon, une énorme première balle de service, et a semblé très à l'aise en première semaine, ne perdant qu'un seul set en chemin.

Del Potro manque d'expérience
De là à mettre les deux joueurs sur un pied d'égalité, il y a une marge que le Sud-Américain lui-même se garde bien de franchir. "Je ne sais pas si j'ai une petite chance ou pas, en tout cas il sera le grand favori", a dit le joueur, remonté à la 21e place à l'ATP.

Del Potro souffre de plusieurs handicaps sur gazon, dont le plus lourd est son manque d'expérience de la surface. Son bilan de carrière s'y limite à dix matches gagnés. C'est peu face au double vainqueur de Wimbledon, que seul Federer a réussi à battre au All England Lawn Tennis Club depuis six ans. Sa grande taille est également un problème pour l'Argentin sur un terrain souvent glissant, où il a parfois du mal à se déplacer. Reconnaissant être "toujours en train d'apprendre sur herbe", il reste très limité à la volée, une arme toujours utile même si l'herbe moins est fusante que jadis.

Del Potro créerait donc une belle surprise s'il parvenait à renverser le no1 mondial, qui s'est montré solide faute d'être brillant lors de ses trois premiers matches gagnés en trois sets. La sensation serait plus grande encore si le Français Michael Llodra, 35e mondial, infligeait sa deuxième défaite de la saison à Novak Djokovic, ou si son compatriote Richard Gasquet désespérait toute la Grande-Bretagne en terrassant Andy Murray.Lien

*Caro*

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
*Caro*

• Profil •

Canada
Féminin Localisation : Montréal (Québec)

Membre n° : 244

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyLun 27 Juin 2011 - 20:10

Un peu en retard... mais comme on dit, vaut mieux tard que jamais! Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 308723

R. Nadal - third round

R. Nadal bt G. Muller 7-6, 7-6, 6-0

Saturday, 25 June 2011

Q. You've normally played on Centre Court. How did you find Court No. 1? A little slippery today?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no. I played in both courts all tournaments here. Nothing strange to play in No. 1 Court for me.

Q. How did it feel different from Centre Court?

RAFAEL NADAL: The Centre Court is always probably more special, but both courts are really, really nice.

No, the game don't change.

Q. Did you hurt your leg last night just before the rain came?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, little bit. I felt the leg little bit more tired than usual. I called the trainer for that. Today I still feeling little bit.

But this is not limiting my game. I can play with that without problems.

Q. It's the muscle rather than the knee?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, yeah, no. It's not the knee. Nothing of the knee. Just little bit the muscle, yeah.

Q. Are there any ways in which being a lefty is an advantage on grass? Today you played a fellow lefty, but...

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I answer this question one thousand times. The advantage is because there is not a lot of leftys on the tour. Maybe that's the advantage.

The thing that everybody say, Well, you have your forehand against the backhand of the righty. But the righty have the forehand against the backhand of the lefty.

The outside slice, outside serve against the backhand, the righty have the same on the deuce.

Seriously, the only thing is probably you play less times against leftys than righties. That's the only advantage.

Q. What was the challenge today playing against a fellow lefty?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, the challenge is playing against a player who served fantastic during all the match, in my opinion. But I was little bit lucky the first set yesterday because I think I only won three points before the tiebreak on the return, and I had two set points against.

In the second set today, it was very similar match, no? The set points again. But you decide the set in two balls.

I think I played solid mentally, and in the tiebreak I serve all my points with the first serve. I didn't play no one point with the second. When I had the chance to return, I won the point. I think I played a good point. For that reason, I am in the third round.

The third set, two sets to love, I am able to play with less pressure. I started to return unbelievable and to play at very high level, I think.

Q. What is the challenge of facing Juan Martin Del Potro?

RAFAEL NADAL: Always is a big challenge play against him, no? He's a very, very tough opponent. One of the best players of the world. He had an important injury last year.

His ranking for sure is much better than what the ranking says today. His level is much better than what the ranking says today.

In my opinion, he's top five of level normally, if we talk about level. When he's healthy, he must be in the top five of the ranking normally, no? So will be a very tough opponent for me. I know that. I'm not lucky to play against Del Potro in the Round of 16. But that's what it is, and I have to be playing my best tennis to try to win.

Q. What specifically about his game is so difficult?

RAFAEL NADAL: Everything. I think he has a good serve, very good shots from the baseline. He's complete. I think he's a complete player.

Q. Today's top players have it all: size, power, defence to offence, great on all surfaces. You might not want to answer this. But fans love to imagine how the top players of this era would match up against the great players of the past, like Pete with his serve or Andre with his baseline.

RAFAEL NADAL: Andre wasn't that far. I played against Andre. And Federer played against Andre Agassi. So you can prove that. Nothing new.

I don't know. The champions are champions in his era, in his part of his history. I don't know. Is difficult to compare the moments of tennis 15 years ago between now because the game changes. Not for that reason says the players of today are better than the players of 15 years ago, or the players of 15 years ago are better than today.

The only thing that I can say is before, in my opinion, the top four players didn't play as solid as today is doing. I think all the tournaments, even if there isn't a Grand Slam, is 1000, 500 points tournaments, top players are always there in the finals, semifinals, playing in the final rounds. Probably in the past, didn't happen that a lot.

That's probably because can be two things: is the courts are a little bit slower than before, so the best have a little bit more chances to play the points, and finally if you have more time to play, the best player have better chances to win.

Second thing is because the players of today have big rivalry, and they know if they don't play at his best in every tournament, going to be very difficult to be in the top positions at the end of the season. For that reason we have to be very focused mentally every week.

Q. And the players do really well on all surfaces today?

RAFAEL NADAL: That's easy to explain. That's very easy to explain. Before, the ranking was completely different. You played in tournaments, and the best 18 results counts for the ranking.

Today is not like this. Today you have to play four Grand Slams, nine Masters 1000, four 500, and two 250s. You have to play well on all surfaces, because if not, it's zero points. Before, a lot of Spanish players didn't come here because they know if they came here didn't make a big difference on the points.

Today all the players have to come here and play well here. If not, you have zero points on your ranking.

So the way that the ranking goes today affects on the players are more complete and are able to play well on all surfaces because they have to do. Before, all the players played a lot more tournaments on clay. A lot of Spanish players played all the season on clay.

Today, even if everybody talks I am a clay court specialist, I play four or five tournaments for a year.

Q. A couple of champions John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors said recently the rivalries today are too nice, too friendly, like between you and Roger or Djokovic. What do you think of that?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think is better. I think is better like this than another way. For the example for the kids especially, the education is special, something very, very important, I think.

And if the kids who are watching the matches here, who are following us, will see each other fight every week, discuss every week between each other, probably in the future they are going to have the same. In my opinion, is not a good way the world have to work.

This is the game. What happen outside of the court doesn't affect what's going to happen inside the court. So we can be talking in the locker room before the match. That's not going to have effect what gonna happen in 10 minutes when we are on the court. That's my opinion. Probably the opinion of the past champions, they have more troubles between each other. Is different. But for me the rivalry is only inside the court. Doesn't affect the rest.

Q. Is this the strongest Wimbledon field you've faced, the strength of the top four? Can you remember a stronger Wimbledon field than this at the top?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think you never know what's going on. The tournaments start with one field of everybody and finish with a different result. So seems like the best players are playing well. I don't know if I gonna win next round. So probably the rest of the players thinks the same.

Every day is different. Every day anything can happen. Novak, Roger, Andy are playing well. But the matches are not easy to win. I had two set points yesterday against. Andy yesterday had a tough match. He won in the tiebreak, 7 5, tiebreak of the fourth.

So the matches are close all the time. Is difficult to predict something. We will see what's going on.

Q. The Spanish Under 21 start playing in the final tonight of the Euro Championships. Are you going to watch and do you have a message for them?

RAFAEL NADAL: I talk with the coach, with the second coach, two days ago. I send them the best of luck for the final.

What time is the final?

Q. I'm not sure. I think 8:00 our time.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, for sure I going to be at home watching the match. I didn't have the chance to watch two days ago or three days ago because I was playing. But I watch the previous days. Today going to be an interesting match. We have fantastic team, I think.

Q. Do you remember watching when Roger beat Sampras here, and what do you remember about it?

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't remember that. Sorry. I didn't see that match.

Q. What players excite you in Under 21s?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's hard to say one. We have a very nice team. It's difficult to say just one.

Source

Janne

Numéro 2 mondial
Numéro 2 mondial
Janne

• Profil •

Suisse

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyLun 27 Juin 2011 - 20:19

Nadal, a cuartos tras superar la prueba más exigente

Wimbledon 2011 | Nadal - Del Potro
27.06.2011 - 22:13h
Rafa Nadal ya está en cuartos de final de Wimbledon, después de vencer al argentino Juan Martín del Potro tras casi cuatro horas (7-6, 3-6, 7-6 y 6-4). El de Tandil apretó al español y puso a prueba su resistencia, obligándole a ceder su primer set del torneo.

Las próximas horas servirán para determinar cuáles serán las consecuencias del esfuerzo para Rafa, que jugó infiltrado por los problemas de sus rodillas y pidió la asistencia médica por un tirón en su tendón de Aquiles.

Lien

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMar 28 Juin 2011 - 9:54

Wim' - Décla > Rafael Nadal : "Mon corps a besoin de repos"

Par Rémi Cap-Vert, mardi 28 juin 2011 à 11:26

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 Nadal%20wimbledon11%20r128%20c

Rafael Nadal est revenu, en conférence de presse, sur différents sujets qui nous inquiètent tout particulièrement : sa blessure au pied gauche, compromettant peut-être la suite de son tournoi, son quart à venir, son forfait en Coupe Davis... Il ne manque pas moins de rendre hommage à son adversaire malheureux, Juan Martin Del Potro. Et met, au passage, un vrai coup de bâton à l'ITF. Un Nadal offensif, en somme.

Sa blessure
"Sur le point, à 6-5 égalité, qui m'a donné la balle de set, ça a été terrible. J'ai demandé une intervention médicale dès la fin du jeu. A ce moment précis, je ne savais pas si j'aurais une chance de continuer à jouer. J'ai cru que je devrais abandonner. J'ai senti quelque chose d'étrange et de violent dans mon pied. Je ne connais pas la nature du problème pour le moment, mais j'ai l'impression que ça pourrait être au niveau de l'os, dans le pied. Le strap' qu'on m'a mis a probablement changé la position du pied et ses points de contact, c'est ce qui m'a permis de continuer avec un peu moins de douleurs. Je suis inquiet, évidemment. Je vais passer une IRM, on verra ce qui en ressortira. Je ne peux pas prédire le futur."

Son match contre Del Potro
"Je suis néanmoins très heureux de passer au tour suivant, d'avoir gagné contre l'un des meilleurs joueurs du monde. C'était un match fantastique. On a eu joué un excellent niveau de tennis ce soir (hier). Il est jeune et il a un potentiel incroyable. Avec son service, il est extrêmement compétitif sur ce type de courts. Et il sera, sans aucun doute, l'un des favoris pour gagner ici dans le futur. Pourquoi pas ? Il a vraiment un bon service, de super couts en fond de court et sa volée n'est pas mauvaise."

Son quart de finale contre Mardy Fish
"Mardy Fish joue vraiment à un très, très haut niveau. C'est un joueur extrêmement dangereux. Je devrai être à 100%. Sinon, la victoire sera impossible. Donc je dois absolument récupérer."

L'ITF et le calendrier
"L'ITF ne veut rien changer, ni au calendrier, ni à la formule de la Coupe Davis. Ce n'est pas une bonne chose car souvent les meilleurs ne participent plus. A l'ITF, ils devraient voir ce qui se passe. Mais ils ne réfléchissent pas et se contentent d'empocher l'argent. C'est difficile pour moi de ne pas défendre les couleurs de mon pays. Mais je ne peux pas être partout et au top chaque semaine. Mon corps a besoin de repos. Là j'ai mal au pied, il y a quelques jours c'était le genou, c'est trop ! Ce n'est plus possible, je n'ai plus 18 ans. Mais l'ITF s'en moque. Elle ne nous aide vraiment pas."

www.welovetennis.fr

*Caro*

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
*Caro*

• Profil •

Canada
Féminin Localisation : Montréal (Québec)

Membre n° : 244

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMer 29 Juin 2011 - 16:54

R. Nadal - fourth round

R. Nadal bt. J. Del Potro 7-6, 3-6, 7-6, 6-4

Monday, 27 June 2011

Q. How is your injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know yet. I have to check. I have to go to do an MRI. I don't know right now.

I felt really bad during I felt that the half of the first set. With the 6 5, I felt terrible, no? I felt that I broked my foot at that moment.

The point with the deuce, that point give me the set point, in that point I felt terrible, no?

I asked for the trainer at that moment when the game was done. I seriously didn't know at that moment the match, I didn't know that if I will have the chance to continue playing.

Q. Can you tell us how it happened or what happened?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know before because I started to feel little bit pain there during the first set. I said before, half of the set. But with the 6 5, I pushed hard with the forehand defending shot and crossed. I felt something that like crushed there in the back of the foot outside.

So I didn't know what was going on then.

Q. Did the pain stay with you for the rest of the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: The pain stay with me for the next points, for sure, and for all the match stays with me. But with the tape, I think we changed a little bit the direction of the support, and probably didn't hurt me much.

But to run to my forehand was very, very tough for me. I felt pain because I cannot push with the foot to defend my forehand. To go against my backhand wasn't a problem. I can run fast there. I can run fast in front of me. The biggest problem is when I had to defend my forehand.

Q. Is it the same injury you had in the last match?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no.

Q. Different?

RAFAEL NADAL: Completely different.

Q. How worried are you about Wednesday?

RAFAEL NADAL: I am happy today I am through. I thought that I never gonna win this match when it happened with the 6 5. I am very happy to be through, winning against one of the best players of the world. I think was a fantastic match. Was a very good level of tennis tonight.

And I'm worried, for sure. I'm going to do the MRI. We'll see what's going on. Tomorrow we will see. I cannot predict the future.

Q. Will you have the scan tonight or tomorrow?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know yet. I gonna check. I am checking with the doctors, with the physios. They are trying. We are trying our best to do it as fast as possible.

Q. Was part of the problem that you couldn't take any more tablets because you were full of tablets for the previous injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: Sorry?

Q. Had you taken medication?

RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't.

Q. Before the match for your other injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: I did, yeah.

Q. And you couldn't take any more during the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: I can, but with that pain I thought that's not gonna be the solution, so I didn't.

Some question about the match?

Q. Did you think the time violation warning was stupid?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think is always the same umpire to do this. So I don't know if is stupid or not. But the match today was quick. Wasn't this kind of matches that you have slow between points, you have very, very long points, and you are tired and you rest a lot between points. Wasn't my feeling.

I came here 100 times, and I said when the umpire give me time violation, I say, Well, if I was slow is my fault; it's not the fault of the umpire. I am the first one to recognize my faults when I do.

Happened in Roland Garros I think few weeks ago. Somebody give me a time violation. I say, Okay, yes, that's true, I was slow.

Was not my feeling today.

Q. Right after Wimbledon there's the huge Davis Cup competition. Do you think it is a problem having Davis Cup right after a Grand Slam? And why won't you be playing?

RAFAEL NADAL: The problem is the ITF, my opinion. They don't want to change nothing. They are never able to change nothing on the calendar, nothing in the format of the Davis Cup competition. And some thing they are doing bad, because the best player of the world, a lot of times we are not able to play.

So that's happen, they have to think what's going on, no? But they don't think nothing. They keep winning his money and that's it.

For me is hard not go to United States and play for my country. For somebody can think, Well, he only is think about himself. He is playing his own things. Doesn't matter about the Davis Cup. It's not my case.

I always try to play Davis Cup. For me is a really bad new not to be in USA defending my country. I love defend my country. But, seriously, ITF is not helping us nothing on that, and for me is an obligation to not go there.

I cannot be in every place. I cannot be competitive every week of the year. My body needs to rest. You know, I am here. Day before I had little bit pain here. Today I had pain on the foot. Few days ago the knee. So, you know, I played a lot of matches the last six months, especially last five months, four months. Is too much.

Seriously, is not possible be No. 1 or No. 2 playing Davis Cup every tie, be in all the places, be competitive in all the tournaments. Is not possible. I am not 18 anymore. I am 25. I am playing a lot of matches. I am lucky because I won a lot of matches, so for that reason I am playing that match, not because I am playing more tournaments than usual.

So for that reason I cannot be there. For me is tough. But for the ITF, doesn't matter.

Q. Juan Martin for the first time this year he was in the second week in Wimbledon. Some people said his grass court game wasn't very good. You really understood what a threat he was. Can you describe his game?

RAFAEL NADAL: Always is the same history. The same was with me two years ago when I lost in 2005 in second round against Muller. My game is not ready for grass.

After four years I played two finals, two champions. Here I am in quarterfinals.

He is young. He has an unbelievable potential. With this serve, he is always very competitive in these courts. And for sure the No. 4, 5 of the world winning Grand Slam titles, he's one of the favorites to win here. Why not? He has very good serve, very good shots from the baseline, and his volley looks good.

I don't see no one reason to think he not gonna play really well here.

Q. How much chance have you had to look ahead? Have you looked at the game of Mardy Fish very much?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, he's playing fantastic. I saw him a few not today. I was playing today, but I saw him a little bit against Robin Haase. He's playing at a very, very high level. He's very dangerous player, so I will try my best to be very competitive on Wednesday.

I need be at my hundred percent. If not, gonna be impossible against him. So I have to recover.

Q. How convinced are you you'll be fit for Wednesday?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I told before, I cannot predict the future. I say today I had the pain. I felt something is a fresh injury. Let's see what's going on and let's see how the MRI looks.

And after, let's see if we have the chance to recover for Wednesday. I don't know.

Source

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMer 29 Juin 2011 - 20:53

Wimbledon: Nadal passe sous anesthésiant

AFP, 29/06 21:47 CET

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 Photo_1309376752758-1-0

Rafael Nadal a dû avoir recours à un anesthésiant local pour disputer son quart de finale mardi à Wimbledon et battre l’Américain Mardy Fish en quatre sets 6-3, 6-3, 5-7, 6-4.

Au tour précédent, au cours de son match contre Juan Martin Del Potro, l’Espagnol avait ressenti une vive douleur au pied et avait même un moment songé à l’abandon.

“Quand je joue je n’ai pas mal, il faut que ce soit clair”, a dit Nadal.

“J’ai eu très peur l’autre jour, mais les examens ont été positifs, ce qui m’a pas mal surpris. La douleur ne me préoccupe pas car je sais que ça ne peut pas s’aggraver beaucoup”, a-t-il ajouté, sans préciser la nature du problème.

“Après Wimbledon, j’aurai un mois sans compétition, ce qui est indispensable parce que je suis arrivé ici un peu à la limite”, a-t-il dit, assurant qu’il n‘était pas pénalisé dans le jeu.

“Depuis hier, je sais que je vais pouvoir jouer mes matches à 100% ou presque. Wimbledon en vaut la peine. Après on verra”, a-t-il ajouté.

En demi-finale, le Majorquin affrontera le Britannique Andy Murray (N.4), comme l’année dernière au même endroit et aussi comme à Roland-Garros il y a un mois. Dans les deux cas il s‘était imposé en trois sets.

Mercredi, Nadal a nettement dominé Fish dans les deux premières manches. Après avoir fait le break dès le début du troisième, il n’a pas réussi à boucler la rencontre en trois manches.

“A ce moment-là, j’ai perdu un peu l’intensité et il s’est mis à être plus agressif”, a commenté le N.1 mondial, qui n’a plus tremblé dans le quatrième.

Le tenant du titre jouera sa cinquième demi-finale à Wimbledon, un tournoi dans lequel il n’a plus perdu depuis la finale de 2007 contre Roger Federer (il était forfait en 2009).

http://fr.euronews.net/

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyVen 1 Juil 2011 - 19:11

Nadal, le tortionnaire

Créé le 01/07/2011 à 20:43

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 496-nadal
Rafael Nadal était trop fort pour Andy Murray. (Reuters)

Pour la cinquième fois de sa carrière, Rafael Nadal sera au rendez-vous de la finale de Wimbledon. L'Espagnol, tout juste dépossédé de sa première place mondiale par Novak Djokovic, y retrouvera le Serbe après sa nette victoire en demie ce vendredi contre Andy Murray (5-7, 6-2, 6-2, 6-4). Il tentera de décrocher un troisième titre à Londres et une onzième couronne en Grand Chelem.

Comme l'an dernier, Rafael Nadal a brisé les desseins d'Andy Murray, stoppant l'Ecossais en demi-finales de Wimbledon (5-7, 6-2, 6-2, 6-4). Comme l'an dernier, l'Espagnol a écoeuré son adversaire et le public du Centre Court avec. Ce n'est pas encore pour cette année qu'un sujet de sa Majesté remportera les Internationaux de Grande-Bretagne, 75 ans après Fred Perry. Nadal, lui, compte déjà deux sacres à Londres, en 2008 et 2010, et défendra son titre contre Novak Djokovic, qui vient de le détrôner de la première place mondiale après sa victoire sur Jo-Wilfried Tsonga plus tôt dans l'après-midi.

La passation de pouvoir, si elle aura lieu lundi dans les ordinateurs de l'ATP, ne se fera pas sans bataille. Celle-ci est programmée dimanche dans le temple du tennis mondial. Le Serbe a remporté les quatre premières cette saison (à Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid et Rome), mais les armes dont dispose Nadal, au-delà de ses pépins physiques qui semblent d'ailleurs avoir disparu, en font le légitime favori à sa propre succession. Ses gifles de coup droit, ses revers croisés dans des angles impossibles et sa couverture de terrain inimitable ont transformé Murray en enfant boudeur dans le jardin d'Aorangi Park. Boudeur et même résigné devant la nouvelle démonstration de puissance du Majorquin, qui tentera dimanche de décrocher un onzième titre en Grand Chelem.

Symbole de cette domination, les cinq jeux de service sur sept perdus par Murray entre le deuxième et le début du quatrième set. Une rafale a tout balayé pour ne laisser aucune autre issue à la rencontre. La première manche avait pourtant un goût de révolte pour l'Ecossais, qui n'a réussi à battre Nadal qu'une seule fois "à la régulière" dans un tournoi majeur (en demie de l'US Open 2008). Le n°4 mondial oubliait même sa douleur aux adducteurs qui l'a poussé à recevoir les soins du kiné en début de rencontre. Plus agressif et aérien, avec de bonnes variations, Murray dictait le jeu jusqu'à 2-1 dans le deuxième set, avant son trou noir.

Très solide dans tous les secteurs du jeu, Nadal a peut-être livré son match le plus abouti depuis le début de la quinzaine londonienne. Pas forcément une bonne nouvelle pour Djokovic, même si le Serbe monte aussi en puissance. Surtout, les statistiques de l'Espagnol en finale de Grand Chelem sont incomparables: douze finales disputées avec dix titres à la clé. Les deux qui lui ont échappé, c'était justement à Wimbledon en 2006 et 2007. Mais depuis, Nadal a dérobé les clés du temple à Roger Federer. Car c'est bien lui le nouveau maître des lieux.

www.sports.fr

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyVen 1 Juil 2011 - 21:16

R. Nadal - quarter-final

R. Nadal bt. M. Fish 6 3, 6 3, 5 7, 6 4

Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Q. It looked like your foot was fine. Can you talk about how that felt today.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, very happy to be in semi-finals, first thing. My foot is not fine. But, you know, we are in quarter-finals of Wimbledon. Is an emergency, so I had to play. So we decided to sleep a little bit the zone of the foot to play the rest of the tournament, and that's what I gonna do.

For me is the last tournament in one month, or in one month and a half, so I have to try my best. Is always for me a dream play here in Wimbledon. I'm in quarterfinals and I had to do, and I gonna do for semi-finals, too.

Q. It's hurting you?

RAFAEL NADAL: When you sleep the foot you don't feel nothing.

Q. During the match.

RAFAEL NADAL: I told you. When you sleep the foot before the match, the anaesthetic is for five hours, so you don't feel nothing.

Q. You said after Del Potro that you were worried. Is that still the case now, that you are worried about your foot holding up for the rest of the tournament?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I'm not worried about my foot. I went to the hospital. I did the MRI. I did the echo here, the ultrasound here. We didn't see nothing real important. If you have something real important you have to go out of the tournament.

I don't have nothing really important. I have pain on the foot. I cannot run in perfect conditions without sleep the foot. But with the I don't know how exactly to say in English. Is strange for me. The anaesthetic there I don't feel nothing, I don't feel the pain.

Q. Now that you're not worried about the injury, you played freely today for the most part.

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah.

Q. Moving on through the tournament, you can play your game without the worry?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. I'm not worried about nothing now because I know what's going on. I know with that I don't gonna have pain. The previous match I don't know if I really had you know, I had a really difficult injury for me to pass in 2004 in the foot in Estoril.

Is completely different place. Is different history. But I felt something similar during the match of Del Potro. For that reason I was really scared.

But after when I did all the test and the test was positive for me, I am not scared because I know I have to try my best for the rest of the tournament. That's what I gonna do. And I'm ready to play.

Q. So today you feel like you played pretty well overall, very good at times?

RAFAEL NADAL: I play really well the first two sets. Probably I lost a little bit of intensity in the third. Playing in this kind of surface, especially here on grass, if you lost a little bit the intensity, you play less aggressive, is always very difficult, no?

And he did well. He started to play little bit more aggressive, and I was in trouble on the third, the beginning of the fourth, too, a little bit.

Q. What were your reactions to the Federer loss today?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I am sorry for him. He was playing really good tennis in Roland Garros three weeks ago, four weeks ago, and during this tournament I saw him play really, really well.

Today he was winning against a difficult opponent two sets to love, and my opinion playing very good tennis. I left. I didn't see the match. But you know how difficult is this surface, how difficult is everything. Because when you play against one player like Tsonga that he has this fantastic serve, you are under pressure all the time even if you are winning two sets to love, because you have a break, you have few mistakes with your serve, he has a break, probably he has the set. And that's every time.

So you play under pressure all the match. I cannot talk a lot more about the match because I didn't see the rest. I only saw the first two sets. So for him I think he deserved to be there.

Q. Your recent matches with Andy have been semi-finals and you have won them. What mental edge does that give you going into this one?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, every match is completely different. Every year is a different situation. Last year I beat him here in the semi-finals, but was very close match, even if was in straight sets. Second set he had a set point with his serve.

So, you know, the match will be very difficult for me. I think he's playing at very, very high level. We'll see what's going on. For me the last few months of Andy was very, very good. We will see what's going on in that semi-finals. Will be a big challenge for me, and I gonna try my best.

For sure I always enjoy playing these kind of matches. For me be in semi-finals is a very positive result, so very happy for that. Right now everything is to win. I have to enjoy the moment, play aggressive. Only like this I going to have any chance to be in the final.

Q. Is Andy a better player this year than he was at this time last year?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know.

Q. Both your Wimbledon matches you've won in straight sets against Andy. Is that a surprise? What difficult challenge will you expect from Andy?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think I played two fantastic matches against Andy. 2008 probably was a different situation because Andy started to play really well that year, but especially after that.

I think after that was the year he started winning in Cincinnati, after he won in Madrid. But before that he was there. Very, very good player for sure.

But last year was a real match. He was in the top conditions, the same conditions than me. Probably this year he has a little bit more experience. He's playing fine. He's playing very well, having final in Australia, semi-finals in Roland Garros, now semi-finals another time here.

So he's having a very successful season, in my opinion. So he's with big confidence. Anyway, the previous matches doesn't affect the match of Friday.

Q. You mentioned the two of you have been able to become good friends off the court. I wonder how often you saw him off the court and what kind of things you did together?

RAFAEL NADAL: Normally we play PlayStation outside the court when we are in the same hotels in the tournament. Now he really don't want to play more. He lost the last few times (smiling). Well, no, seriously. Well, seriously, that's true. He lost almost every time. He played with his friend Danny against Monaco and me, and we won.

Q. Did you meet the golfer Rory McIlroy when he was here?

RAFAEL NADAL: I met him yesterday. I talked with him half an hour in the locker room.

Q. Did you get invited to play golf with him?

RAFAEL NADAL: I hope so in the future. Any day when our agendas will be in the same moment free. So I would love to play golf with him. For me is an honour know him, and for sure it will be a dream for me play golf with him any day.

Q. Mardy Fish did not have a fantastic serving day today. Could you speak about what he did that was a challenge for you. Talk about how you thought Mardy played.

RAFAEL NADAL: I think Mardy improved his level, especially the last few years. And last year I think he had a fantastic season.

I have a question, sorry. In Cincinnati he played the final last year or he played the semifinal?

Q. The final.

RAFAEL NADAL: Final against Roger, no?

Q. Yes.

RAFAEL NADAL: So he's doing well. I think he's more solid player than few years ago, for sure. He's playing much better with the forehand than before. Because always he had a very good backhand and very good serve and good volley, but the forehand, in my opinion, he's hitting much better the forehand than before. And probably his movements are better than before.

So I think the mental part is important. Seriously, in the past he probably was little bit more irregular player. Now he's able to play more focus most of the time. In my opinion, his level in general improved a lot for that reason. I am always in trouble playing against him. I think everybody is in trouble playing against Mardy. He's a very good player.

Q. 2004 Estoril, before you became a big, big player, could you talk about what the foot injury was there.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I had to stop for three months and a half.

Q. What was the foot injury?

RAFAEL NADAL: I had a stress fracture.

Q. So that's what it felt like two days ago?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's not the same place. I told you. Is a completely different place. I felt something similar, but I am lucky that is nothing like this.

Source

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyDim 3 Juil 2011 - 11:53

R. Nadal - semi-final

R. Nadal bt. A. Murray 5 7, 6 2, 6 2, 6 4

Friday, 1 July 2011

Q. You didn't look very much like the No. 2 player in the world today.

RAFAEL NADAL: For me, seriously, that's something that really doesn't matter a lot. You know, I said last year when I was No. 3 or No. 4. I said when I was No. 1 for me is not a big goal for me.

For me big goal is be competitive, be healthy. Be competitive every time when I am on court and try to be at my best in the important moments, no, in all the tournaments, because all the tournaments are important, no?

Yeah, today I lost the No. 1. I did lost the No. 1. One guy played unbelievable the first half of the year so he's the new No. 1. We just can congratulate him because what he did this first part of the season is something really impressive, really fantastic.

I am happy about how I did. I think in normal conditions I would be No. 1 or a lot of chances to keep being the No. 1 for me for a few more time, because my results are really good the first part of the season, too. But one guy did unbelievable, and congratulations.

Q. Zero unforced errors in the second set, two in the third, one in the fourth. How did you manage?

RAFAEL NADAL: Total seven, yeah, and 37 winners, so the statistics are really unbelievable. The true, I don't know. The statistics is something that we have to have a look about the statistics, but not everything is statistics, no?

In general, I think Andy played very, very high level especially the first set and the beginning of the second, too. Seriously I felt he was better player than me at that moment, so I just waited for my moment.

I felt that I am playing well the first set, too, but he was playing really good, really aggressive, serving really well. I was there all the time. I was little bit lucky I don't know exactly the first or second game of the second set with 15 30, he had an easy forehand in the middle of the court and he miss. He miss the shot long. So after that was probably the turning point of the match.

I think after that he had a bad game with his serve. He had 30 15, and he had unforced error with the forehand, double fault, and after he miss a smash.

After that, the match was close, because I was playing well, too. He lost probably little bit the intensity of the beginning. But that's true, play like he played in the first set is not easy. Is really difficult. He played really complete tennis.

After that I think I played little bit better than the beginning. I was playing well the beginning, but probably I improved little bit the level, and I played probably my best match this year here.

Q. Statistics are not important, but you played five finals in Wimbledon of the last five tournaments you played here. That is a great statistic. What do you think about that? Because only Borg, McEnroe and Federer have done it.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it's something for me very important. Always Wimbledon was my dream. After is my 2003, 2005, and after five finals, so it's my seventh Wimbledon probably in my career. Seventh? Eighth?

Q. Seventh.

RAFAEL NADAL: Seventh, so... I never thought that I gonna be able to play five finals, so today is a very important victory for me and very happy for everything, no?

I think is a great effort after, you know, four years without a Spanish playing the semifinals or finals here. After the last five years well, not 2009 but in five years we were there, have a Spanish in the final, so that's a fantastic news for me, but I think for our country, too.

Q. Back in 1999 Agassi became No. 1 in the world and he had to play the final with Sampras and he but lost to Sampras. The next day Agassi was No.1 but Sampras was the Wimbledon champion. Would you like to see the same scenario?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes (smiling).

Q. When you walked out of the court you said you were sorry for Andy. How do you manage to be so competitive when you're on the court, and as soon as you are off the court you think with your heart about your competitors?

RAFAEL NADAL: I felt that during the court, too. I'm not a robot when I'm playing. I think.

Andy probably deserved to be Grand Slam winner. He's the best player without a title of Grand Slam that I ever see. So he deserve to be a champion of Grand Slam. Always he was there: final in Australia, semifinals Roland Garros, semifinals here another time. That's tough. I understand, no?

Is not easy for him be there all the time and finally he lost another time. But he's doing well. He's in the right way to win a Grand Slam. I always say the same. But that's what I feel, you know. I feel the reason is he needs little bit more lucky for moments and he will win. I still don't have any doubt on that.

Q. What are your thoughts about playing against Novak, and what do you think is the key to the match?

RAFAEL NADAL: The key is play really well and to wait the opponent don't have his best day. That is the key in these kind of matches, when you play against the best players of the world, you know.

His mental position over me today is probably a little bit better because he won the last four finals against me. And that's what it is. I'm here. I'm try my best. I think I'm playing well, really well.

We will see what's going on on Sunday, no? I will try my best. I have to play aggressive. I have to play with intensity, with rhythm. That's what I gonna try.

Q. What aspect of Novak's game will you find most challenging to overcome?

RAFAEL NADAL: Everything. Yeah.

Q. With Novak, do you think you have any advantage, perhaps even on this surface, more than clay against him? And do you think since you've been to this stage of the tournament before and he hasn't, that that might also be an advantage for you?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I don't have an advantage here more than clay. I am better player on clay than grass. That's the true.

Q. Maybe you're a better player on grass than he is on clay.

RAFAEL NADAL: You know what? Playing two semifinals and now the final, probably he's not a bad player on grass, too. That's my feeling. Yeah.

Q. You're obviously aware of the magnitude of your achievements. How often do you think of the number 16?

RAFAEL NADAL: Of what?

Q. Grand Slams.

RAFAEL NADAL: The number 16? I think about the number 10. That's what I have at home. That's what I'm able to see when I go back home in my bedroom. I don't have 11, I don't have 12, I don't have 15, or 16. 16 is very far. I believe the number is not gonna stop there. Roger will have more chances to win more.

Seriously, is not my goal. Disappointing is not my goal. But I am very happy about my 10. I gonna try my best to keep being competitive in important tournaments, and we will see in the next years what's going on. We'll see Sunday. We'll see in the future what's going on.

The career of Roger is probably impossible to repeat. You know, if you look of the history of tennis, he's the player with more Grand Slams in I don't know how many years of history of the tennis, 100?

Q. 125 this year.

RAFAEL NADAL: Is gonna be strange he's the player with more Grand Slams ever. Gonna be strange that three years, four years after one player win more than the best ever, no? So probably that's not gonna happen.

Q. You had issues with your foot earlier in the competition. Was that an issue at all today, and will it be in the final on Sunday?

RAFAEL NADAL: I talked about the foot the other day. I said how was the problem, how is my foot. Is exactly the same than a few days ago. I did exactly the same than in the previous match.

So I said two days ago I not worried about the foot. I know what's going on. I know with the treatment that I am doing to play I don't gonna have any problem. I don't feel nothing.

Q. This attitude of yours focusing on the competition and the preparation and the health, not so much on the numbers and the results, is that something that's always come that easy to you?

RAFAEL NADAL: Don't think about the?

Q. When you speak about not caring about numbers, results, and records, you talk about focusing being on competitive, preparation. Is it an attitude that's always been like that for you?

RAFAEL NADAL: Seriously, I care about records, I care about the statistics, and I care about the history of tennis, for sure. But, you know, is not the right moment for me to talk about that. I have 25 years old. I am playing.

And talk about the history when I don't know when my career is going to finish is probably something that is to talk. We will see when I finish my career where I am in the history of tennis. We will see what's going on.

Right now for me, my history is I am in the final of Wimbledon. Very happy for that. I will have a very difficult match on Sunday. Let's enjoy it. Let's try my best on Sunday. That's my history today.

The history of tennis, we'll have time to talk about it.

Q. There are many statistics in the game. Which ones to you are the most important?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know which way you are talking.

Q. Majors won, weeks at No. 1, Davis Cup.

RAFAEL NADAL: I am not a specialist on that, so we have to look around and see about different facts. In my opinion, for sure the Grand Slam is probably the most important thing.

But is a mistake think only about the Grand Slams, because the tennis is much more than four tournaments every year, you know.

For me the records of Roger are unbelievable. 16 Grand Slams are unbelievable. But he has a few probably more difficult things to do or more unbelievable things to do. I don't know. He have 23 or 24 straight semifinals in Grand Slams. That's really unbelievable.

In my opinion, for me is much more difficult win in the clay season Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome, Madrid, Hamburg a few years ago, than win Roland Garros. Seems like the most important thing is Roland Garros, is true.

But if we talk about the quality of tennis, is much more difficult win the other four than win Roland Garros. Probably that's for the history didn't count that much for the spectators.

But for the people of tennis and for the people who love this sport and who understand this sport from inside, everybody knows that's more difficult than win a Grand Slam.

You know, Andy Murray today didn't win a Grand Slam, but he's much more better player than a lot of player who won a Grand Slam in the past. That's the true.

Q. Your head to heads against your opponents, is that important?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't think so. Is another fact, but is nothing really decisive, in my opinion.

Q. Having your family, your mother, father, sister, does it help you to relax or does it change the focus in any way?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. For me seriously doesn't matter, no? I am happy to be with them here. They are supporting me here. They are with me during the day off. I like to be with people. I don't like a lot to be alone. If more people are here is a little bit more fun for me during the free hours.

So for me is always a pleasure have the family around, have my team around, the people who are close to me around me, because that's makes me happy. Seems like I'm more at home.

Q. How would you describe Novak's ability to defend, his movements around the court compared to some other players you've played against? Is he among the best, the quickest or...

RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think his game is really complete defending. When he attack, too. Probably he's defending a little bit better than previous years this year.

But in my opinion, his general game, his total game, is really complete: good serve, very good movements, very easy, his eyes are very fast, and he can go inside the court very easy playing very difficult shots. Very easy for him because he takes the ball very early.

In my opinion, his biggest ability is take the ball very early. That's something very difficult. Roger do very well, too. That's something very difficult, and they do very easy.

Source

Ginie

Top 10
Top 10
Ginie

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyDim 3 Juil 2011 - 18:49

Nadal: "J'ai perdu contre le meilleur joueur du monde"

03/07/2011-[20:33] - Sports.fr

Rafael Nadal a perdu son titre à Wimbledon en s’inclinant ce dimanche en finale contre Novak Djokovic (6-4, 6-1, 1-6, 6-3). "J’ai perdu contre le meilleur joueur du moment et contre le meilleur joueur du monde puisqu’il le sera demain (lundi), a réagi l’Espagnol en conférence de presse. Le tennis est un sport simple. Il faut juste être présent dans les moments importants. Aujourd’hui, je ne l’ai pas été. Je fais un mauvais jeu à 4-5 au premier set et un autre à 3-4 au quatrième." Nadal pense toutefois que l’état de grâce de Djokovic ne durera pas : "Globalement, je dois jouer plus long, plus agressif et commettre moins de fautes. C’est un joueur complet. Mon expérience me dit que son niveau ne durera pas. Je vais attendre mon moment pour tenter de le battre. Il faut travailler."

Source

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Dans un cabanon perdu en Espagne

Membre n° : 3

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 EmptyLun 4 Juil 2011 - 14:19

Nadal se console

Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 736287-8735051-317-238

Nullement troublé par la perte de la première place mondiale, Rafael Nadal s'est consolé en se hissant pour la cinquième fois en finale de Wimbledon. Bousculé en début de rencontre, l'Espagnol a finalement eu raison de l'Ecossais Andy Murray en quatre manches (5-7, 6-2, 6-2, 6-4).

Dépossédé de sa première place mondiale avant même d'entrer sur un Centre Court à la suite de la victoire de Novak Djokovic face à Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Rafael Nadal n'a pas semblé en souffrir une seule seconde en demi-finale face à Andy Murray. Invaincu au All England depuis la finale de l'édition 2007, le futur ex-roi de la discipline a ajouté une vingtième victoire consécutive à sa formidable série sur le gazon londonien en écartant promptement l'Ecossais, qui ne devient donc pas le premier Britannique à se hisser en finale de Wimbledon depuis Bunny Austin en 1938.

Il suffit parfois d'un grain de poussière pour enrayer une machine parfaitement huilée. Pendant plus d'une heure, Andy Murray a donné le sentiment d'avoir les armes pour passer le cap Rafa. Impressionnant sur son engagement avec 83% des points remportés derrière sa première balle, très agressif, n'hésitant pas enchainer service-volée, le sujet de sa Majesté a enflammé le public du Court Central pendant plus d'un set avant d'inexplicablement disparaitre des ondes. En passe de s'offrir deux balles de break à 2-1 en sa faveur dans la deuxième manche, l'Ecossais a manqué un coup droit tout fait. Une faute grossière qui allait totalement le faire sortir de son match. Si solide en début de match, le numéro 4 mondial a ensuite donné le bâton pour se faire battre, commettant une ribambelle de fautes de directes (39), rédhibitoires face un adversaire de la trempe de Nadal.

Nadal : "Mon meilleur match"

"Tout le monde me parle de ce coup droit (raté) au quatrième jeu du deuxième set. C'était un point important, mais on ne peut pas réduire un match de presque trois heures à un seul poin", comme le dit Murray, résumer la qualification du Majorquin pour une cinquième finale à Wimbledon aux simples fautes adverses serait un peu restrictif et pas vraiment honnête. Même si l'Ecossais lui a considérablement facilité la tâche, le taureau de Manacor a su répondre présent et réciter un tennis proche de la perfection pour avoir le droit d'affronter son successeur sur le trône de l'ATP. Au cours des trois derniers actes, celui qui détient encore la couronne de la discipline pendant deux jours a fait une véritable démonstration en faisant étalage de l'étendue de son arsenal.

Toujours aussi impressionnant, doté de qualités défensives et d'une vitesse déplacement hors du commun, Nadal a réduit au silence les supporters de la Murray Moutain en se montrant comme à son habitude impérial en fond de court (37 coups gagnants pour seulement 7 fautes directes) mais aussi très solide au filet (21 montées victorieuses sur 26) et derrière sa première balle (81% des points gagnés). "Andy a joué à un haut niveau au premier set. A ce moment-là, il jouait mieux que moi. J'ai simplement attendu que mon tour vienne. Après ça, j'ai joué probablement mon meilleur match de l'année ici", a commenté l'Espagnol. L'écart était immense, la marche bien trop haute pour Murray qui n'a rien pu faire pour empêcher le duel au sommet dimanche entre le futur et le futur-ex numéro un mondial. Les deux hommes ne pouvaient espérer plus belle scène que le Centre Court de Wimbledon pour s'expliquer.

www.eurosport.fr

Contenu sponsorisé

• Profil •

MessageSujet: Re: Wimbledon 2011   Wimbledon 2011 - Page 2 Empty

Wimbledon 2011

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 2 sur 3 Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3  Suivant