RAFAEL NADAL FORUM

Un forum complet dédié au numéro 2 mondial Rafael Nadal ainsi qu'à tous les autres joueurs du circuit ATP.
Pour tous les amoureux et passionnés de tennis.

Le deal à ne pas rater :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où acheter le coffret dresseur ...
Voir le deal

Itw & Conférences de Presse

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant
Auteur Message

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA
Féminin Localisation : Paris

Membre n° : 2

Itw & Conférences de Presse Vide
MessageSujet: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMar 7 Aoû 2007 - 20:10

Pour répertorier tout ce qui porte des guillemets.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Dans un cabanon perdu en Espagne

Membre n° : 3

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyVen 10 Aoû 2007 - 16:02

An interview with Andy Roddick

August 9, 2007
A. RODDICK/M. Baghdatis
6‑2, 6‑3

ANDY RODDICK

Q. You said you weren't too happy yesterday about the way you played. How was it today? Seemed to be easier.
ANDY RODDICK: No, I don't know if I said I wasn't happy. I said it was difficult to play in the wind yesterday. You know, you weren't feeling like you were getting clean hits on the ball.
Tonight I felt like I was hitting it about as clean as I can.

Q. How about your next opponent, Djokovic? Have you met him?
ANDY RODDICK: We've never played. I guess it's a rarity when you have the 3 and 4 guys in the world playing in the quarterfinals of an event. But I guess that's the way it shook out this week.
He's had a great year. I'm looking forward to it.

Q. It's going to be a game of powerful services?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, hopefully. I feel like I could have actually ‑‑ that's the one thing I probably could have done a little bit better tonight, is serving. But we'll see. I'm sure there will be some baseline rallies. Like I said, he's been playing great. So I'm looking ‑‑ I'm going to have to play well.

Q. Tell me more about the game of Baghdatis tonight.
ANDY RODDICK: Tell you more about it? What do you want me to tell you? You want me to just talk about him?

Q. About your opponent tonight, Baghdatis.
ANDY RODDICK: What about him?

Q. Tell me how he played tonight.
ANDY RODDICK: How he played? Well, I thought he played maybe not up to his ability in the first set. But I thought he played better in the second set. I felt like I played really well tonight and I felt like I had to, you know, against a player of his ability.

site officiel
http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/fr/draws/interviews/roddick_09.asp

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptySam 11 Aoû 2007 - 15:27

August 10, 2007
N. DJOKOVIC/A. Roddick
7‑6, 6‑4

Q. So what do you think was the reason for your loss today?
ANDY RODDICK: There wasn't much between us, you know. And I actually felt like I played ‑‑ it was unfortunate to lose the first set. I felt like I played pretty well.
I'm hitting the ball really well. I just need to find that fine line between being patient and being aggressive.
I feel like I'm on the verge of that. I actually feel pretty good after, considering I lost.

Q. I guess with the two days off with the bye's this time, any effect from Washington? Any fatigue effect or are you feeling pretty good?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I feel fine physically. You know, having the bye helped a lot. In the first round the conditions were a little tough so I didn't feel totally comfortable. But last night and to today, I felt like from the baseline I hit the ball pretty well. Now I just need to get the other parts going, and I feel like I can do that.

Q. What is it about his game that impresses you?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, he's solid. You know. He never plays himself out of a point. He's able to kind of hit four spots on the court from any position. You know, by 'four spots': short, deep, up the line and crosscourt, each way.
And he's playing confident tennis right now. He's kind of gotten on a roll, and is kind of still riding that ‑‑ maybe that high of breaking through. So, you know, he's a confident player right now.

Q. Your serve, Djokovic was returning very good your serve. Was this the game?
ANDY RODDICK: Was what?

Q. Was this the game?
ANDY RODDICK: Was that the game? Yes, and no. I felt like the first set I had more chances on his serve than he did on mine. My percentage was a little low in the second set. But I would say it was more so, you know, his passing shots and kind of the way he was able to keep himself in the points.

Q. Is he a more difficult player to hit through than many?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, a lot of them, yeah. I mean, he's solid. There's no doubt about it. He doesn't give a lot of free points. Like I said, he's able to move the ball around pretty well.

Q. Is there anything particular you would try to do differently if you played him again now?
ANDY RODDICK: Sure.

Q. Anything specific?
ANDY RODDICK: Why would I tell you?

Q. No, I mean, I'm not asking you ‑‑
ANDY RODDICK: What good would come out of me telling you (laughter)?

Q. No, you were saying there are little things that you're working on, you just need to find the balance between aggressiveness and patience. Are you talking about a transition and that kind of thing?
ANDY RODDICK: Yes.

Site Off du tournoi
http://www.rogerscupmen.com/2/fr/draws/interviews/roddick_10.asp

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptySam 11 Aoû 2007 - 17:32

on sent pas du tout les réponses du mec qui préfererait se caler le fessier ds un canapé à mater le dernier épisode disponible de "the office" ! Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptySam 11 Aoû 2007 - 17:47

Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714 j'y avais pas pensé comme ça, mais le fond de ta pensée était aussi la mienne Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

Membre n° : 1

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMar 28 Aoû 2007 - 13:45

Monday, August 27, 2007

Itw & Conférences de Presse Atpr485

THE MODERATOR: Questions.

Q. How was that hit today?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, it was good. I got here a week ago. I've gotten in a lot of practices. So feeling good.

Q. What was the US Open Series shoot like? Was it as much fun as it looked? Other players? Just you?
ANDY RODDICK: No, we all did it. I think everybody did it alone, with the exception of the Bryans.
It was fun. It was pretty quick. I think they did a pretty good job. I don't know if any of us knew they were going to show out takes. But, you know, it's nice. It kind of takes us out of our element a little bit.

Q. Was it mostly off the cuff or scripted?
ANDY RODDICK: Mostly scripted. I guess they used more of the stuff we said in between takes.

Q. What were you working on in practice after Cincinnati?
ANDY RODDICK: Just getting forward. Just staying my ground. You know, Washington and Montréal, I felt like I was hitting the ball pretty well. Even when I lost to Djokovic I felt like I was hitting the ball decent.
In Cincinnati, played just a really bad match against Ferrer. That's annoying in itself. But also the way I played was bad. It was reverting back to standing too far back, kind of letting him control points.
This whole week we've just been working on that. I feel a lot better.

Q. John Isner is a guy that went to the same school your brother did. Had a chance to see him in Washington. Can you give us a scouting report?
ANDY RODDICK: It's going to be tough for Isner not to win tennis matches just because of the way he serves. You know, he can be playing terribly in every other aspect and still have a chance to win a match just because, you know, he's gonna be in service games.
That being said, he can do other things out there, as well. You know, to come on the tour and win matches and beat good players right away is impressive. He was winning tight matches as well, which is a good sign.

Q. The first year, could he have a lot of success, maybe fall back just a little bit? Sam Querrey might have had a bit of that.
ANDY RODDICK: Let's have him have the success before we have already having him falling back.

Q. You mentioned standing too far back. Is this something you constantly have to remind yourself on?
ANDY RODDICK: Sure. You know, growing up I was pretty small, so that was my natural way of playing. Just kind of running around. Know I've kind of grown into myself. It's something I have to work on. It's something that Jimmy and I have to work on.
In that match things didn't feel good. I kind of reverted back. That's the things that probably upset both of us the most. That's why I was pretty mad after that one. Losing is part it happens, but losing in the wrong ways isn't acceptable.
So I'm glad we've been able to get up here and get repetitions in. I feel a lot better about where my game is than I did a week ago.

Q. Do you feel comfortable, though, when you're moving forward all the time? You're saying you grew up playing a particular way.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I do. I feel fine doing it. I've had success doing it over the last year, but it's something that I have to practice. It's something that I have to work on, you know, and remind myself to do.

Q. As first round matches go, does Justin offer a more difficult challenge than other players?
ANDY RODDICK: Justin's tough because you know you're not going to get that match where you're hitting a lot of balls, kind of work your way into a match. He's going to play a little bit kamikaze. First ball he gets, he's just going to crush it, crush it, get in, be all arms and legs up there.
It is a little bit uncomfortable.

Q. Federer has owned this tournament for a while now. What is it going to take for you to get on that roll you've been on before here?
ANDY RODDICK: What question are you asking me? Because Federer has nothing to do with me getting on a roll.

Q. You've won here before.

Q. Getting on the roll, is your game where it can be to get on that roll again and take this?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, well, the thing about getting on a roll is getting through the first round, then getting through the second round, so on and so forth.
I feel fine. I've been hitting the ball really well in practice. I've started serving well in practice. I've been playing the right way in practice. So, you know, there's no reason why I can't make a run here.

Q. How do you compare your championship year 2003 to last year when you were playing extremely well and lost in four sets in the final?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, it depends on what aspect you're asking about. Are you asking tennis wise?

Q. Your style changed. New coach.
ANDY RODDICK: Style is a lot different. I think the game from '03, I could stand back and kind of muscle my way out of positions. Since then, I think a lot of our people are predicting big serving taking over, all that.
It actually went the opposite way with people moving, becoming better athletes on the court. When that happened I don't know if I was able to stay back as much, so I kind of had to adjust. So I feel like I played different ways in those two runs.

Q. How much do you think injuries in tennis are the result of tennis mechanics as opposed to the body? Roger Federer we kind of think of as a fluid player, seems to have avoided a lot of the injuries that other players on the tour have suffered. Do you think that's a factor at all?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, but I don't know if that's specific to tennis. I feel like that has a lot to do with things in most sports. You know, if someone has good technique and they do things the right way, I think there's a lot less room for error as far as injury goes.

Q. Did you watch Mardy and James?
ANDY RODDICK: I didn't. I was getting dinner. I don't know, that's a match that's uncomfortable for me to watch personally. I didn't watch it.

Q. You've been here a long time in this spot. Are you just as excited now as you were five years ago sitting in this chair getting ready for the US Open?
ANDY RODDICK: Sure. You know, there's no tennis event like this one, you know, with the electricity and the buzz, the tennis at night. When I'm driving in and I'm 10 days out of the tournament still, you first get in the city and you still get those butterflies, you still get a little anxious. When that feeling goes away, then I'll worry.

Q. Have you been up to the new weight room?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah.

Q. What do you think?
ANDY RODDICK: I think it's great. The transformations this place has made over this last year is just night and day for the players. The locker rooms are huge now.
We went through and counted, and I think there's like 18 flat screens in the locker room now. We're very spoiled in there. We got our fix of different sports. With the weight room, I think the food's a lot better, you know, credit to the USTA. I guess they've listened to the players' complaints and done their best to adjust.

Q. Could you rate the weight room here with the other Grand Slam weight rooms?
ANDY RODDICK: I think the locker room and the weight room, it might have gone from worst to first. I mean, I think in comparison to the other slams there's not a weight room like it, no.

Q. You were talking about the night matches before. Do you prefer the night matches to the day matches here?
ANDY RODDICK: Uhm, I don't know. I look forward to the night matches just because they're such a part of the US Open. But, you know, I don't know if I have a strong preference either way. I like watching the night matches. I think they definitely have a little bit more buzz than the day matches.
But, you know, either way is fine.

Q. Do they help the big server, do you think?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I don't know if playing when the sun's up or playing under the lights really affects a serve too much.

Q. I mean, picking it up for the return?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I mean, the lights are so good out there that it's not tough to pick up the ball at night.

Q. Besides tennis, what do you like to do in New York?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, there's no better city for people watching, that's for sure. You know, they have great restaurants. I could probably think of a lot of other boring things to tell you guys.
I don't know. I mean, when we're here, you're kind of focused on business. But there's so many cool aspects of New York. Personally, like I said, I just enjoy walking around and people watching.

Q. Do you feel like you're working the point a little more nowadays as opposed to three years ago when you might have ended points quicker?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. You know, when I'm playing well, I feel like I can I have the ability to work the point a little bit more. You know, that's the point when I'm playing my best tennis is when I feel like I have options, you know, to play the way I need to dependent upon how I need to, who I'm playing.

Q. Something you and Jimmy talk about?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. You know, it's all part of basic strategy. Against some guys you're going to be able to be a little bit more patient, against some guys you're going to have to take some risks.

Q. Do you think stadium court is tailored for you: Fast enough to get through, but gritty enough for your kick serve?
ANDY RODDICK: I like the stadium court. I feel like the ball bounces up. I've always felt pretty comfortable out there. I kind of know the ins and outs, the little things, like the wind out there, the way the ball sounds.
I remember the first time I walked out there. It just seemed so big. It's unlike any other court. So I think, you know, that's a bit of an advantage for me if I'm going against someone who hasn't played a lot out there.

Q. Do you think Roger is as big a favorite as he was last year?
ANDY RODDICK: As he was last year?

Q. Here.
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I mean, how do you rate that?

Q. Three out of four Masters Series on hard courts. Wins Cincy, but loses Montréal, Indian Wells and Miami. He wins Cincinnati, so maybe he has all the momentum, but maybe he doesn't because Djokovic is playing well.
ANDY RODDICK: That's a lot more thinking than I think we put into it, to be honest (laughter).
I mean, he's the favorite. The way I see it, there's the favorite and then there's people trying to unseat the favorite. He's the favorite.

Q. What was your reaction to the draw, possible match up with Federer in the quarters?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I mean, it's not I think everybody else is making you know, it's more relevant for you guys to write about. I have to get there before it becomes relevant to me. That's kind of the way I see it.

Q. Does this feel like the same situation you were in last year coming in, you kind of struggled a bit during the summer, then came in here and got to the final? Do you feel you're in a similar situation?
ANDY RODDICK: Not really. Last year, my struggle, I would have loved to say was a tournament or two. This year I feel like maybe it was maybe a tournament. I don't feel like they're that similar.

Q. Any irony in playing Justin two slams in a row? Looks like this might be his last one.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I think the odds are like 1 in 9600 or something when you do the math. That's not as much as, what did they pull six qualifiers in a row the top of the draw? That's like one in 120,000, 130,000 something.
Yeah, obviously you see it and you have a quick laugh. I sent him a quick note, said, What do you think of that? He didn't know what I was talking about. He hadn't seen the draw yet, so... I guess I informed him.

Q. Any discussion of the Davydenko match at the meeting yesterday?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't think so. I was playing rock, paper, scissors in the back with the guy next to me (smiling).

No, I think Etienne has been pretty straightforward. I think we learned about the same time as you guys do that there's an investigation going on, that there's three people involved. I think, to his credit, he's been pretty forthcoming with details. I don't know if we know anything more than you guys do right now.

Q. Does that concern you, that issue?
ANDY RODDICK: No. I'm pretty confident it's an isolated event. Until we know something, until due process takes its course, you can't really say anything. It would worry me if they found there was something going on and nothing happened then.
But it's disappointing. You don't want to hear about it. You don't want tennis' story lines to be that. It is what it is.
I'm happy that at least they're putting forth the effort to investigate it and to kind of take care of it and try to make sure it's an isolated event.

site officiel
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2007-08-27/200708271188229667218.html

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyVen 31 Aoû 2007 - 12:19

An Interview with Andy Roddick

Thursday, August 30, 2007
(USO 2nd Round)

Q. Yesterday Mardy Fish said that if a guy named Roger wasn't around, Andy might have a couple more Slams. I think Andy for sure would have two or three more, and James might have won the US Open last year or the year before. Any comment on that?
ANDY RODDICK: No.

Q. Can you talk about Acasuso in the first set, his game, how he played a little bit against you?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I thought he was hitting the ball pretty well. You know, one break. I had chances. I didn't convert. Even after the first set, I wasn't panicked.
I felt like, you know, I didn't mind the way the points were going. I was going to see if he could keep it up for an entire five set match.

Q. Can you talk about playing here in New York, how this tournament might be a little bit different from other tournaments.
ANDY RODDICK: Well, I've been saying it since I got here. But there's a buzz around this tournament that you don't get around most tennis events. I don't think New York City plays a small part in that at all.
I think having night sessions and the way they kind of promote the history of the game here with Billie Jean last year and obviously Arthur's name on the stadium, with the Althea Gibson tribute here, I think it adds another dimension where it's not just another tennis tournament, but an event as well.

Q. How long did it take for you to get over the 2005 mojo debacle? Did it wear on you to meet with the American Express people after it was over and say, You guys don't ever do that again?
ANDY RODDICK: Not really. I feel like you take your lumps and move on. I can honestly say I probably haven't thought about it since.
You know, in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't a big deal for me.

Q. When you broke for 5 2 in that third set, it was a wonderful volley exchange. You said something afterwards. Do you remember what you said?
ANDY RODDICK: No.

Q. It seems a better competition this one if the past was only Federer/Nadal. Now it also seems like you, Djokovic, Blake in good form. How do you think on this?
ANDY RODDICK: The fact that there are other people in good form?

Q. There are a lot of players in good form during this one.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, you know, I feel like some of the top guys, like James and Novak, are hitting their stride at the right time coming into the US Open, which is giving people maybe a little bit more to talk about.

Q. You really seemed to have a lot of momentum after that volley exchange, the love service game. Is any disappointment that you couldn't keep playing, that he did have to default?
ANDY RODDICK: Sure. I don't think you like winning matches like that. Especially I felt like I was starting to play okay and make returns and react. But at the end of the day, your goal is to get through and to give yourself a chance to play in the third round.
I'm going to be able to. It's all right.

Q. You have a pretty stellar tiebreak record this year. Can you talk about the importance of managing tiebreaks tactically and mentally, particularly at a Slam where you could take one in the fifth set?
ANDY RODDICK: I feel like I have a bit of an advantage playing tiebreakers just because I've played so many in my career. I got on a little bit of a hot streak I think after the French where I reeled off 17 or 18 in a row. That will pad the stats a little bit as far as tiebreakers go.
It's not a new position for me, especially in big tournaments, playing breakers. It's something I'm used to. Obviously I think having a big serve where you can get a couple maybe free points in a breaker helps as well.

Q. Do you practice it more coming into the hard court season?
ANDY RODDICK: Not really. You play practice sets. Sometimes you get to a breaker, then you practice them.
To be honest, I feel like it's really tough to just say, Okay, we're going to play a tiebreaker without playing the set leading up and just we're going to start. It's tough to really simulate that kind of atmosphere.

Q. If you were giving a scouting report on Federer against John Isner, how do you see that match playing out?
ANDY RODDICK: Isner's going to be very tall and Roger's going to be very good.
You know, it's going to be interesting. I think if John can get try to get to some breakers, you know, at least hold his serve, then who knows. John probably has a game that can make Roger a little bit more uncomfortable than most people just because you can go game sometimes without hitting a ball.
That being said, Roger's done well against big servers, myself included. It will be interesting to watch. I think Roger's going to definitely try to get that early break in the first set, just kind of get out in front. I think that's going to be a key.

Q. You play so much tennis, so much on hard courts. I don't think you have tendinitis issues. If not, why not? Is there an obvious reason to you why that hasn't been an issue for you?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I've had knee tendinitis for five or six years now.

Q. Sorry, I didn't know that.
ANDY RODDICK: But it's something, depending how severe it is, that you can play through. You know, you're not risking months of playing by playing on it. It's going to be really sore. It's going to be really uncomfortable.
Like I said, you're not really risking long term damage, which really begs the question, Are you willing to go out there and just fight it out? Playing a lot on the hard courts, I think it beats you up a little bit.

Q. In basketball, baseball, the whole key is making adjustments for the other team. In this tournament, the day, night, heat, cooler, are there greater adjustments than any of the other slams?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, possibly. I mean, I feel like a hard court just by nature reacts to the weather a lot more. If it's hot out it becomes really fast. If it's cold out it's a little bit slower.
There's a lot more in match adjustments because I feel like it's the most neutral surface. Obviously, you brought up the day tennis versus the night tennis. The conditions always feel a little bit different.
The wind doesn't get talked about a lot here, but it's a sneaky wind which you can definitely notice from side to side. That's something that gets dealt with, as well.

Q. How about playing under the lights? Are the lights here good enough that it doesn't matter?
ANDY RODDICK: No, it doesn't affect you picking up the ball here. The lights are amazing here.

Q. When you were a kid, I have to assume you had birthday parties. Are there any particular that stand out as most memorable for you other than the last five years here?
ANDY RODDICK: Oh, geez. I don't really have birthday parties here because I always have to play. Yeah, I mean, I actually spent a couple of two years of my birthdays up here with my mom. She brought me up here for my birthday to this tournament.
One year was the year Jimmy made his run to the semis. I would I'd get here for the first match and I wouldn't leave till it was over. Those are probably my fondest memories, just sneaking into the nosebleed sections. I actually snuck into the players lounge one time and stole a cheesecake.

Q. Were there any pony rides in your past?
ANDY RODDICK: Pony rides? I'd lie to you if I did take pony rides.

Q. I'm talking about when you were four.
ANDY RODDICK: When I was four? Would you put a four year old on a pony?

Q. Yes.
ANDY RODDICK: Scared, man. I don't know. I mean, I remember going to birthday parties and stuff. We did like push ups and stuff, not pony rides (smiling).

Q. Ever interviewed by an opponent before?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, Justin interviewed me after I beat him in Wimbledon for ESPN afterwards, but not on court. I didn't know that was going to happen. It was a little awkward because I felt like, you know, it was a big moment for Justin.
I didn't feel like anybody wanted to hear what I had to say just because he was pretty much owning the crowd after the match as far as being humorous and stuff. I kind of the just reversed it and let him talk more, which he'll do.

Q. Have you and James Blake ever sat together and talked about each other's game, even in jest, analyzed it critically at all?
ANDY RODDICK: Analyzed it critically? Have James and I sat down and had serious conversations about each other's games? Not really. I mean, I think we'll make fun of each other sometimes.

Q. What would you make fun of?
ANDY RODDICK: There's too many girls out there for us to sit down and talk critically about tennis (smiling).
No, but in all seriousness, not really. Our friendship, I don't know we'll talk about sports, pretty much everything else. I think we kind of leave the I don't know if we're in the position to criticize each other.
I'm not going to go tell him to work on this shot, he comes out and beats me next time. It's a little bit of an awkward situation. I feel like we leave that out of it a little bit.
We'll definitely give each other props. He's the first one, if I play well, to send me a text, and vice versa.

Q. You said you weren't panicking after losing the first set, which makes sense. Were you okay with the way you played the first set?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. I mean, if you look at the game I got broken, he hit three pretty good passing shots. I don't know if I missed the ball in that game. I made some first serves. Probably more upset when I was up Love 40 and I didn't break back.
But I felt like I was hitting the ball okay. I felt like the points were going they weren't going terribly. I didn't feel real uncomfortable out there. I knew that after the first set I could turn it into a long day.

Q. Jonas Bjorkman just said that the Swedes for Davis Cup would not just have a fast court, but it would be like lightening fast, like an ice rink. He said it was because of Johansson's serve. What is your response to that or thoughts on that comment?
ANDY RODDICK: That's fine. That's fine by me. I was surprised when they said they were going to put it on a hard surface.

Q. Do you feel the faster the better in terms of your serve?
ANDY RODDICK: I mean, I think the faster the surface, especially if it's insanely fast like he's talking about, it might be is an equalizer for all parties. I don't feel like it hurts me. Obviously, I feel like I'm going to be able to serve through a pretty fast court.
I think they're trying to make the points short and equalize it as much as they can.

Q. Do you think you're better equipped to deal with the effects of tendinitis because you grew up on the hard courts compared to maybe Jose and also Rafa who have been complaining they need to make sure there aren't more hard court tournaments?
ANDY RODDICK: That's funny. No more hard court tournaments.

Q. Adding to the schedule.
ANDY RODDICK: You play seven months a year on clay if you want to. I'm not going to throw a pity party by any means.
I don't know. I'm not sure. You can look at it one way where you're either used to playing on hard courts or you have years and years and years of damage from playing on the hard courts. I'm not really sure.
When I got it early on, it's better than it used to be for me just because you learn certain exercises you can do, the physical training, what you need to build up to kind of deal with it.

Q. Is it patellar tendinitis?
ANDY RODDICK: Yes.

Q. If a guy can come here, do a little press conference, I don't know if you warmed up, do you think he should try to play a match? I'm talking about Gasquet pulling out. Should he have tried to play the match?
ANDY RODDICK: I mean, it's tough for me to say just because we're not him. We don't know what he was feeling. I can only answer for myself. I mean, if you're sick, you know, I don't feel like that's going to get worse.
I feel like that's a short term thing. I'd probably go out there and give it a go. Probably wouldn't be comfortable.
My biggest thing with playing matches versus not playing matches is if you're risking long term if it's going to affect you longer than just that day or a week or two down the road. That's kind of the way I gauge it.

Q. Did you expect him to retire from this match? At one point when he called the trainer he was shaking his head to his player's box.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I saw him kind of jawing to his box after I got up a break in the second. I knew if I could put the pressure on but at the same time, you don't want a guy to sit back there and then just start swinging free and not caring, and then all of a sudden he's back in it.
I really wanted to bear down there in that third set. It didn't surprise me.

Q. We've seen a lot of players coming from college tennis. What can you say about this way? That wasn't your way, but what can you say about it?
ANDY RODDICK: I mean, are you just asking me what I think about college tennis?

Q. If you don't have potential to be like No. 10 and win the juniors, is that a good way to go?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, I think it's if you're not ready, it's probably the best place for an American to go if they're not ready to turn pro right out of the juniors. It's nice to have that option.
James and I talk about it a lot. He says, you know, it was perfect for him, whereas it would have I don't feel like I would have gotten any better in college.
I think it's just a personal decision. I don't know if you can generalize it with this person should go, this person shouldn't. If there's any doubt, then I think the person maybe should err on the safe side of going to school.
You get someone like Sam Querrey, who was capable of winning matches. I had the conversation with Sam last year when he was thinking about it. I said, Listen, you're going to go in, you're going to be the No. 1 player in the country right away.
You're going to be on a team where you're practicing with guys you're just better than every day. I don't know how much you can improve in that situation.
But, you know, if you're not, you still have something if you have something to strive for, then college a tennis isn't a bad play at all.

Q. Isn't that a reason to go to college? Tennis, and an educational aspect?
ANDY RODDICK: Absolutely. But I figured it was a tennis question because he was talking about professional tennis players.

Q. Why don't you play doubles more?
ANDY RODDICK: Why don't I play doubles more? Because I'm not very good at it.

Q. We haven't heard what you're doing for your birthday. If we promise not to show up, will you tell us?
ANDY RODDICK: Probably not. I don't know. My mom's trying to get together a dinner for me. I have never I've either always been playing the next day or playing that night. I've never actually had an open night for a birthday here. I'm not sure. Probably just a dinner with some friends.

Q. Is there something new with your charity bracelet?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, we just did a red, white and blue one for the US Open Series, then for the Davis Cup semis, as well. Just switching it up a little.

- FastScripts by ASAP Sports -

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2007-08-30/200708301188539656109.html

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyVen 31 Aoû 2007 - 12:23

il est gentil mon homme ms il parle trop je mets toujours trois plombes à poster ses itw !! Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

j'ai meme pas le temps de les lire c'est dramatique ! No

EDIT : je me suis rabattue sur la video, ca dure 15mn le machin l'air de rien ! Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714
ms je me suis trop marée ! :smiling:

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyDim 2 Sep 2007 - 13:48

Saturday, September 1, 2007
A. RODDICK/T. Johansson
6-3, 6-2, 6-0

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Best match since? Most efficient match since?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I played pretty well against Baghdatis in Montréal also. Just the way I was playing was nice. I came off the court happy.

Q. What did Jimmy say to you?
ANDY RODDICK: He said, That's one way to shut me up.

Q. It appears you're going to play Berdych in the next round, although it's still up for grabs. Not much recent experience with him. Four setter on clay. What is your take on him?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, we play kind of similar. I think we both serve big and hit a pretty big ball from the baseline. If that's the case, it's going to come down to a couple points here and there, who converts their chances on the other guy's serve.

Q. Pretty emphatic statement of intent today, it seemed.
ANDY RODDICK: I was looking when I woke up this morning to have an emphatic statement of intent (smiling).

Q. And you did.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, no. Felt good. I wanted to go out and hit the ball and be aggressive, get ahold of my forehand, if I could. I felt like I did that today.

Q. Windy day.
ANDY RODDICK: The wind is always tough out there. It blows. You feel it on the ball even more so than when you're just walking around. You know, I guess by just taking swings, it kind of takes that out of play a little bit.

Q. Do you ever watch video of your win here to try to inspire yourself, that emotion you had in the tournament?
ANDY RODDICK: I've seen it, but I haven't seen it recently. Pretty much when I'm in the locker room before I go on, they show it, pretty much every time.

Q. How does it make you feel when you see it now?
ANDY RODDICK: Good.

Q. Does it seem like a long time ago? Fresh?
ANDY RODDICK: No, it's a little bit ago. It's definitely not fresh. Most things that are four years old aren't fresh. But, uhm, you know, I don't know. It's nice to see it, but at the same time it makes you want it again.

Q. You carried the attention of American men's tennis for so long. Is it at all different today to have a lot of the attention be on John or to just be able to go out and play a match and not have that scrutiny as much?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, it's still there. Isner and Young, they're going to be feel good stories for this tournament. The difference between that pressure and the pressure I have is they lose and it's okay, you know (smiling). But it's nice, you know. It keeps these rooms empty for me during the week (laughter), which I don't mind (laughter).

Q. Is there enough of a curiosity factor that you'll watch the Federer match after here?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. I was watching it a little bit before I came in. Yeah.

Q. What did you think? I think it was 5-5 when you walked in here.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, it's pretty much par for the course. Isner, you know, he's the kind of guy that can go out and play the same match pretty much against every person with that serve, not unlike Karlovic.
He'll go 6-6 against somebody, win or lose. It's kind of a little bit of a coin flip. I think Isner is probably a little bit better after the serve, but Karlovic might serve a little bit bigger, if that's possible. You know, there's no pressure on John right now. I mean, he's just going to go out and wing it. I'm excited to see how he handles it.

Q. There's been a little spate of five set matches recently. Now you've had an abandonment, a pretty breezy match today. How do you feel physically?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I feel fine. I didn't spend a lot of time on court this week. That's one less thing to worry about.

Q. Did you watch James the other night at 12:30 or whatever?
ANDY RODDICK: I did.

Q. What did you think of that match, what it meant for him?
ANDY RODDICK: I thought it was great. As a friend, I just wanted him to get through that one so bad. I didn't want him I sent him a text afterwards. It was fun to watch. I thought he played well the whole way, too. I mean, Fabrice was playing -- the tennis was unbelievable to watch. I think James had one tight game that he had to work through. It definitely wasn't like he was giving the match. I mean, James, I thought he played well. That could end up being a big win for him.

Q. What did you end up doing for your birthday?
ANDY RODDICK: Just went to dinner. Had my mom tell embarrassing stories. That was about it.

Q. What do you think of Appalachian State beating Michigan?
ANDY RODDICK: Unbelievable. You come in, you're watching it, whatever, 31-27. Of course, the guy from Michigan reels off like, what, a 50 yarder. You're like, okay, well. Next thing you look, you get the score. I mean, that's unreal. It's tough for Michigan, though. You know they're a good team. I guess their season's kind of in limbo. Maybe they can ruin Ohio State's season now. That's goal.

Q. A situation where Tim decided to retire from tennis this week. He said yesterday that he felt when he played Tsonga, it was symptomatic of the way the game has gone. Someone who can just go out and hit huge shots, which is why he feels he can no longer contend. Is it a shame in your mind that someone like that, who has the game he has, feels he can't contribute to tennis anymore? In his way, it's become a one dimensional kind of game.
ANDY RODDICK: Well, you know, it's weird, though, because I don't know if I completely agree with that. I can see in Tim's eyes right now it may seem that way. A lot of the guys you see doing well and up at the top, you know, aren't huge servers, first ball hitters. I think it actually went the opposite -- not the opposite way of what Tim is saying. I feel in the late '90s everybody predicted everyone was going to play like Sampras and Ivanisevic, kind of could that thing. Kind of went the opposite way towards movement. I can see -- I think there's a lot more depth as far as the power game goes. You're going to get a guy 80 and 90 in the world who can just rip the cover off the ball, where maybe that wasn't the case when Tim started.

Q. Sad to see him go?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. Tim's one of the good guys. You enjoy it. He went about everything with a lot of class. I was still waiting for him to snap on all of you one time. I feel like he should call a press conference and do it once. You know, I don't think you're going to find someone who doesn't have a lot of respect for Tim.

Q. Do you have any other emotions when you see that 2003 video?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, there's a lot of emotions. You know, I don't know how it would be beneficial to talk about it. It's a good moment for me, but at the same time you just want it again.

Q. Seeing it 15 times, is it almost embarrassing?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I spend all damn day on CBS crying (laughter).

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2007-09-01/200709011188693816937.html

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyDim 2 Sep 2007 - 16:59

Citation :
"Q. What did you end up doing for your birthday?
ANDY RODDICK: Just went to dinner. Had my mom tell embarrassing stories. That was about it."

Blanche... Itw & Conférences de Presse 766216 je la kiffe !! Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

Dernière édition par le Mar 4 Sep 2007 - 10:25, édité 1 fois

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyDim 2 Sep 2007 - 17:35

Faut bien que quelqu'un deblatere sur sa gueule Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyDim 2 Sep 2007 - 17:45

ah mais belle-maman c'est mon héroïne dis toi ! Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714 Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714 Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMar 4 Sep 2007 - 10:36

Monday, September 3, 2007
A. RODDICK/T. Berdych
7-6, 2-0 (ret.)

Q. Is that good or bad, meaning good to win but not much activity?
ANDY RODDICK: You could look at it either way. Unfortunately for Tomas, that's not the way you want to go out. But there's not much I can do about it.

Q. How early did you spot there was something wrong?
ANDY RODDICK: Pretty early. Pretty early in the match.

Q. Was it because he asked for the trainer after the third game?
ANDY RODDICK: I heard him say something to the umpire, I think, early on in the first. Then, of course, I'm trying to eavesdrop on his whole conversation he's having with the trainer, as well, while they're out there, if he's pointing to a leg.

Q. He said he couldn't breathe.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, that's what I heard. That makes tennis difficult.

Q. Do you mind telling us if you went from there to hit some or if you plan to hit any more today?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I went straight out to the practice court from that court.

Q. How long did you spend? Are you feeling you got in a good day?
ANDY RODDICK: 45 minutes, an hour, something like that.

Q. Is it a positive or a negative to be so fresh? You want to be fresh, but do you want to be this fresh?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I don't know if it does too much good to worry about it because it's out of my hands. I know that this is a lot better than being dead tired. Given the two options, I'll take this one.

Q. What did he say to you at the net?
ANDY RODDICK: Nothing. I just asked him what was wrong. He said, you know -- said he was just tired and couldn't really do much. I just told him I hope he got better.

Q. Do you feel like you've been tested? At what points during this tournament do you feel you've been tested? By Johansson?
ANDY RODDICK: I haven't been tested much this tournament so far. I was on the ropes a little bit against Gimel. Acasuso played a good first set. I haven't really played a long, extended match.

Q. Will you watch Federer's match tonight? If so, at this point, do you ever learn anything from watching him on TV?
ANDY RODDICK: I'm not sure. I mean, I think we played each other enough, you kind of know. I don't think I'm going to watch him and discover that he's good tonight, you know. But, yeah, I don't know. I'm not sure.

Q. Will you be rooting one way or another?
ANDY RODDICK: No offense to López, but I'm kind of already preparing for Roger.

Q. Last night Venus was saying either she or her sister could get to the finals. You were playing well, James Blake. She said all of a sudden American tennis is looking pretty good. Could you make a comment on that?
ANDY RODDICK: I just feel like everybody is so fairweather. I feel like it's a process. I don't think it can be judged on a tournament to tournament basis. They're winning tournaments. James and I are at the same rankings we have been for the last little while. There's a little bit of youth in this tournament as far as the men's side. You know, I don't see how it's too much different than it has been. But, you know, there's a good buzz around it, which is a nice change.

Q. Does getting to a quarterfinal mean anything for you? James hasn't been past, but you have. Do you have to make a couple more steps for it to be a successful tournament?
ANDY RODDICK: I'd like to. That's the goal.

Q. You spoke to the physical aspect of not being dead tired, better than the alternative. A Slam usually builds emotionally as well with each round. You haven't gotten into an emotional rhythm.
ANDY RODDICK: An emotional rhythm? You sound like my therapist.

Q. That was my other career goal.
ANDY RODDICK: Congrats.

Q. Can you speak to that? You said you haven't been tested. Now you're going to face the ultimate test maybe. Is that a problem, that you haven't had that mental time to prepare?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. Like I said, you could probably spin it either way you wanted to. You could say I could be fresh mentally or maybe I haven't been freaking out enough over the past two weeks. I don't know. You guys can run with that any way you want. It's kind of out of my hands. I'm going to kind of focus on the task at hand.

Q. Does strategy matter against Roger or do you pretty much have to be perfect or almost perfect?
ANDY RODDICK: No, I think strategy matters. You know, but you have to have your strategy and then you have to be able to execute it.

Q. Is there a difference playing him in the quarters and playing him in the final? Is there any benefit at all to get him in the quarters?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I've never played him in the quarters.

Q. Anything comparable for him today to the way you felt in the semifinals in Indianapolis?
ANDY RODDICK: Probably. Probably. I don't know exactly. I might be commenting out of complete ignorance here because I'm not actually sure what Tomas' problem was. Indy I felt horrible. You feel like you're kind of going through the motions. That's kind of what it looked like with him, especially early on in the second set after he kind of lost maybe his even the emotional hope after the first set. I don't know a tennis player who hasn't been there before when your body's just not reacting. I can definitely sympathize with that.

Q. Did you still worry about him?
ANDY RODDICK: It's tough because you're trying to play a certain way, and then he's taking the first ball and just crushing it. Either way, it kind of takes strategy out of it. You're just trying to fight off balls. He hits the ball big enough where you can still be relevant doing that. It was a little bit of a tricky situation.

Q. You go into every match with the same preparation, but going into this next match if you play Roger, can you feel the extra weight?
ANDY RODDICK: I think you feel the extra weight of most big matches. That's just the way it is. But I'm excited. I expect a lot of myself. I don't think anybody else really expects much from me (laughter). I'm excited. To play him, I'm assuming it will be a night session, you know, the crowd will be electric, and I'll be excited. I'm excited about the opportunity.

Q. Eight months have passed now. Can you reflect back on Australia and just talk about what you think happened in that match. Going in there you were playing outstanding.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I was playing well. Pretty even up till 4-All. He got on a hot streak, was able to kind of reel off some breaks. Once Roger gets momentum, it's tough to play catch up. Just got away from me.

Q. Considering how well you played in the first set, was there any sense of relief he retired?
ANDY RODDICK: There's a big sense of relief to get through that first set because I could tell he was laboring a little bit. The difference between winning the first set and losing the first set as far as his mentality is huge.
But as far as him throwing it in when he did, I felt like I was in control either way.

Q. You say you don't think people expect anything of you in this match. What do you mean?
ANDY RODDICK: I'm saying people are going to call him the favorite. Maybe I misspoke, you know. Trust me, I know you guys expect a lot from me (smiling).

Q. When he gets open a roll like that, now that the Australian Open is over, have you thought what you can do when he starts playing like that?
ANDY RODDICK: The Australian Open is in the past. It's in the past. I mean, it's eight months ago. If you want me to sit here and go through it. You guys can go through it. It only took about 45 minutes. You guys got that much time. You can go back and look at it if you need some retrospect.

Q. Your net game has become an important part of your game. Against Roger it seems like sometimes he's drawing you in when he wants you to come in rather than you coming in on your own terms.
ANDY RODDICK: Okay.

Q. Can you talk about that, because obviously it's not like you're going to play him completely from the baseline.
ANDY RODDICK: What do you want me to talk about? I agree with what you said.

Q. Just talk about your approach to that.
ANDY RODDICK: I think a big thing against Roger's making sure you get something on your approach shot. If he's set, he's going to take a swing at it and he's going to hit it more often than not. Even if he is bringing you in you got to make sure you get some stick on your approaches. I think that's an important factor.

Q. Is coming in to the net getting more instinctive for you?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah. I think the more you do something, the better you get at it. I'm a lot better at it than I was a couple years ago. So maybe.

Q. Did you watch Isner's match against Federer?
ANDY RODDICK: I watched a little bit of it.

Q. Did you have any impressions?
ANDY RODDICK: I think I missed the good part of it (smiling). I was in here talking to you all.

Q. Didn't see the first set?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, I saw it up till about 5-All. I came in here. I saw it was 0-0 in the second. I didn't see the exciting part.

- FastScripts by ASAP Sports -

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2007-09-03/200709031188862954531.html

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMar 4 Sep 2007 - 15:17

Roddick est tout excité

04/09 11h16 - Tennis, US Open

Opposé à Roger Federer en quarts de finale, Andy Roddick est tout excité à l'idée de le retrouver.

«La pression, le poids des gros matches va se faire sentir. Je sens déjà l’adrénaline monter en moi, j’attends beaucoup de moi-même sur ce match. Concernant le match de Roger la nuit dernière, je n’ai même pas voulu allumer la télévision. Pour quoi faire ? Pour voir combien il est fort ? Ça fait déjà trop longtemps que je le sais», a-t-il fait savoir après sa victoire sur Tomas Berdych. Pour rappel, A-Rod a perdu 13 des 14 matches qu’il a disputés contre le Suisse.

www.sport24.com

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMar 4 Sep 2007 - 21:54

ptain ms au secours les traductions serieux ! Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyLun 12 Nov 2007 - 17:56

Masters masculin - Déclarations

SHANGHAI (Chine), 12 nov 2007 (AFP) 12/11/2007 12h24

Andy Roddick (vainqueur de Nikolay Davydenko): "Pour moi, il n'y a jamais eu de doute que je vienne jouer ici. J'ai renoncé à disputer Paris-Bercy pour me ménager et arriver en pleine forme au Masters. Je ne sais pas si le fait d'avoir battu Davydenko a une grande importance vis-à-vis de la Coupe Davis. Mais c'est sûr que ça ne peut pas faire de mal."

www.webmember.be

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyLun 12 Nov 2007 - 20:23

J'avais même pas fait le rapprochement avec la CD ! Perso je pense pas que ça change grd chose ms bon ... ce qui sera sûr c'est que la CD sera ... affraid

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMar 13 Nov 2007 - 16:34

TENNIS MASTERS CUP
November 12, 2007
SHANGHAI, CHINA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Your backhand volley are really improving quite a bit, really excellent. Did you do some practice back in the States on these two categories? Jimmy Connors, your coach, is not here with you. Did that affect you?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, those two shots are something that I try to practice a lot. But I think for the first time this year I've actually had an extended period of time, because of my injuries, you know, to practice.
You know, I haven't been healthy enough to play in a tournament. But because I haven't been able to move as much, maybe I've been able to hit backhands standing still and volleys. So maybe that helped a little.
Even though Jimmy's not here, I'm sure he's watching on TV. I'll be able to call home and get his thoughts.

Q. We see that you gave your racquet to the fans after you finished the match. The backs of the board was broken when the fans were fighting for your racquet. What is your comment on it?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, I couldn't use it any more. I didn't have much use for it, so... Better in their hands than a trash can somewhere, right (smiling)?

Q. You smashed the racquet at the end of the second set and the beginning of the third set, and then you played really good. Do you think it's any help to smash racquets? Andre Agassi was the Olympic champion in Atlanta. Do you ever think to recapture this title for the U.S.?
ANDY RODDICK: The Davis Cup title?

Q. The Olympic title.
ANDY RODDICK: Olympic title, excuse me.
Well, yeah, I mean, I think that's something that I think of often. I can't win that this week, so it does me no good to really think about it (smiling). I have enough to think about with these great players here this week.
As far as smashing racquets, you know, for as many times as it's helped me, it's hurt me that many times also. But, you know, it's just part of my personality. I've always been pretty expressive and emotional on the court. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not so much.

Q. What do you think of this year's introducing ceremony which resembles the way of introducing NBA players? How do you like the light and music, the atmosphere?
ANDY RODDICK: At the introduction ceremony?

Q. Yes.
ANDY RODDICK: I thought it was great. You know, to be able to come in in a car and see all the fans there kind of screaming. To be able to get a gift and see all the other players, kind of dress up in traditional Chinese attire, I thought it was neat.
It's not something that we get to do every day, so it definitely was unique, something to be remembered.

Q. I saw the captain Patrick McEnroe somewhere in the stadium. He came here because of you or just to do some television job? Also in the round table interview you said there's no better preparation for Davis Cup than here.

Q. So you defeated the No. 1 Russian player, so it's a perfect start for you for the Davis Cup final.
ANDY RODDICK: First question, Patrick is here to do some commentary for ESPN. But he was a little -- I'm surprised he was in the stands. I didn't know he was there 'cause he's been feeling a little sick since he got here.
But, yeah, I mean, I don't know how much relevance tonight's match is going to have three weeks from now or two weeks from now, whenever the final is. But, you know, I think winning here tonight can't do anything to hurt my chances in the Davis Cup final.

Q. Two weeks ago at Bercy, a lot of speculation was going on whether you would come, whether you wouldn't come. When did you actually make the call and how is the fitness now?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, I was always coming. I think the rumor started in your little neck of the woods. Maybe some wishful thinking. If I'm out, maybe someone else is in. You're thinking of something to write (laughter). Am I on to something?
No, okay. I was always coming. I was always coming. You know, I think the reason that I wasn't in Paris was so I could try to prepare for here and get fit and come here healthy, so I'm not sure where that rumor started.
Definitely wasn't out of my mouth. You know, I was always coming to be a part of this and to play here in Shanghai.

Q. With one year of cooperation with Jimmy Connors, do you think you're now a better player than you used to be? Do you have plans to extend the contract with Jimmy?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, you know, I think we're working -- still working towards a common goal. I think I could have played a little bit better this year. I had a lot of momentum coming in from last year. I'm definitely looking to improve upon this year next year. And, yeah, Jimmy and I are still planning to work together.

Q. Davydenko challenged on the last point. Did it make you worry a little bit?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, the thing about the challenge is, no matter how sure you are that the ball's in, there's always this little part of you that thinks that the machine might mess up or something might not go right.
I didn't want him to challenge on match point, because I just wanted to shake hands and have it be over with. But I was pretty sure that I made the shot. But if you're in his position, there's no reason not to.

Q. Last year you and James Blake qualified for the Masters Cup. The year before it was you and Andre Agassi. This year you're the only American player to play the singles. The Bryan brothers are not here. Do you feel a little lonely as the only one American player here?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, I don't know about "lonely" (smiling). James isn't my girlfriend. But I think obviously I'd love it if James was here just from the perspective that he's a good friend of mine and I think I always cheer for him to do well and to win matches, and especially here because he had such a special tournament here last year. He played so well to make the final.
You know, I was hoping he would be here. I'm sure he was, as well.

http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2007-11-13/i.php

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMar 13 Nov 2007 - 18:02

la raquette, la reflexion sur James, la façon dont il taille les journaleux sur leur connerie, et comme il rembarre qd on vient l'emmerder sur les JO le truc qu'a juste aucun rapport avec la choucroute ... je le kiffe ! il est trop bon ! Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714 Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714 Itw & Conférences de Presse 189714

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMer 14 Nov 2007 - 16:03

Masters (H) Les déclarations

mer 14 nov, 16h05

Andy Roddick : «Il y a des jours comme ça où tout fonctionne et aujourd'hui était un de ceux-là. Cette victoire, je la voulais, je ne voulais pas lui laisser le temps de mettre en place son jeu puissant, j'ai plutôt bien réussi il me semble. Comme je suis déjà qualifié, il n'y aura aucune raison pour que je sois nerveux face à Roger (Federer). Je peux y aller en jouant libéré pour essayer de le bouter hors du tournoi. Je pense qu'il y a six autres gars dans ce tournoi qui adoreraient me voir faire ça (rires).»

yahoo.fr
http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/14112007/53/tennis-masters-h-les-declarations.html

LaRa

Administrateur
Administrateur
LaRa

• Profil •

USA

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyMer 14 Nov 2007 - 17:46

ET MOI ET MOI ET MOIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!! Itw & Conférences de Presse 128934 Itw & Conférences de Presse 128934 Itw & Conférences de Presse 128934 Itw & Conférences de Presse 128934

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptySam 17 Nov 2007 - 17:38

Les réactions

sam 17 nov, 15h33

Andy Roddick (battu en demi-finale par David Ferrer): «J'ai fait un très mauvais premier set. Dans l'ensemble j'aurais pu servir un peu mieux. Je dois rebondir vite car mon année n'est pas terminée ( ndlr: il va disputer la finale de la Coupe Davis avec les Etats-Unis dans deux semaines ). Je n'avais encore jamais vu Ferrer jouer aussi bien que cette semaine, c'est impressionnant la manière avec laquelle il est arrivé en finale. Je ne sais pas si j'ai déjà vu quelqu'un qui bouge aussi bien. Ca ne me surprendrait qu'à moitié s'il gagnait le tournoi.»

http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/17112007/53/tennis-masters-h-les-reactions.html

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptySam 17 Nov 2007 - 18:23

Roddick: "Federer es favorito, pero Ferrer..."

Eurosport - sáb 17 nov 15:07:00 2007

El estadounidense Andy Roddick concede al suizo Roger Federer un "ligero favoritismo" ante el empuje de David Ferrer para la final de la Copa Masters que se disputa en Shangai, pero advierte no obstante que no le sorprendería nada una victoria del español.

"Solo puedo decir una cosa, hoy jugué mucho mejor que la última vez en Cincinnati. Allí lo hice muy mal, pero de la forma que el está jugando ahora, cada vez lo hace mejor", dijo Roddick sobre su verdugo de hoy.

"Jugó increíble en el Abierto de Estados Unidos y esta semana está por encima de lo que le había visto antes. Es impresionante la manera tan cómoda en la que está venciendo a sus rivales. Golpea la bola limpiamente y no pierde ni una sola. No sé si he visto a alguien moverse así", añadió sobre Ferrer.

"En el segundo set sentí que estaba pegando bien a la bola, cuatro, cinco, seis veces a las esquinas pero él llegaba a todo. Está jugando con una gran confianza lo que te desespera", comentó.

"Te hace jugar cada punto porque devuelve todo. Y no falla al resto. Su derecha no era uno de sus mejores golpes pero lo ha mejorado y ha aprendido a golpear desde ambos lados", dijo Roddick.

Sobre la final de mañana, Roddick fue cauteloso. "No se puede hablar de la final por lo que ha sucedido esta semana, hay que mirar los enfrentamientos y Roger ha vencido a David de forma cómoda muchas, muchas veces. Hay algo que para David es difícil de superar cuando se enfrenta contra él", comentó.

"Pero como he dicho antes, está jugando lo mejor que sabe, lo mejor de siempre. Es difícil predecir, pero si Federer está en la final hay que darle a él un ligero favoritismo, aunque Ferrer está jugando muy bien y no me sorprendería nada", dijo.

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/17112007/47/copa-masters-shanghai-roddick-federer-favorito-ferrer.html

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptySam 17 Nov 2007 - 21:20

Roddick: "Ferrer surprend tout le monde"

Vendredi 16 novembre 2007 - 15:44

Andy Roddick (battu par Roger Federer, rencontre David Ferrer en 1/2 finale): "A chaque fois qu'on se rencontre, il a l'air au top de son jeu, ce qui est un peu énervant. Faut voir ce que je peux changer. Ceux qui le battent, comme Nalbandian, sont des joueurs qui courent beaucoup, ce n'est malheureusement pas ma qualité première. Lorsqu'il sert à 84% en première balle (82% en fait), ça rend les choses compliquées. Je ne sais pas s'il a jamais eu un tel pourcentage de sa carrière. Mais aujourd'hui c'était spécial car je remets ça demain. Je suppose que je vais jouer en premier, alors il faudra vite évacuer. Mieux vaudra avoir la mémoire courte. Je dois faire comme si j'avais gagné un quart de finale ce soir. C'est plus facile à dire qu'à faire mais c'est l'unique chose à faire. Ferrer surprend tout le monde en ce moment sauf les joueurs qui l'ont rencontré. C'est sans doute le joueur qui a le plus progressé cette année. Il est monté sur roues! J'aurai besoin de jouer un grand tennis pour le battre."

sport.fr
http://www.sport.fr/tennis/ten/Roddick-Ferrer-surprend-tout-le-monde-106147.shtm

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse EmptyDim 2 Déc 2007 - 18:56

Coupe Davis: Roddick: "C'est extraordinaire"

02/12/2007 - 12:15

Andy Roddick a réalisé l'un de ses rêves en remportant la finale de la Coupe Davis, samedi à Portland, avec l'équipe des Etats-Unis face à la Russie (3-0). Après la victoire des frères Bryan en double, l'ancien numéro 1 mondial ne cachait pas son émotion: "Venir ici, partager ces émotions avec les gars, développer cette amitié et tout ce qui va avec, les rires et les larmes, c'est juste extraordinaire", a-t-il confié avec émotion sur le site Internet de la BBC.

www.sports.fr

Contenu sponsorisé

• Profil •

MessageSujet: Re: Itw & Conférences de Presse   Itw & Conférences de Presse Empty

Itw & Conférences de Presse

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 6 Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant