RAFAEL NADAL FORUM

Un forum complet dédié au numéro 2 mondial Rafael Nadal ainsi qu'à tous les autres joueurs du circuit ATP.
Pour tous les amoureux et passionnés de tennis.

Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

Chris EATON

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Auteur Message

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Dans un cabanon perdu en Espagne

Membre n° : 3

Chris EATON Vide
MessageSujet: Chris EATON   Chris EATON EmptyMar 24 Juin 2008 - 22:06

Chris Eaton

Chris EATON Atpe673

Birthdate: 27-Nov-87
Birthplace: Guildford, Great Britain
Residence: Horsley, Surrey, Great Britain
Height: N/A
Weight: 167 lbs (75 kg)
Plays: Right-handed
Turned Pro: N/A
Coach: N/A

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Paris

Membre n° : 1

Chris EATON Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Chris EATON   Chris EATON EmptyMar 24 Juin 2008 - 22:14

An interview with Chris Eaton

C. Eaton Interview - 24 June
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Chris Eaton def. Boris Pashanski 6‑3, 7‑6, 6‑4

Q. How does that feel?

CHRIS EATON: Pretty good. Pretty good, yeah. I mean, you can't compete with that feeling.

Q. How does it compare to Uzbekistan?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, slightly better. Slightly better.

No, it's fantastic. I mean, this is a dream come true. To actually win my match, yeah, it's phenomenal.

Q. Obviously you were playing well. How much were you lifted by the support?

CHRIS EATON: It's unbelievable. I mean, when you just first walk on there, they were shouting, you know, giving it everything. You can't not give it everything yourself. It's amazing how well they can lift you.

Q. Six games to play to get here? You played prequalifying.

CHRIS EATON: Yes. This was my seventh. This was my seventh match, yeah.

Q. Did you honestly think you had a chance of winning today?

CHRIS EATON: Yes, I did. Yeah, I mean, you know, I saw the guy. Maybe he's not the most comfortable on the grass. But the way I was playing, the way I was serving, I knew I definitely had a chance.

Q. Could you talk us through your day. You went on quite late. Were the nerves kicking in early morning?

CHRIS EATON: Early morning was fine. To be honest with you, it was actually probably the most frustrating day because there was that match that ‑‑ yesterday I went to bed thinking I was third on. They put a match on to finish, which made me fourth. That match went 10‑8 in the third, a women's match. Then another match was meant to finish; it didn't. Took a long time. It was actually getting a bit tedious. I just wanted to get out there, give it my best.

Q. Talk us through your day.

CHRIS EATON: I got up, just drove to the National Tennis Centre, which I get transport in, because my house is a little bit too far away. Had a little practice at 12:00. Played a few games. Threw a rugby ball around with my coach, James Davison, had a bit of food, then went out to see my parents, my family. They're here. Went to say hi, soak up a bit of the atmosphere. The rest of the day wasted away because I was trying to relax before my match.

Q. Did the match go in a blur or can you remember most of it?

CHRIS EATON: No, I can remember quite a lot of it. There were times when I was holding my serve easy I didn't and I wasn't quite getting a decent hit on his serve. Those games were flying through without really noticing the match. You wake up a little bit at 4‑All, 5‑All. No, it's good.

Q. A point when he got slightly angry about the call. How did you feel when that was going on?

CHRIS EATON: I mean, everybody can do that. Everybody has the right to do that. The line calls, you can all have your own opinion. If he thought it was that bad, then he can complain. I knew he was sort of a little prone to having a go at the umpires and stuff. I just let him do his thing. Hopefully it would sort of annoy him enough to give me a little sneak.

Q. What were you doing during last year's Wimbledon?

CHRIS EATON: That's a good question. I was injured. I played quallies, lost second round. Yeah, I hurt my back then and I was out for two months I think.

Q. Lying on your back when you were injured?

CHRIS EATON: No, no, no. I was just doing rehab and stuff. It wasn't a bad injury. But it was one of those ones if I didn't sort it, it would keep going. I thought, it's not worth it.

Q. Can you tell us about your normal life. You've been to some pretty far‑flung places, not picked up a lot of money. Must be quite a hard grind for you.

CHRIS EATON: No, it definitely is hard. Playing on the futures circuit, it's very hard. There's no glamour. There's nothing. You just got to get out there, motivate yourself. There's no atmosphere. You just got to fight for every single point, fight for every single match. Hopefully you end up here.

Obviously my hard work's paid off for me.

Q. What was the atmosphere like in Uzbekistan?

CHRIS EATON: Pretty dead. Yeah, it was pretty dead (laughter).

Q. What's the place like?

CHRIS EATON: It's all right. Felt safe. You got to be pretty careful with the food. Actually when you figure out what you can eat, is fine. Hotels were fine. Just not to sort of England ‑‑ not to what you'd normally see in England.

Q. They didn't know you out there?

CHRIS EATON: No. I don't think many people knew me here (smiling).

Q. Was this game a bit easier in that the crowd were there, the surroundings, lifts you, rather than going to place like that?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, definitely. I mean, it's not so much the crowd lifting me. When you play at Wimbledon, it's Wimbledon. It's the biggest tournament. It's the one that I like the most. There's no problem with getting yourself up for playing at Wimbledon.

Q. Is it right that you might have restrung your own racquet this morning?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, I did. We just have a stringing machine at the National Tennis Centre. I always string my racquets there. I know exactly how the racquet's going to come out. Yeah, I thought I may as well do it myself, then I know exactly what I'm getting.

Q. Do you always do it yourself?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, unless I'm abroad, in which case I'll give in a few and see how it comes out.

Q. How many racquets did you take out there today?

CHRIS EATON: Four.

Q. Will you restring them again for the next round?

CHRIS EATON: I'll probably restring one. Maybe after doubles tomorrow.

Q. Was that the real you today or you lifted by the crowd? Looked like you meant business. Is that you or you rising to the occasion?

CHRIS EATON: No, that's me. If you've seen my quallies matches, that's been me throughout the whole of quallies. That's how I am on court always, even in those strange places. Just sometimes I don't play that well.

Q. Did you have a chance to see your mum and dad yet?

CHRIS EATON: No, I haven't. I'll see them after this.

Q. I know you're not in it for the prize money. How much have you earned in your career? How does 27,000 compare to what you've earned so far?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, it's a lot. It's a lot. I mean, I don't know how much I've earned so far. It won't have been 27,000. But it's great. It's gonna help me travel around, play the tournaments I want to play, fund my life. It will be great.

Q. What car do you drive?

CHRIS EATON: I drive a Vauxhall Astra with duct tape on one wing mirror.

Q. What are your own expectations now and how much are you inspired by the rise of Andy Murray?

CHRIS EATON: What Andy's done is fantastic. I'm really happy for him. It is great to have someone who is from my country, doing well. Yeah, you can always just sort of feel the lift from what Andy's doing. There's a little atmosphere, especially where we train. There's a bit of atmosphere when Andy does well. It lifts the players. It's really good. It's really good.

Q. Does he talk to you about your game or anything?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, I talk to him a little bit. We don't tend to talk tennis.

Q. Has he given you any kind of advice?

CHRIS EATON: Not that much. I don't really know him that well. I think the last thing tennis players want to do when they come across each other is talk tennis really. Just sort of relax, have a friendly chat.

Q. You don't hit with him at all?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, I've hit with him a few times. Yeah, it's really good to hit with him. Whenever I play good players, I seem to raise my game.

Q. There's a Davis Cup tie here in September on the grass. Anyone that can serve aces like that one would assume comes into contention. What are your thoughts on the whole situation?

CHRIS EATON: I mean, there's nothing I can do about Davis Cup except keep playing, you know, the way I'm playing. I'm just concentrating on Wimbledon right now. Hasn't even entered my mind about Davis Cup.

Q. Can you tell us about yourself, when you started playing? You still live with your parents?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, I live with my parents in a little village called East Horsley, quite near Guildford in Surrey. I started playing when I was six. But that's just because my family is really sporty. I started taking it really seriously when I was 12, 13. I've just been training hard ever since.

Q. If you had a choice, would you go back onto Court 3 or No. 2 Court or would you like to try one of the show courts?

CHRIS EATON: I'd love to try one of the show courts, to be honest you. It would be a great experience. I don't mind. Put me anywhere. I just really enjoy playing tennis at the moment.

Q. What other sports were in the equation when you were a kid?

CHRIS EATON: Cricket. Cricket was a big sport. Yeah, it's pretty much my favorite sport at the moment.

Q. To what sort of level?

CHRIS EATON: I chose pretty early. I chose at about 13, 12 or 13, that I wanted tennis. I enjoyed it the most. Decided, because I was a batsman at cricket, it was a bit too risky. You have one bad day and you're out for the day, sort of standing in the field. Yeah, tennis excited me a bit more.

Q. What are you going to do now to make sure this one victory at Wimbledon isn't the last we hear of you and it's not a flash‑in‑the‑pan sort of victory for you? What's your plans?

CHRIS EATON: Not that much is going to change. I work as hard as I can every day. I'm just gonna, you know, try to keep riding the high confidence that I've got at the moment and that will just keep taking me through these matches. Yeah, I mean, if the next tournament I play, I'll just try to do exactly the same thing I'm doing here, focusing on what I'm doing, working hard in the gym, working hard on the court. Hopefully it will continue.

Q. Could you give us your initial thoughts about your second‑round match? Your opponent is quite a hothead, Mr. Tursunov.

CHRIS EATON: He's got some firepower. Obviously I've seen him quite a lot on TV. Yeah, it should be a great match. I mean, I just need to concentrate on what I'm doing, keep serving well, and I can put some pressure on the guy.

site officiel
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2008-06-24/200806241214342398250.html

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Paris

Membre n° : 1

Chris EATON Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Chris EATON   Chris EATON EmptyMar 24 Juin 2008 - 23:25

Wimbledon 2008

1er tour vs Pashanski

(Daylife)
Chris EATON 340xhd5.th Chris EATON 340xle4.th Chris EATON 340xss4.th

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

Chris EATON Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Chris EATON   Chris EATON EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008 - 21:33

C. Eaton Interview - 25 June
Wednesday, 25 June 2008
BRYAN‑BRYAN defeated Eaton‑Slabinsky 7-5, 6-1, 6-4

Q. If you win tomorrow, how are you going to cope with all this?

CHRIS EATON: We'll deal with that when it comes to it.

Q. Are you enjoying it?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, very much so, very much so.

Q. What did you think this morning when you picked up the newspapers, flipped to the back page and saw pictures of yourself?
CHRIS EATON: It's brilliant. It's all good fun. In the newspapers it's cool, but I'm a tennis player and I'm just sort of focusing on my tennis.

Q. How determined are you to make sure that it's not just these few days that you're in the public eye?
CHRIS EATON: I mean, as I say, I'm a tennis player and this is what I do, so every time I step on the tennis court I want to win the match. It's not because it's Wimbledon that I want to win more, you know.

Of course it's special, but every single time I step on the tennis court I want to win the match.

Q. Does the grass suit you then?
CHRIS EATON: Yeah, very much so. Yeah, I mean, you can serve and volley on the grass and it's still soft enough. So, yeah, it's perfect.

Q. You've played seven matches so far?
CHRIS EATON: Seven matches so far.

Q. And the one tomorrow will be your eighth?
CHRIS EATON: Yeah.

Q. How confident are you?
CHRIS EATON: I'm feeling good, you know. I'm trying not to think about sort of the match in itself and who I'm playing. Just concentrate on my own game, and everything else will take care of itself.

Q. What will you do tonight to prepare?
CHRIS EATON: Not a lot. I think I'll just, you know, relax, maybe watch a film. Try to get a good early night and just try to relax.

Q. Could you tell me a bit about your training regime. What specific training have you done in the buildup to Wimbledon?
CHRIS EATON: Actually I've played a lot of matches in the buildup to Wimbledon. I mean, last year I had an injury after I played Wimbledon quallies, and I just wanted to make up for that with playing a lot of matches.

Q. But in your sort of daily routine, is it press‑ups, sit‑ups, sprints, that sort of thing? What's your daily routine?
CHRIS EATON: I'm doing ‑‑ at the moment, sort of during the tournament, I'm doing a lot of stuff. Obviously nothing straining, but I'm doing stuff to keep my shoulder intact, stuff with bands, resistance bands, that sort of stuff. Yeah, stretching a lot, physio treatment. The guy helping me out is fantastic.

Keeping everything intact, doing a lot of core stuff. Because you never know. You can slip, and everything has got to be as loose as it can be.

Q. How many hours a day would you do for that sort of training?
CHRIS EATON: I'm probably doing about an hour a day. They're long days here.

Q. And before you were doing that how many hours would you do if you're not in the middle of Wimbledon?

CHRIS EATON: If I'm not in a tournament?

Q. Yeah.

CHRIS EATON: I'm probably playing four hours tennis, maybe an hour and a half in the gym every day, something like that.

Q. Do you have any sort of superstitions or practices before you go into a match, especially big ones such as tomorrow?
CHRIS EATON: No superstitions as such. I like to throw a rugby ball around. I have a little rugby ball. I like to throw that around.

But that's more just to relax and warm the shoulder up and things like that. There's nothing that I can really think of.

Q. No music that you sort of cling onto?
CHRIS EATON: No. No, I'm quite a relaxed guy. I like to sort of stay relaxed on the court and just let my personality and my tennis deal with everything else.

Q. You seem fairly relaxed. Obviously going into a game tomorrow where the focus and attention will be on you, whereas perhaps your last match it wasn't. Are you the type of player who thrives on that type of atmosphere?
CHRIS EATON: Who knows? I mean, it hasn't...

Q. It's something you've never experienced before?
CHRIS EATON: Exactly. At the end of the day, I felt a bit of pressure when I was going out. I expected myself to put in a decent performance last time I played, and I handled that pretty well. I don't expect anything different from myself tomorrow.

Q. How can the spectators help you tomorrow?
CHRIS EATON: Oh, I mean, love a repeat performance. They were fantastic yesterday. There was so much noise and everybody was so excited, so happy. If they're enjoying themselves I'm going to enjoy myself, and if I'm enjoying myself I'm going to play some good tennis.

Q. You want them to call your name?
CHRIS EATON: Yeah, it's fantastic.

Q. We noticed at the end of your press conference last night you made a brief comment about Tursunov. Have you researched him today, looked into his form?
CHRIS EATON: No. I've seen him play a few times, and it's pretty obvious that he's a pretty explosive guy. He's got some good weapons.

But, again, I'm not too worried about sort of what he can do. Because if I can look after my own serve and look after my own game, then I think I'm in with a shout.

Q. Have you looked past that round in the draw?
CHRIS EATON: Not really. I mean, I know who's there.

Q. It's Andy Roddick.
CHRIS EATON: Yeah.

Q. Presumably if you got him, that would be a terrific...
CHRIS EATON: I think we'll worry about that when we need to.

Q. If your success continues, would you buying new wing mirror or a new car?
CHRIS EATON: I don't know. Maybe some better duct tape. No, I like it. I think it's cool.

Q. Were they dancing in the streets at East Horsely last night?
CHRIS EATON: I don't know. I think there were a lot of people from East Horsely watching yesterday. But, no, I was trying to get to bed. I only got home about 11:15 last night.

Q. I wasn't suggesting that you were there dancing.
CHRIS EATON: No, it's definitely good stuff.

Q. There's obviously a lot of interest in you and your background and stuff. You went to the same school as Tim Henman. Is much made of Tim being an ex‑pupil while you were in school?
CHRIS EATON: Not really. Quite a few people were sort of ‑‑ quite a few people made the connections. There were still some teachers around from when he was there.

But the fact that he was there actually made the school fantastic for me, because they were pretty flexible with what I had to do. They let me go traveling and play tournaments when I needed to and they were fantastic with that.

So, yeah, it did help in a massive way.

Q. Can you use him as an inspiration, how close he was to you?
CHRIS EATON: Definitely. He's a phenomenal player and I love watching him play. I play pretty similarly. I love to get to the net and my volleys are pretty decent.

Yeah, I can use him. Hopefully I can have a decent relationship with him. I know I'm okay at the moment, and hopefully he can help me through my career.

Q. I know you're pretty studious and you get decent grades. Can you remember what your GCSE is?
CHRIS EATON: No, I mean, actually my GCSE is quite lucky because I didn't go to school very much. I was playing a lot of tennis tournaments. I think I was 30 days of 100 or something like that.

My mom is a teacher and she traveled with me for a bit and she helped me with that. I did okay, but I can't remember exactly what they were.

Q. What's the school called?

CHRIS EATON: Reeds, in Oxshott.

Q. Will they be erecting a big screen in their assembly hall tomorrow?

CHRIS EATON: Who knows. That would be fantastic, but I don't know.

Q. Who will be there tomorrow from your family and friends?
CHRIS EATON: I think everybody who witnessed it last time will want another piece. But I think my parents, my brother. Unfortunately one of them is traveling at the moment, so he can't be there.

Q. Which one will be there?
CHRIS EATON: The younger one. I think pretty much the same sort of people will be around.

Q. Will your girlfriend be there tomorrow?

CHRIS EATON: Probably, yeah, I think so.

Q. Did she manage to watch you today in the doubles?

CHRIS EATON: No, she went home.

Q. Is there any reason?

CHRIS EATON: No, I think she was just tired.

Q. Prior to Wimbledon and the quallies, what was your best result?
CHRIS EATON: Semifinals in a future, that sort of stuff.

Q. Where was that?
CHRIS EATON: In Israel, nothing great. No, this has been great. This has been fantastic, all my hard work sort of coming together.

Q. Have you been given any indication whether you're likely to be on a show court again?
CHRIS EATON: I don't know. I don't think you can know until the schedule is out.

Q. Can you tell us where your met your girlfriend?
CHRIS EATON: I met her on New Year's Eve, but I'd rather not talk about it.

Q. We've seen some great pictures on the internet. What kind of modeling does she do?

CHRIS EATON: She's just sort of floating around. She likes to ‑‑ she's got some pictures and she just has a bit of fun with it.

Q. Is it a career aspiration for her?
CHRIS EATON: No, I don't think so. You know, I'll let her do what she likes to do and I'll concentrate on my tennis.

Q. Did you notice a difference today with the crowd when you were playing your doubles match, because obviously with the amount of attention that's been on you today since your win last night?

CHRIS EATON: Not really. I mean, obviously it was a smaller court. But, no, it was a great experience to go out there against those two, best players in the world at doubles.

That was a fantastic experience, and it was good because I felt pretty comfortable again on the court. It's just building confidence, sort of playing in those surroundings, which I can bring into tomorrow.

Q. You sort of grinned quite a lot through the match even when you were sort of losing points. Are you sort of loving this experience? You seem to be.
CHRIS EATON: Yeah, I'm definitely loving the experience. When you play the world No. 1s it's fantastic, playing them with a good friend. You just have a great time out there.

Q. What are your thoughts for after Wimbledon? I know you spoke yesterday about you're determined to keep your performances up and your focus up. When you go from the All England Club, can you give us an idea what tournament you might be playing in next?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, I'm having a look at the ATP in Newport. That's on the grass, as well.

Q. That will be your first in the States?
CHRIS EATON: I'll play quallies there if I can get in there, and then there's a challenger in Manchester on the grass. I'm going to keep to the surface as much as possible, because I'm obviously getting the results. Then after that, we'll see.

Q. Have you spoken to Henman, Rusedski, or Murray about their expectations of you now?

CHRIS EATON: No, not about that. Greg spoke to me earlier. He gave me a few little words on Tursunov. Andy said well done yesterday. Tim said well done this morning.

No, I'm just still trying to keep it low key, and I don't really feel the pressure at the moment. It's not like I'm expected to win the next match, but I expect myself to put in another great performance.

Q. Have you been approached by any more sponsors or anything like that?
CHRIS EATON: No, not that I know of. I'm just concentrating on my own tennis.

Site Officiel
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2008-06-25/200806251214417814312.html

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

Chris EATON Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Chris EATON   Chris EATON EmptyJeu 26 Juin 2008 - 21:16

C. Eaton Interview - 26 June
Thursday, 26 June 2008
Dmitry Tursunov def. Chris Eaton 7-6, 6-2, 6-4

Q. What are you going to do tonight? Celebrate?
CHRIS EATON: I don't know. I mean, I don't feel great right now. You know, who knows. Hopefully I'll feel a little better later, but I just lost a tennis match and it hurts.

Q. Quite an achievement to get as far as you did, though.
CHRIS EATON: Yeah. It's quite difficult to look at it like that right now, you know, because at the end of the day I did lose. I'm pretty upset that I lost.

Q. Do you think you did yourself justice in that game?

CHRIS EATON: To be honest with you, I did what I could do out there. I didn't serve as well as I know I can serve, which makes it difficult, because that's the biggest part of my game, you know.

But what I had on the day I put out there, and I don't know if I could do any more.

Q. How did you feel about the support on Court 1?
CHRIS EATON: That was amazing. I mean, those guys were making so much noise. No, it was absolutely fantastic. They were with me every step of the way. You know, they did a hell of a job.

Q. Did you see some of the T shirts people were wearing?
CHRIS EATON: Yeah. I mean, unfortunately one of them was my brother's best friend (smiling).

Q. Which one was that?
CHRIS EATON: Something like, "Team Eaton, got serve?"

No, it's good that everybody is getting involved. That I got so much support it was amazing.

Q. Did you notice that some of the support seemed more female dominated than male?
CHRIS EATON: I wasn't counting. No, you know, I was trying to concentrate on what was going on on the court, trying to win a tennis match.

Q. A bit of a consolation, quite a good paycheck to take home with you tonight.

CHRIS EATON: I'm not thinking about that. Yeah, I get some money, but I'm still disappointed that I lost. I felt I had a decent chance today and couldn't quite deliver.

Q. How did you feel when you stepped out onto Court 1 with everyone cheering for you?
CHRIS EATON: That was an interesting one, because I didn't know how I would feel. I was hoping that it wouldn't just hit me and hit me hard. But, no, it didn't at all.

Luckily I sort of got out there I don't know why, but I saw a few empty seats and that sort of helped me a little bit. I don't know really know why.

No, everybody was loving it. They were all getting behind me. I just had to sort of embrace it and give 'em a show.

Q. It looked like you were deep in thought in some of the breaks. What was going through your mind at that time?
CHRIS EATON: You know, I was just trying to figure out a way of stopping him doing what he was doing, trying to find you know, just trying to tell myself, Keep believing in your serve. It will come back. It will come back. It was pretty swirly down there.

He gave me a few chances to sneak a break. If I sneaked a break I thought I had a decent chance, but it didn't happen.

Q. How important is it for you to come back and build on this? Every year there's normally one Brit who does well for a while and then disappears. We never hear of him again. It's obviously important for you to come back and show you're not a one year wonder sort of thing.
CHRIS EATON: Yeah, of course. But at the end of the day it's not just about Wimbledon. I can go and win like three or four challengers now, not do well at Wimbledon next year, and it's not going to be horrendous. You know, I'm just going to try to use this.

I'd obviously love to do well at Wimbledon again. It's the best tournament, but it's not the only tournament. I'm just going to try to take every match as it comes and keep playing how I played in quallies and the first round.

Q. How will your success here affect your schedule? Are you going to try to get into some different tournaments you haven't maybe considered?
CHRIS EATON: Yeah. I mean, I'm looking at a few tour events, maybe play some quallies there, 'cause at the moment I tend to raise my game when I play better players. You know, I think it's best for me. It will improve my tennis more if I get out there with the greater players, yeah, you know, test myself, see if I can mix it with them.

Q. Are you going to take any kind of break between now and your next games?
CHRIS EATON: I don't know. I haven't decided yet. I might go to Dublin tomorrow. We'll see. We'll see. Physically I'm feeling pretty good, but I don't know how I feel mentally right now. So, yeah, we'll see.

Q. You seemed to follow your serve in a bit less than your first round game. Was that right?
CHRIS EATON: No, I'm pretty sure I serve and volleyed most of it, yeah. I got smoked a few times. He hits pretty hard. The problem was he hits it pretty hard sort of to corners.

If I didn't hit a perfect spot on my serve, I didn't even get a chance, didn't get a half volley, he's just smoke it past me. So I had to be pretty accurate, which wasn't quite good enough.

But I kept to my game plan, because I don't think I've got the tools to beat him from the back.

Q. Does getting experience playing at the highest level increase your appetite to succeed?
CHRIS EATON: Yeah, of course. It's a dream to play Wimbledon. It's a dream to play on a court like that. Obviously, all it can do is raise my dreams, raise my standards, and raise my expectations in myself.

From now on there's new goals and new standards that have just been set.

Q. How would you sum up your two matches at Wimbledon, your Wimbledon experience this year?
CHRIS EATON: I mean, again, it's pretty difficult to reflect on a whole week when you've just lost. I suppose I've got to say that the first match was fantastic. I played really good, and, you know, I took it to him.

Again, I gave everything today. I put what tennis I had on the court. I tried every single point. There's not much more I can do than that.

I can take quite a few positives from this tournament, you know, from quallies, from the first few matches. But, you know, I can't really take them right now.

Q. Have you spoken to Tim or Greg or Andy?
CHRIS EATON: I spoke to them this morning, but obviously not since my match.

Q. Do you have a message for the fans who cheered you on today or Tuesday? What would that message be?

CHRIS EATON: Thank you so much. They've been absolutely phenomenal. You know, they've made my matches here. They're so enjoyable anyway, but, I mean, those guys just made it absolutely fantastic. Yeah, they deserve a hell of a lot of credit.

Q. Did you hear any particular calls that slightly distracted you?

CHRIS EATON: Not really. I mean, to me it was just noise, and there was a lot of it, so it was good.

Q. Has this given you a taste for Wimbledon? Will you be back next year?

CHRIS EATON: Yeah, of course. This is the biggest tournament in the tennis calendar. Of course I'm going to do everything in my power to be back next year. Yeah, hopefully.

Q. What about a new car? Have you had a chance to think about a new set of wheels?
CHRIS EATON: Everybody says that. But, no, I really do like my car, so I doubt it.

Q. Get the wing mirror fixed maybe?
CHRIS EATON: Maybe. We'll see.

Site Officiel
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2008-06-26/200806261214511828316.html

Snowdon

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
Snowdon

• Profil •

Italie
Féminin Localisation : Ivry-sur-Seine

Chris EATON Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Chris EATON   Chris EATON EmptyJeu 16 Juin 2011 - 9:58

Eastbourne 2011 - Samedi 11 juin
Qualifications