RAFAEL NADAL FORUM

Un forum complet dédié au numéro 2 mondial Rafael Nadal ainsi qu'à tous les autres joueurs du circuit ATP.
Pour tous les amoureux et passionnés de tennis.

Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Jesse LEVINE

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Auteur Message

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Dans un cabanon perdu en Espagne

Membre n° : 3

Jesse LEVINE Vide
MessageSujet: Jesse LEVINE   Jesse LEVINE EmptyMar 24 Juin 2008 - 21:42

Jesse Levine

Jesse LEVINE L799_AT

Birthdate: 15-Oct-87
Birthplace: Ottawa, Canada
Residence: Boca Raton, U.S.A.
Height: 5'9'' (175 cm)
Weight: 150 lbs (68 kg)
Plays: Left-handed
Turned Pro: 2007
Coach: N/A

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Adeline

Administrateur
Administrateur
Adeline

• Profil •

Espagne
Féminin Localisation : Paris

Membre n° : 1

Jesse LEVINE Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Jesse LEVINE   Jesse LEVINE EmptyMar 24 Juin 2008 - 21:56

An interview with Jesse Levine

J. Levine Interview - 24 June
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Jesse Levine def. Donald Young 4-6, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4

Q. Can you kind of go through your match, what happened after the first set, and then the fourth?

JESSE LEVINE: First set I came out to a flying start, was up 3 0, and then I think my body finally realized where it was (laughter). I wasn't really sure where I was, and nerves obviously played a little factor, and he came back and played a very good first set.

And then mentally I knew that there was a long way to go still obviously. It's best out of five. Really took my time and was concentrating on winning that second set. Once I won that second set, I felt like I kind of rolled onto the third, as well, and was really playing well and attacking and coming to the net when I could.

Then fourth set got off to a really good start again and then kind of let him back in. He started making a lot of balls, and I got a little nervous and was either not going for it or going for too much. So I was happy to hold serve to stay in it and then break him and then hold it to close out the match. I was pretty happy with that.

Q. Do you think maybe you started thinking, like, oh, my God, I'm going to win a match here?

JESSE LEVINE: I'm not going to lie, it crossed my mind, but I was trying not to think about that. I wanted to just focus on one point at a time and not worry about the outcome, you know, trying not to focus on that, like wow, I might win a round at Wimbledon. I was trying not to think that.

Q. You said about your body didn't really know where it was at the beginning. Was it when you walked onto the court and everything and you're at Wimbledon? What kind of things went through your mind?

JESSE LEVINE: You know, obviously it was kind of I got a little nervous going out to the court, walking out to the court. You get like shivers on your arms because I was so pumped to go play out there. It's Wimbledon, and this is my first Wimbledon, and I was definitely pumped to go out there.

Like I said, the first three games really I was just out there playing and don't really remember them that well. I came out on fire and was just playing. But luckily my mind settled with my body and I was able to keep it going there at the end.

Q. Is it possible to eat kosher in London?

JESSE LEVINE: I believe so. I believe it is. I think there's plenty of kosher restaurants here somewhere.

Q. You think or you know?

JESSE LEVINE: I think.

Q. You won't be trying to locate them?

JESSE LEVINE: I'm going to stick with my routine, Wimbledon Village.

Q. Where have you been dining here?

JESSE LEVINE: Italian, and then a French restaurant actually. I've been going back and forth, so I'll keep that routine going for sure.

Q. How do you think you match up with Melzer just from what you've seen of him?

JESSE LEVINE: Obviously another lefty. He has a very, very good serve, and I know for a fact he likes to really throw in the drop shot. I don't know how much on grass, but I've seen him play on clay when I was a hitting partner at Davis Cup. I watched him play Andy, and he definitely disguises that drop shot really well.

You know, he's very solid from the back. I think I'm not going to be able to wait and stay back with him. I'm going to try and attack it like my game plan was today and to try and keep it going like that.

Q. Is Wimbledon what you had envisioned? I mean, you probably think in your mind as a kid about playing here, first match and all that. Did it live up to your expectations?

JESSE LEVINE: Definitely. Obviously as a kid you dream of playing on stadium, so that's the next step is trying to get on stadium. I've played here before in juniors. Obviously it's not quite the same, but it's the same atmosphere and everything like that, so it wasn't completely new. But best out of five at Wimbledon, it's obviously a great experience.

Q. Where is Michael Shabaz now?

JESSE LEVINE: Michael Shabaz actually texted me before my match today.

Q. Did he?

JESSE LEVINE: He is at the University of Virginia, and he's doing great and playing well, and hopefully he can come out here and play and we can get back to playing some doubles again.

Q. They let Americans play at the University of Virginia?

JESSE LEVINE: Yeah, I mean, it was close to home, so he's kind of an in state kid. So obviously it's easier for him. But he's a great guy, we keep in touch all the time.

Q. What he did he say in the text?

JESSE LEVINE: He said, "Hey, man, great luck, sweet memories at Wimbledon, keep it going."

Q. Were you happy for your experience at college, as brief as it might have been?

JESSE LEVINE: Definitely. College was an amazing experience. I turned on my phone after the match, and I'm in the locker room, and it was going like crazy and they were all people from University of Florida texting me, congrats, congrats, I wish I could be there. It's always a great feeling to get texts from all the people that are following you. It just shows that they care, and it's always nice.

Q. Do you think more players should consider at least a stint in college, maybe from a socialization

JESSE LEVINE: If you want the social life, then definitely. As far as tennis, you really have to choose your school wisely. I feel like University of Florida was the best fit for me. Coach Jackson and Coach Bayon are two of the best coaches in the country, and they know what it takes to take a player to the next level. I still keep in touch with them all the time. Coach Jackson, I had a pass waiting for him, but unfortunately he couldn't make it out, so he's not recruiting here this year but maybe later.

Q. Your parents aren't here, are they?

JESSE LEVINE: No.

Q. What would it take for them to come here?

JESSE LEVINE: I'll tell you, after I qualified, my dad was on a flight, booked a flight, had it ready to go, had it on hold, and I got a call later that night. He said, "Jesse I can't come. I don't want to ruin your routine. I'm too superstitious. If I come there" I said, "Dad, it's going to be okay, I promise." He's like, "No, no, I can't do it." Obviously he's going to miss work and everything like that. But I think one or two more rounds, he's here (laughter).

Q. What about your mother?

JESSE LEVINE: She's there taking care of my brother. I don't think she's obviously she's eager to come, but my dad was the one that was really the superstitious one. I don't think he'd want her to go, and he would be upset if she came and he didn't go, so who knows, maybe they're all coming together.

Q. Did you talk to them?

JESSE LEVINE: Yeah, I talked to them. My mom was screaming as soon as I called her on the phone.

Q. What does your dad do?

JESSE LEVINE: My dad is in the insurance business.

site officiel
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/interviews/2008-06-24/200806241214335976697.html

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

Jesse LEVINE Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Jesse LEVINE   Jesse LEVINE EmptyMar 29 Juil 2008 - 9:40

ROGERS CUP
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
J. Levine / P. Polansky
6‑2, 6‑4

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Can we just joke around a bit?
JESSE LEVINE: Yeah.

Q. So is Nadal dead meat tomorrow?
JESSE LEVINE: Hopefully.

Q. What would be the plan in making him dead meat?
JESSE LEVINE: I'm not sure about that one right now. Going to have to go and talk it over with the coach and see what he's got in mind and see what I can pull out of my shorts tomorrow.

Q. Must be kind of fun in away to play against somebody that good.
JESSE LEVINE: Obviously I'm looking forward to playing on the stadium court against Rafael Nadal. He's the No. 2 player in the world and a great player. I always watch him on TV, so it's going to be kind of good to play him on stadium tomorrow.
Looking forward to it.

Q. What made the difference today?
JESSE LEVINE: I think I came out with a little bit more firepower at the beginning. I got off to a really good start.
Peter definitely stepped it up. In the second set he had me on the ropes a little bit. Could have gone either way there at the end. Just came up with a couple big shots and got him on the run and was happy to get through.

Q. Wasn't too tough coming back after such a difficult match yesterday?
JESSE LEVINE: Obviously yesterday I was a little bit tired after the match. Mentally it was tough because it was so close. But I just kind of tried to think about it as a confidence boost and not think about it.
Physically I was fine this morning when I woke up. I hydrated well last night. Had a nice good meal, so I was ready to go.

Q. Talk a little bit about your level of play when you were 12, 13, or whenever you left, and what the United States experience, particularly in Boca Raton, what that did for your game?
JESSE LEVINE: I first moved when I was 13 and went to the Chris Evert Academy. That was a great start for me.
But I really didn't take tennis so seriously about until I was 14, 15. I was playing high school basketball, baseball, soccer for my school team in the State. I decided to try and take tennis because I was too short for basketball and not good enough for soccer.
It was definitely a good steppingstone there at Chris Evert's. I kind of grew out of the situation. I moved over to Bollettieri Academy in Bradenton, which is where I'm based out of now, and the USTA is in Boca.

Q. I gather from friends of mine in Ottawa that you return regularly so you've maintained contact with your school friends?
JESSE LEVINE: Definitely. I keep in contact with all my friends from Ottawa. Today a couple of them were in the crowd there today trying to roar over the Peter fans, but I don't think that was working.

Q. Your game plan for tomorrow against Rafa?
JESSE LEVINE: I haven't talked about it with coach yet.

Q. Do you retain both citizenships?
JESSE LEVINE: I did, but now I travel with an American passport. I could definitely get a Canadian passport if it was needed. I was born in Ottawa, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Q. Anything could happen tonight, but if Djokovic wins then you'll be the only Canadian‑born player left in the tournament. Any satisfaction about that?
JESSE LEVINE: I haven't really thought about that. Maybe then I can get those fans cheering for me. I don't know. That would be nice to get them behind me.
Definitely I think helped Peter out a lot today. Getting fans behind you is a big thing. They always get behind Frank when Frank goes out there.
I watched his match last night. Obviously I'm playing doubles with him and we're good friends. It's definitely good to see the crowd get behind them, and hopefully I can get a little bit of that behind me when I play Rafa.

Q. Have you had a match against a guy sort of this good or close to this good that you'll be able to use as a helpful point in getting ready?
JESSE LEVINE: I played Davydenko as my first professional match to the US Open, and then just last week I played Tom Haas. But Tommy I train with all the time in Bradenton so we're kind of good friends. That was a little bit different.
Davydenko was definitely rough. That was over a year ago and my first match coming out of college. I think I've come a long way since then, and hopefully I can put up a good fight tomorrow.

Q. Is there any advantage to being a left hander playing a left hander?
JESSE LEVINE: I'm going to try and stay away from that forehand, that's for sure.

Site Officiel
http://www3.rogerscup.com/men/english/interview/tuesday/JesseLevine.doc

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

Jesse LEVINE Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Jesse LEVINE   Jesse LEVINE EmptyMar 29 Juil 2008 - 9:45

ROGERS CUP
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
R. Nadal / J. Levine
6‑4, 6‑2

Q. How did you play today?

JESSE LEVINE: I had a good start, I think. Went up a little bit. I think I was in that zone, not sure really where I was, and then I kind of came to my senses and realized that I'm playing Nadal on stadium court.
Obviously nerves got a little bit of me there. But I felt like I fought hard and played well and, you know, came up with some big shots at certain times. Just couldn't convert on a lot of breakpoints. Felt like I had a lot of chances. A lot of the games were 30‑All, deuce, and he just played those points better.

Q. Do you think you were mentally or even physically tired?
JESSE LEVINE: Not gonna lie, a little bit physically tired. Mentally I was okay out there. Physically I was a little bit tired, you know, coming through quallies, having a tough match yesterday and not having any days off. But you know what, that's part of it. No excuses for that.

Q. What did you learn about what it takes to beat a player like that?
JESSE LEVINE: A lot of winners. You know, I think that, you know, you get that feeling playing against him that you got to do something bigger than normal. You know, it's not the right feeling to have because he is human.
You know, you try and come up with shots that are just out of your mind or out of your shorts, I don't know how to say it. There's no need for that. You just got to try and say solid and keep playing solid tennis.
The guy doesn't make too many mistakes, so it's pretty tough.

Q. You had him at 4‑1. You had two breakpoints. From that point, after those points, the match seemed to kind of turn the other way. Is that one of the things where you flip the result of one of those points and maybe it changes?
JESSE LEVINE: I mean, definitely if I would have went up 5‑1 I think it would have been a little bit of a different story in the first set maybe. But obviously he came up with some good shots there, and then I had a couple mistakes.
You know 5‑1 would have been a nice start, but 4‑1 I can't complain. I had some chances but couldn't convert.

Q. Did the weather play any factor? Did the constant delay play on your nerves at all?
JESSE LEVINE: Not really. If anything, it kind of calmed me down because I got to go in the lounge and hang out with my brother and play some PSP, hanging out.
I got notice about 30 minutes before the match, Hey, you're on in 30 minutes. Then I got going and wanted to really get my body ready to go out there. I think did I a good job.
Didn't hit any balls before going on the court and that was kind of weird. We get an extra long warmup so it was fine. Good thing we got had ten minutes. Had time to get used to his ball a little bit, so that was nice.

Q. Did you get the crowd support you were hoping for?
JESSE LEVINE: At times I definitely did. I tried to get the crowd into it at times. I think they really got behind me a lot of times, and that was helpful.
Obviously I can't complain. There was a lot Rafa supporters out there. I was trying to hold my own and hoping to get some support behind me, and I felt like there was.

Q. Did you to feel like you had home court?
JESSE LEVINE: I don't know about home court. Felt like I some fans behind me, a lot of support, a lot of friends from Ottawa were here. Family was here and coaching and all that. But, no, didn't feel like home.

Q. How does this help or even hurt you in regard to going into the US Open?
JESSE LEVINE: Nothing about US Open right now. I got an another couple tournaments before then. Definitely gives me some confidence that I can play with the big boys, you know, and I can hold my own out there.
That was definitely the highest ranked player I ever played against in a tournament, and I hung in there for I would say the first set for sure. Second set I had some chances to break back, but definitely a confidence booster. Hopefully I can keep it rolling after this.

Q. Your first set was a great set. For you it looked like your first serve was giving you some problems. Can you expand on that for us?
JESSE LEVINE. Yeah, I don't know why. It was a little bit windy out there. Maybe I got a little bit tired in the legs and started missing a lot of first serves. The first set, at the beginning, I was definitely getting a lot of free points on my first serve. There were some balls I could put a way.
But definitely something you want to keep up against him is trying to make some first serves, because he's not going to miss too many second serve returns. I think the first serve kind of let me down a little bit in the second set.

Q. Was what your game plan coming into this match?
JESSE LEVINE: I was trying to attack him. I wasn't going to try and stay back and go far back in the court. Because his ball is so heavy it would probably jump over my head if I tried to stay back. I'm not very tall.
My game plan was to try and take the ball early on top of the baseline and try to get in and put away some volleys when I got the chances. I felt like I did a pretty good job with the game plan, just didn't execute well at times.

Q. Can you talk about your forehand? It seemed late in the first match. A bitter erratic. Is that just the type of spin that Nadal puts on the ball?
JESSE LEVINE: I would say yeah, it definitely has something to do with it. Obviously a little bit of nerves and a little bit of his ball. I'm not ‑‑ the ball is so heavy.
But I think when I got a little bit nervous I slowed down my racquet head speed instead of speeding it up. I started getting it going again at the end, but it was a little too late.

Q. Can I you about the serve. You really did have him on the run early in the match. What was your plan in terms of attacking him coming in, and how did he adjust to it?
JESSE LEVINE: I think it was more about me not executing anymore. I think, you know, obviously he made a lot more balls and started putting a little bit more pressure. I think obviously he had all the pressure on him and I had no pressure.
Once he got that break back I think that he really got settled into the match. I came out kind of flying, and that's what I wanted to do, but I didn't want to let him back in like I did, obviously.
I kind of let him settle in and get into a groove, which I didn't want to let happen.

Q. You talked yesterday about trying to avoid Rafa's forehand. Might have worked for you a little bit early, but seemed like to maybe got away from you there. Was that a matter of you kind of losing that plan, or was he just running around it?
JESSE LEVINE: I think when you're hitting forehands in the backhand alley it's kind of tough to stay away from the forehand.
No, I mean, obviously that was the initial plan. Then I tried going to the forehand to get to the backhand, but it was kind of tough.
But, you know, the guy moves so well it's kind of tough to try and just get to one stroke. That wasn't the game plan after I saw that he wasn't going to let that happen.

Q. Given that you went from qualifying at Wimbledon right into the main draw and into the second round and did the same here, and you said yesterday about your goal being into the top 100 as soon as possible, so you think you basically succeed? Are you going to be in the top 100 and be able to avoid qualifying now in some of the major tournaments coming up?
JESSE LEVINE: I haven't really looked at the rankings. It will be interesting to see where I'm going to be after this week. I don't think it's quite top 100 yet, but it's borderline. It's getting close.
As far as other tournaments, I just received word that I got a wildcard into Cincinnati. I'm pretty excited about that.
Hopefully in some other tournaments I can maybe sneak in on my ranking. US Open hopefully I can get another wildcard there, because on the cut I wasn't in yet. Hopefully soon enough I'll be in the top 100 and get into these tournaments on my own without the wildcards.

Site Officiel
http://www3.rogerscup.com/men/english/interview/wednesday/JesseLevine.doc

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

Jesse LEVINE Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Jesse LEVINE   Jesse LEVINE EmptyMer 30 Juil 2008 - 14:57

TMS Cincinnati 2008 vs Chris Guccione

(sports.yahoo.com)

Jesse LEVINE 21054810 Jesse LEVINE F178d110

Carla04

Administrateur
Administrateur
Carla04

• Profil •

Espagne

Jesse LEVINE Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Jesse LEVINE   Jesse LEVINE EmptyMar 7 Juil 2009 - 12:21

Levine, roi du tie-break

L’Américain Jesse Levine a dominé Chris Guccione au premier tour du tournoi de Newport (7/6 7/6).

Deux tie-breaks auront été nécessaires à Jesse Levine, qui s’est récemment distingué à Wimbledon en éliminant Marat Safin, pour dominer Chris Guccione au premier tour du tournoi de Newport (7/6 7/6).

www.sport24.com

Snowdon

Numéro 1 mondial
Numéro 1 mondial
Snowdon

• Profil •

Italie
Féminin Localisation : Ivry-sur-Seine

Jesse LEVINE Vide
MessageSujet: Re: Jesse LEVINE   Jesse LEVINE EmptyLun 4 Avr 2011 - 7:07

Samedi 2 avril